• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
No one is getting Fortnite for PvE, atleast throw in a Battle Pass or something.
You don't see value in the bundle I get that but it still will sell out all units they made because there is actually around $50 value on the bundle for a lot of gamers.

If you want a PS4 and you know you will play Fortnite then why not get this bundle? It is a win-win situation.

The "I hope all your friends have the same game system as you" bundle.
Better it is the "I can play with over 120 million users on PC, Mobile and PS4" bundle... that is over 95%.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
So what makes a person a "traditional gaming enthusiast?" And why does playing Fortnite invalidate that?
Probably the fact that they spend money on games and game platforms, rather than just playing whatever game happens to be in front of them, through a multiplatform game engine and free to play monetization schemes.

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
You don't see value in the bundle I get that but it still will sell out all units they made because there is actually around $50 value on the bundle for a lot of gamers.

If you want a PS4 and you know you will play Fortnite then why not get this bundle? It is a win-win situation.
I said it will sell millions. Just having the art on the box is huge. I'm just saying it's not the best value

Casual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably the fact that they spend money on games and game platforms, rather than just playing whatever game happens to be in front of them, through a multiplatform game engine and free to play monetization schemes.

You realize a lot of people that play Fortnite also spend money on games and game platforms, right?

Casual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I think that was the entire point of my question.

Word.

Well, not sure what you'e not seeing but Fortnite is the exact type of game that lots of "enthusiasts" do play. Well tuned, frequently updated shooter with arguably the best implementation of one of the newer and most refreshing shooter modes in quite a while. Can be played in short bursts or long sessions. dynamic matches, etc.

Pretty self explanatory really.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Word.

Well, not sure what you'e not seeing but Fortnite is the exact type of game that lots of "enthusiasts" do play. Well tuned, frequently updated shooter with arguably the best implementation of one of the newer and most refreshing shooter modes in quite a while. Can be played in short bursts or long sessions. dynamic matches, etc.

Pretty self explanatory really.
Put it better than I ever could. Thanks.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder when Sony will actually officially announce this.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My initial reaction to this is...
what's the point of a console-exclusive skin if you can't show off your PS4 pride/loyalty to the other console's players lol

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Those saying it's not a good deal, think about it:

Save the World still cost money right now. I keep seeing $40 posted.
You earn V Bucks in Save the World.
Battle Pass cost 900 V Bucks.

Sony/Epic is giving you 500 V Bucks.

Earn an additional 500 and you got your battle pass, where you earn even more V Bucks.

All for the price of a PS4. And it's F2P which doesn't need Plus.

How is this not a good deal?

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
i don't like normal Fortnite, but i've been waiting for the co-op Save The World mode to go free.

i hope i don't have to wait much longer now.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
What the f? Looks like Sony has +70 million monthly active users and they are not giving a damn about the competition lol

Nov 1, 2017
Seems strange to me, the idea of selling a "bundle" based around a game that's not only free but also free on like, every device ever. If someone wants Fortnite enough to buy a PS4 I'd imagine that same person already has the game on PC or Mobile or some other device.

That all being said, I'm sure this bundle will fly off the shelves. Smart move by Sony, just awkward timing.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Those saying it's not a good deal, think about it:

Save the World still cost money right now. I keep seeing $40 posted.
You earn V Bucks in Save the World.
Battle Pass cost 900 V Bucks.

Sony/Epic is giving you 500 V Bucks.

Earn an additional 500 and you got your battle pass, where you earn even more V Bucks.

All for the price of a PS4. And it's F2P which doesn't need Plus.

How is this not a good deal?
Correct me if i am wrong, but i don't think it's possible to earn 500VP that's easily, i think every season you will get 200VP, so you have to wait for 2 seasons, right?

But if you have the battle pass you can get 1500VP in the end of the season.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if i am wrong, but i don't think it's possible to earn 500VP that's easily, i think every season you will get 200VP, so you have to wait for 2 seasons, right?

Yeah, I'm talking about with the battle pass.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
wow gonna be crazy.

PS4 will be the best selling console in NPD until December imo

edit:
oh wait Pokemon in November.

hmm

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Nov and Dec sales in US are hard to predict. MS always pushes for extreme discounts.
yea, there's gonna be some crazy black Friday deals. (hopefully PS4 gets cheap since I plan on getting on then lol).

I doubt the Switch will be bundled or discounted that heavily yet. While the others might.

so Dec is Switch for sure imo.
Nov is dependent on how aggressive everyone else is vs Pokemon pretty much..

but every other month is ps4 I think.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not sure what you mean.

If you earn 500 v bucks in save the world (takes maybe 2 hours at most, I've done it) you can then get the battle pass.

And the rewards from the battle pass if you save up the v bucks you can easily get another 1000 from there to get next seasons pass.

I haven't paid a dime for fortnite and I've gotten the last two seasons battle pass as well as multiple emotes from left over v bucks. Friend of mine bought the most expensive version of save the world and he gifted me a copy of the game.

Anas

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's a great timing
This bundle has no chance in the holiday season against SM, BFV, BO4, FIFA19

martson2

Dec 18, 2017

That's wrong. If you play a few save the world mission you start to get vbucks dropping like candy. Even just doing your daily mission gives between 50-100 v bucks depending on mission and overall progress. Thats 350 vbucks a week, you also get 100 vbucks for pretty much the first mission done. The collection book throws a lot of bucks your way and if you log in daily there are a lot of VB rewards there as well. It's actually pretty hard not to get vbucks when you first start playing the game and if you save them all up you will never need to purchase the battle pass with real money to be honest.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Save the world drops vbucks at an astonishing rate. Prepare to see lots of ps4 save the world players AFKing missions for vbucks, which is already an issue, but is gonna be way worse when it's bundled.

I've played maybe 10 hours of save the world and easily earned 4-5000 vbucks.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
That's wrong. If you play a few save the world mission you start to get vbucks dropping like candy. Even just doing your daily mission gives between 50-100 v bucks depending on mission and overall progress. Thats 350 vbucks a week, you also get 100 vbucks for pretty much the first mission done. The collection book throws a lot of bucks your way and if you log in daily there are a lot of VB rewards there as well. It's actually pretty hard not to get vbucks when you first start playing the game and if you save them all up you will never need to purchase the battle pass with real money to be honest.
Oh, thanks for the info, i only played the free version on PC.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Save the world is loot boxes heavy so I wonder how they plan on working around that when people finally play it and see how much fun it is? I spent a good $100 in there. Certain characters and perk rolls are just better than other.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Save the world is loot boxes heavy so I wonder how they plan on working around that when people finally play it and see how much fun it is? I spent a good $100 in there. Certain characters and perk rolls are just better than other.

Yeah it's very much based around lootbox purchases. You get a bunch with the early access buy-in but it's definitely suggested that you buy more v-bucks for more lootboxes. I guess the game is gonna be F2P. I feel like they've found a superior monetisation model in the BR mode but I don't suppose something like the Battle Pass would work so well in a PvE mode. I dunno.

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
fortnite-royale-bomber-italia-facebook-gaming-v-buckes.jpg

https://www.dexerto.com/fortnite/fo...ndle-leaked-with-exclusive-royale-bomber-skin

Protect my children if old
Ok so while this thread isn't about crossplay/crossprogression, one thing I can say definitively is that Sony will have a hard time selling a lot of these bundles with crossprogression being blocked on an account basis.

It's absolutely tone deaf for Sony and Epic to push this right now. A few weeks ago though it would've been a great bundle push since kids are all about Fortnite right now

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You just know that this bundle will sell tons. Imagine 8fmsony does a black Friday 199 frotnite bundle