• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if EPIC will have some type of combine accounts system, I know a few people got fucked by Sony being dicks and just made a new EPIC account instead.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally. It's about time we stopped getting bs excuses. It would have been a shame if ps4 gamers missed out on future cross plat titles

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly surprised it took them so long to accept that Fortnite money. Hopefully this means unlocking Epic accounts and Minecraft and Rocket League are next.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
"it makes business sense"
"sony needs to please the shareholders, not you"
"ps4 gamers don't care, this is all whining from other platforms"
"it's not gonna happen and i'm fine with it, i want my walled garden"

those old crossplay threads will be a treasure trove for embarassing posts
Don't forget the worst most obnoxious stealth console warrior posts
"Playstation is number one right now, so they shouldn't lower themselves to other competitors"

Some of those defender posts were fucking embarrassing.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
I'm eating crow on that. It wasn't affecting their sales so I wonder what finally pushed them over.

Whilst it wasn't notably affecting console sales, I can imagine it was actually having an affected on where people with multiple devices were opting to play the game. There's also the fact that Fortnite wasn't the first and likely wouldn't be the last big game to cause a scene about the lack of crossplay. There was Rocket League and then Minecraft before it. The Switch taking off the way it did likely just made the stance not worth upholding anymore.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that this means third party publishers for upcoming titles are knocking on Sony's door to support this. Being able to play stuff like Anthem, Division 2, and Red Dead online with friends on other platforms would be the bees knees.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Good news for consumers, personally I couldnt care less about this feature, but at least people will stop crying about it now!

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's for the better. Let them test account migration and cross progress first and almost server migration. Not that there is an error and everyone including mobile and switch is playing against PC users and stuff. It makes sense.

I thought it was a "switch" they could turn on and off

Also, the floodgates are open. Fortnite doesnt need this as much as so many other MP games begging for a bigger community

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The amount of anger in here is surprising to me seeing as it's what everyone wanted. Who cares if they're late -- they still actually gave you exactly what you were asking for.

Unbelievable.

They dragged their feet and released multiple PR statements basically telling us to go fuck ourselves, and now that they've taken a step in the right direction we should give them full credit? Nah.

They gotta earn that back.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I dream about a future where I can play all of my online games together with my friends no matter the device. Today we made a very small yet important step forward to fulfilling that dream.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was a pure PR battle, with Microsoft knowing they gain something if Sony caves. I wasn't sure they would, but they must have realized the negative PR wasn't worthy it at some point.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I care more about cross-progression. Would be so cool to play Diablo 3 on PC and then resume where I left off on console.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
The amount of anger in here is surprising to me seeing as it's what everyone wanted. Who cares if they're late -- they still actually gave you exactly what you were asking for.

Unbelievable.

Yes, i'm seeing people actually angry that sony caved in.

It's unbelievable indeed.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So... is a Fortnite account on PS4 still locked to it then? Or does allowing crossplay unlock it for use on the other machines? Or is it another game I'm thinking of that has the locked account?

Either way, this is fantastic news. The reaction must've been immense to get Sony to budge on their stance.

Edit: Reread the statement, no more lock, excellent!

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
You already got it right? Need free blowjob too?
gKNPa2.jpg

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think this has to do with update 6.0? Backend changes on PSN?

I cant imagine why theyd cave when they could have continued being dicks and ignored it

This is such a feel good moment

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo, does that mean the dream of "play on PS4 Pro in the living room, play on the Switch for off-TV-play" is going to happen?

Shitty that it took that long. Great that it finally happened.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
They dragged their feet and released multiple PR statements basically telling us to go fuck ourselves, and now that they've taken a step in the right direction we should give them full credit? Nah.

They gotta earn that back.
Nah man we gotta praise them for doing something there competitors allowed from the start.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And there it is. WE DID IT!! All of our complaining paid off! They listened! We can make a differnce! Woo! Exciting times!!!

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
THIS IS EXCELLENT!

God please tell me that'll also mean the account locking bullshit will go away.

"The first step will be an open beta beginning today for Fortnite that will allow for cross platform gameplay, progression and commerce across PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Mac operating systems."

Looks like it!