• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
Nice move I guess, many will be tricked not knowing that the "gaming phenomenon" is free to play.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so while this thread isn't about crossplay/crossprogression, one thing I can say definitively is that Sony will have a hard time selling a lot of these bundles with crossprogression being blocked on an account basis.

It's absolutely tone deaf for Sony and Epic to push this right now. A few weeks ago though it would've been a great bundle push since kids are all about Fortnite right now
No they wont.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why but I'm cracking up at "includes exclusive skin AND"
like oh shoot what could it be? What is it?!
"500 vbucks, dont spend it all in one place"

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite has reached Minecraft status of random people not even into games talking about it.

Bundle is gonna sell.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Fortnite has reached Minecraft status of random people not even into games talking about it.

I work in the music industry. I went to a showcase festival last month (basically new artists playing to crowds that are 75% labels, managers and agents) and one of the hot new artists played a song about Fortnite. It's definitely crossed over!

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Ignoring Modpost - Do not discuss crossplay drama in this thread.
The "I hope all your friends have the same game system as you" bundle.
You mean I hope you are looking forward to playing EXACTLY LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN PLAYING SHOOTERS FOR YEARS WITH FELLOW PLAYSTATION AND PC PLAYERS.
Oh, and do you think the new Black Ops will be bringing in Nintendo players? NO BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT EVEN HAVE THE GAME. You will be playing with Xbox players and PC players just like Xbox players have been doing for years.
For fuck sake you people need to give it the up and just stop making yourselves sound like jackasses with your salty little tantrums.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
smart bundle will sell a shitload and producing great results in comment sections lol

win win except for those with friends not in blue.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
You mean I hope you are looking forward to playing EXACTLY LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN PLAYING SHOOTERS FOR YEARS WITH FELLOW PLAYSTATION AND PC PLAYERS.
Oh, and do you think the new Black Ops will be bringing in Nintendo players? NO BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT EVEN HAVE THE GAME. You will be playing with Xbox players and PC players just like Xbox players have been doing for years.

For fuck sake you people need to give it the up and just stop making yourselves sound like jackasses with your salty little tantrums.

LMAO

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC

Accusing people of having a "salty little tantrum" while having a salty little tantrum. Classy.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Accusing people of having a "salty little tantrum" while having a salty little tantrum. Classy.
Not having a tantrum at all, just trying to make things readable because it seems that many seem to have an issue with evading facts and reality and since I really should't change colors or go with the geocities flashing text codes caps is the only answer

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Ok so while this thread isn't about crossplay/crossprogression, one thing I can say definitively is that Sony will have a hard time selling a lot of these bundles with crossprogression being blocked on an account basis.

It's absolutely tone deaf for Sony and Epic to push this right now. A few weeks ago though it would've been a great bundle push since kids are all about Fortnite right now

Oh my god you're joking. You honestly think this is true?

How out of touch do you have to be to believe this?

If anything blocking crossplay will convince more people to pick this up, as most of their friends are already playing Fortnite on their PS4s.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amen. Some people on this site don't even know what they're complaining about anymore.

Posting the truth isn't having a tantrum though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 32563

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
The kiddos will be buzzing for this.

Should have had a Fortnite PS4 controller as well.

Yeesh at those couple first pages...

I know Sony is tripping with the cross play stuff but many the recent threads and posts are essentially...

1332010233162_9638490.png

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Speaking of being tone deaf.

Ludens

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
User Banned (2 Weeks): Console warring, long history of similar behaviour.
So much salt in this thread lmao. I bet if Xbone had this bundle you lot would be singing a different tone.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
"soon" was supposed to be early this year. Still no ETA in sight so until then it's still a 40 dollar game.

It's a $40 buy-in to the early access phase of a F2P game. I think it's going a bit far to call it a $40 game. I say this as someone who gladly bough into the EA of Fortnite STW day one.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this comes to the states and sticks around till November I wouldn't be surprised if it's the best selling ps4 bundle even above the Spider-Man bundle.

Which has nothing to do with this thread. Funny how Hex got warned and the poster he was replying to got nothing.

The majority of this thread is still about crossplay dispite the mod warning on the first page. Honestly there's not much else to talk about regarding this Sony and Fortnite.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
When I was a kid I would play a hell of these F2P games. Parents don't buy everything that is available all the time, they normally require good grades/behavior to gift you a new game. That is why these games would be really nice, and that is why I think this kind of bundle can do a very good job selling Ps4's. Everyone everywhere talks about fortnite, same thing with PUBG last year. So basically, I can't see how this is a bad time,well, just if you think that only exist players with multiple consoles.