• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017

Posted by John Kodera President and Global CEO
Following a comprehensive evaluation process, SIE has identified a path toward supporting cross-platform features for select third party content. We recognize that PS4 players have been eagerly awaiting an update, and we appreciate the community's continued patience as we have navigated through this issue to find a solution.

The first step will be an open beta beginning today for Fortnite that will allow for cross platform gameplay, progression and commerce across PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Mac operating systems. We see the beta as an opportunity to conduct thorough testing that ensures cross-platform play is best on PlayStation, while being mindful about the user experience from both a technical and social perspective.
Finally.

Mod Edit:

For players who created an extra account to play Fortnite on multiple console platforms, we're working on two things:

1) An account-merging feature to combine Battle Royale purchases, coming in November.

2) Enabling unlinking a console from one Fortnite account, and relinking to another Fortnite account. Coming in a few days

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
might want to put PS4 in the title there... lol

on topic: huge news

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn. This is amazing. Kudos to Sony.

I was expecting/hoping for cross-platform progression, but for them to go all in and actually allow cross-platform play? Incredible. I really, really hope this sets a precedence for things to come.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Happy for this but sad at the same time. Sad that this didn't happen with Rocket League first.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
What??
Sony backed down?

Edit: What about Rocket League? The devs have been asking for cross play for years! Well before Fortnite.

Last edited:

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Wait wait wait whaaaa?!

IT IS HAPPENING? Am I reading it right?!

The first step will be an open beta beginning today for Fortnite that will allow for cross platform gameplay, progression and commerce across PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Mac operating systems. We see the beta as an opportunity to conduct thorough testing that ensures cross-platform play is best on PlayStation, while being mindful about the user experience from both a technical and social perspective.

For 24 years, we have strived to deliver the best gaming experience to our fans by providing a uniquely PlayStation perspective. Today, the communities around some games have evolved to the point where cross-platform experiences add significant value to players. In recognition of this, we have completed a thorough analysis of the business mechanics required to ensure that the PlayStation experience for our users remains intact today, and in the future, as we look to open up the platform.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Commerce? That's one step more than I expected? So I can now spend the V bucks I bought on PSN when I play the game on PC?

Nov 18, 2017
Great. Should not have taken this long.

Now... what happens to people who have two accounts on each ecosystem?

No way to consolidate, Epic?

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for someone from Sony to do an interview contradicting all the lackluster excuses they gave in the past and try to spin it as themselves being the heroes.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
We won. I dont care abut Fortnite but im excited for the future with different titles

Ahmedz

Nov 27, 2017
THIS IS EXCELLENT!

God please tell me that'll also mean the account locking bullshit will go away.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
"Following a comprehensive evaluation process, SIE has identified a path toward supporting cross-platform features for select third party content."

See, complaining works.
I just hope they'll open it more and more. And not only because Fortnite is big.

Gale Moran

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
"We see the beta as an opportunity to conduct thorough testing that ensures cross-platform play is best on PlayStation"

They can't help themselves. lmao. Anyway, it says select third parties, so I assume that they figured that Fortnite was too popular to be stubborn about it.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While this is definitely big news, will they finally stop holding our Fortnite accounts hostage?

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly I didn't see this coming. I am surprised.

I hope this means all the 3rd party games have cross online as I'm not into Fortnite.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They refer to other titles as well so I wonder what they'll be and what the process will be going forward.