• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure, however it would be smart of Sony to advertise that you can play online for free with no separate subscription.

That would just muddy the waters even more. Someone buys this bundle thinks hey this is great I get to play Fortnite for free then goes on to buy another game like GT Sport and is hit with must need PSN Plus to play online? Besides isn't it just free to play only on the Battle Royale mode or is the whole game?

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
If that bundle and skin is italy exclusive... holy moly... I better buy one just in case...

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
That would just muddy the waters even more. Someone buys this bundle thinks hey this is great I get to play Fortnite for free then goes on to buy another game like GT Sport and is hit with must need PSN Plus to play online? Besides isn't it just free to play only on the Battle Royale mode or is the whole game?
Sony doesn't require PS+ for F2P games, so once it hits F2P.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is this the universe doing some sick joke on Sony? this is incredible hahahaha

*the bundle will still fly!

May 22, 2018
I don't know if it's still available, but when Fortnite launched on PS4, there was boxed version with some kind of bonuses.
small_1639415621.jpg
I bought this day one on PS4. Even though I used the included code for Save the World, it still goes for a pretty penny on Ebay. Sealed copies go for a ridiculous price.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This bundle is gonna sell like hotcakes regardless of what this forum thinks about crossplay.

If ERA says crossplay is a big deal then in reality most people have never heard about crossplay.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I imagine there'll probably be bundles with the other consoles at some point, too. I doubt Sony has locked down "exclusive" bundle rights.

This is just smart business from all parties.

Oct 25, 2017
This makes me wonder one thing: if there are lots of players who both

- spent loads of cash ($100+) on Fortnite v-bucks
- do NOT have PS Plus

That would work as an argument against having a paywall to play online, as lots of paid games have microtransactions now and obviously Sony takes a 30% cut of everything on PS Store.

Oct 25, 2017
I think some of you are underestimating this. It doesn't matter if the game is free or not. Parents and kids will see this and want it. I'm assuming it'll be already preloaded thus taking out a major step in acquiring the game.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think some of you are underestimating this. It doesn't matter if the game is free or not. Parents and kids will see this and want it. I'm assuming it'll be already preloaded thus taking out a major step in acquiring the game.

I don't remember a PS4 or Xbox bundle that has come with preloaded games before. Do you? Maybe I've missed one. These are normally super cheap, easy bundles for platform holders because the can take a console off the shelf and chuck it in a branded box with a code printed on some cardboard.

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
I was thinking when they are going to bundle this, it's gonna sell a ton, and you don't need any subscription to play the game. Smart move, Sony.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For people saying 500 V-bucks is a small amount, yeah it is a pretty small amount to start with, but with Save The World included the amount of V-bucks you can get over time is fairly substantial. You can get 500 V-bucks just for taking your collection book in that mode up to level 6 which doesn't take long at all (and so at that point youd have at least 1,000 V-bucks with the included 500 which is enough for a Battle Pass).

There's also daily missions in Save The World that give you 50 V-bucks each if you complete them. Which again isn't much but it adds up. Then there's Storm Shield defense missions where you can fairly easily get another $8 or so worth of V-bucks relatively quickly.

And finally there's the Daily Login bonus which is sometimes V-bucks. The best part about this is that you dont even actually have to play StW to get it. You literally just log into it daily, and eventually that adds up as well. By day 105 of logging in (so about 3.5 months) you'll have earned $20 in V-bucks just from the daily rewards.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
MS is trying to capitalize on it to make it look like a bigger deal than it is. Basic marketing stuff, take a competitor weakness, make it seem like a deal breaker. It's used in politics all the time.
Absolutely. Sony did the same with drm back in 2013. I mean I don't think they kept going on about it as much as this like and they didn't make an actual advert iirc but similar type of thing

Ghostwriter74

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine there'll probably be bundles with the other consoles at some point, too. I doubt Sony has locked down "exclusive" bundle rights.

This is just smart business from all parties.

Why not exclusive? Maybe Sony and Epic have a Marketing Deal like MS with EA for Battlefield V? That would also explain why Epic does not give a statement on account blocking.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bundle has some bad timing, but I'm sure it'll sell well regardless. Isn't that only half the V-bucks required for a Battle Pass though? Seems weird and cheap that they don't provide enough for that.