• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow a whole 500 vbucks!! Should have been something like 5000 since there isn't any real loss. Sony could really change the narrative with a bundle and cross play announcement.

I don't see why they don't just offer exclusive skins on PS4

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Wow a whole 500 vbucks!! Should have been something like 5000 since there isn't any real loss. Sony could really change the narrative with a bundle and cross play announcement.

I don't see why they don't just offer exclusive skins on PS4
But then you won't have people who have no interest in a ps4 buying a ps4 for just a skin. Brilliant.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't Save The World supposed to go F2P in the Summer?

I don't know about summer but, yes, the Save the World mode is also F2P. Fortnite (meaning the whole game - Save the World and BR) is F2P. They've just been charging for access to Save the World while it's been in early access.

In the same way that they're charging for access to Paladins on Switch at the moment (it's F2P), charged for early access to UT and charged for beta access to Smite on Xbox (also F2P).

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Worth pointing out that this is likely Sony's answer to Fortnite selling a boatload of used consoles across the board this year

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I expect this, FIFA and RDR 2 bundles to fly off the shelves later this year.
It's a pretty decent bundle considering save the world is included.

I'd advise you to read the mod edit on page 1.

Too late. My fault for coming in the thread later on, clicking on the last page and not going to the first page first. Things happen so fast.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at people not seeing the value of a bundle with an exclusive skin for a game that players spend an unholy amount of money towards skins.

This thing is going to be so hot shelves will be smoking.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Very smart move. MS have been bundling PUBG with Xbox One's so this makes a lot of sense.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Could be a part of a deal to open up cross-play in the future. Helps to sell some PS4's while Epic would have their cross-play/progression wishes.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Sony will destroy the direct competition for the rest of the year and probably beyond that, right?

Crossplay or not...

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I didn't realize they were still making 500GB PS4s. Did they cheap out on storage space to offset $5 worth of VBucks?

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Friend of mine has a gaming store and was telling me the other day about the staggering number of parents that come in to buy Fortnite BR for their kids. This will sell like crazy to these people.

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
HW spike inbound...

I want them to cave of cross-play but have to acknowledge this will likely downplay the situation for them nicely if it's a success which I expect it to be.

Cunning buggers.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Would have been cool if Sony added a Fortnite character to the ps4 console itself but either way great marketing. The colorful box alone promoting Fortnite will sell tons.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I know it's just in Italy, but as been said, what awkward timing lmao. Them again this bundle, as all skus go, was most likely put in place months ago

I dont understand why bundle $5 in Vbucks and a skin. Why not $20-30+ in Vbucks? Or the equivalent of a packed in game in Vbucks? Fortnite is free.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is there going to be a warning now from Sony on the box that you cannot use your Epic Fortnite account on Xbox and Switch, or will that be in the fine print inside within the manual?

about as likely as MS making it clear you have to pay to play a free to play game. so no. they probably won't be doing that.

Fortnite Save the World (the co-op horde mode) currently costs to access the Early Access but is F2P too. Goes F2P at launch whenever that is.

ah, that makes more sense then and adds more value to the bundle at least.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I know it's just in Italy, but as been said, what awkward timing lmao. Them again this bundle, as all skus go, was most likely put in place months ago

I dont understand why bundle $5 in Vbucks and a skin. Why not $20-30+ in Vbucks? Or the equivalent of a packed in game in Vbucks? Fortnite is free.
Title literally says STW is included which isn't free.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017

Read the OP, it includes more than that.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think there should be some sort of warning that the bundle will not allow users to take full advantage of the game's crossplay feature and that any epic accounts made and used on will be locked to it.

I'm sure it will sell boatloads though.