• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

PS4 Fortnite Bundle on July 16th, includes Save The World mode, exclusive skin, 500 VBucks (Read OP)

Oct 27, 2017
Wow a whole 500 vbucks!! Should have been something like 5000 since there isn’t any real loss. Sony could really change the narrative with a bundle and cross play announcement.

I don’t see why they don’t just offer exclusive skins on PS4

Oct 26, 2017
Wow a whole 500 vbucks!! Should have been something like 5000 since there isn’t any real loss. Sony could really change the narrative with a bundle and cross play announcement.

But then you won’t have people who have no interest in a ps4 buying a ps4 for just a skin. Brilliant.

ghostcrew

Spooky
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Wasn't Save The World supposed to go F2P in the Summer?
I don't know about summer but, yes, the Save the World mode is also F2P. Fortnite (meaning the whole game - Save the World and BR) is F2P. They've just been charging for access to Save the World while it's been in early access.

In the same way that they're charging for access to Paladins on Switch at the moment (it's F2P), charged for early access to UT and charged for beta access to Smite on Xbox (also F2P).

Jan 7, 2018

why cross play? when this good news is about bundles

Oct 27, 2017
But then you won’t have people who have no interest in a ps4 buying a ps4 for just a skin. Brilliant.
5000 vbucks wouldn’t entice you?? I mean if your buying a system and you get the game and 5000 vbucks from Sony you might get the PS4 instead of another system right?

BronsonLee

Don't worry I'm on the case
Oct 24, 2017
Worth pointing out that this is likely Sony's answer to Fortnite selling a boatload of used consoles across the board this year

Oct 27, 2017
I expect this, FIFA and RDR 2 bundles to fly off the shelves later this year.
It's a pretty decent bundle considering save the world is included.

I'd advise you to read the mod edit on page 1.
Too late. My fault for coming in the thread later on, clicking on the last page and not going to the first page first. Things happen so fast.

Oct 26, 2017
5000 vbucks wouldn’t entice you?? I mean if your buying a system and you get the game and 5000 vbucks from Sony you might get the PS4 instead of another system right?
The exclusive skin will sell for more. Expect scalpers to go hard on this bundle.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at people not seeing the value of a bundle with an exclusive skin for a game that players spend an unholy amount of money towards skins.

This thing is going to be so hot shelves will be smoking.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
HW spike inbound...

I want them to cave of cross-play but have to acknowledge this will likely downplay the situation for them nicely if it’s a success which I expect it to be.

Cunning buggers.

Oct 28, 2017
Would have been cool if Sony added a Fortnite character to the ps4 console itself but either way great marketing. The colorful box alone promoting Fortnite will sell tons.

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I know it's just in Italy, but as been said, what awkward timing lmao. Them again this bundle, as all skus go, was most likely put in place months ago

I dont understand why bundle $5 in Vbucks and a skin. Why not $20-30+ in Vbucks? Or the equivalent of a packed in game in Vbucks? Fortnite is free.

Oct 30, 2017
Is there going to be a warning now from Sony on the box that you cannot use your Epic Fortnite account on Xbox and Switch, or will that be in the fine print inside within the manual?
about as likely as MS making it clear you have to pay to play a free to play game. so no. they probably won't be doing that.

Fortnite Save the World (the co-op horde mode) currently costs to access the Early Access but is F2P too. Goes F2P at launch whenever that is.
ah, that makes more sense then and adds more value to the bundle at least.

Nov 2, 2017
I know it's just in Italy, but as been said, what awkward timing lmao. Them again this bundle, as all skus go, was most likely put in place months ago

I dont understand why bundle $5 in Vbucks and a skin. Why not $20-30+ in Vbucks? Or the equivalent of a packed in game in Vbucks? Fortnite is free.
Title literally says STW is included which isn’t free.

Oct 26, 2017

Read the OP, it includes more than that.

Oct 26, 2017
It’s definitely going to be available everywhere, when there’s enough stock.

BR mode is free, not save the world.

Oct 25, 2017
I think there should be some sort of warning that the bundle will not allow users to take full advantage of the game’s crossplay feature and that any epic accounts made and used on will be locked to it.

I’m sure it will sell boatloads though.