• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 Firmware 5.55 changelog:
  • SHOE
  • RIND
  • PINF
  • RGNE
giphy.gif

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Heads up: If you're interested in homebrew, there is supposedly a homebrew solution going to be coming out soon for firmware 5.05 soon, so avoid updating.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Looking forward to the day the PS4 gets an update for something substantial like say, oh I dunno, the inclusion of PS1 Classics, and not just more stability.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
"Stability" my ass!

I updated to this firmware and it hard locked my console with a solid white line on the LED. Had to forcibly shut down my PS4 Pro by holding down the power button because it did not properly power cycle the console after the update.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Silly mandatory update, just booted up Remote Play while waiting for lessons to start just to be greeted with an update required when I wanted to run a random game.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
After this update, my PS4 hangs when putting it in standby... Doesn't happen every time but still annoying.