• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to buy this is a legitimate 180 on their position until we see more games actually get cross play besides Fortnite. It's the biggest game of the moment, Sony would be stupid to leave money on the table by making their version worse. For smaller games where there's less benefit to them versus the player base? I'm not sure.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes

Keep up the pressure. This should be up to the developers on EVERY SINGLE GAME

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just my opinion, bit I'd be weary about linking your accounts until they leave beta... if that article posted earlier in this thread that leaked all of this informationon crossplay months ago is correct (obviously it is) then that means Sony is only using the "beta" to test the waters, which means they still have the back pocket option to renege on this, potentially going back on it if it proves to not be a profitable move.

I'm going to test the cross play for sure, but no way am I going to use my second account I had to make while Sony is pussyfooting around.

I mean, anything is possible. But there's no way I can see them going back on it once implemented. The backlash would be 10x worse. The cat is out of the bag at this point.

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
Finally. Sony's stance on cross-play was so ass backwards. Glad they finally woke up and realized how forward thinking this is.

L Corleone

Oct 27, 2017
Sony are quickly realising that Xbox has become the better platform.
**Edit for clarification; In the sense of Microsofts xbox policies, so crossplay, backwards compatability etc.

This is great news with next-gen just round the corner.

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

That's pretty good.
So? A) You tend to get save the world in these bundles, which is not free, B) You get vbucks and a skin, yeah the game is free but that doesn't mean you shouldn't offer a bundle with shit for it when it's the biggest game in the world. Kids playing on mobile that want to upgrade for christmas want the bundles. It's pretty simple. Now all 3 systems have one. Now you can crossplay. So kids can get whichever one they want or their parents want, that's excellent.

Kayant

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that it was Epic/Fortnite that pushed them over not Psyonix(I guess account locking + Fortnite creating much more noise finally that pushed them) like with MS and Rocket League.
This being a overall policy change is great and will probably lead to a major publisher supporting cross-play in the near future.

I fully don't expect them to carve so soon given we haven't had much recent talk about it.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
It actually works! Me and my friend are playing right now! She got a pop up warning that I was from another platform, but she just accepted it and was able to join my party!

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Just my opinion, but I'd be weary about linking your accounts until they leave beta... if that article posted earlier in this thread that leaked all of this informationon crossplay months ago is correct (obviously it is) then that means Sony is only using the "beta" to test the waters, which means they still have the back pocket option to renege on this, potentially going back on it if it proves to not be a profitable move. What happens to your account if they change their mind?

I'm going to test the cross play for sure, but no way am I going to use my second account I had to make while Sony is pussyfooting around. That's playing with fire.
Although better safe than sorry so not going to say risk it. I think it's too late now that they've allowed it, it was always a once it happens, there's no going back type of thing. Probably why they were so defiant at first.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, anything is possible. But there's no way I can see them going back on it once implemented. The backlash would be 10x worse. The cat is out of the bag at this point.

That's why I felt it was so important that this finally happened. If cross progression specifically becomes a norm, you can't back out without affecting players already in the ecosystem which will see a much larger backlash.

The kind of stuff I was seeing in crossplay threads about MS and Sony playing a hypothetical hot potato of always being a dick regarding this was completely unrealistic.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These cowards tarnishing the good name of Playstation with those SMELLY XBOX PLAYERS

#NoLongerTheBestPlaceToPlay

Fucking finally. Now we wont get those crappy PR statements that are just non-answers about crossplay. Hopefully this actually does expand to other games.

PockyWitch

Oct 27, 2017
Cross-progression is live!!!
I'm logged into my main account on switch now and everything's there, my PC VBucks, my Skins (except for the PS Plus skin lol) etc!

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yesss. Been waiting for this for a while. Never thought I'd see the day that they'd bring down the wall. I'm glad they finally did this!

Soon, I hope I have more people to play MHW with!

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get the hype for cross play with other platforms but cool for those that need it.

So long as I can switch it off, preferably by default, then I'm not fussed.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
IT WORKS! My hostage account just logged into Switch!!!

So happy!!!

Unfortunately I'm still getting the "Your account can not play on this platform" message :(

Hopefully it'll work for me soon!

EDIT: No joke, I tried to log-in, got the error message. Typed this post, and then tried to log in again, and IT WORKED!! Cross Progression here we come!

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I expected Cross Play to happen but with the PS5 as a big "Hey guess what we're also doing at launch of our next gen console?". That said I can see this as much as a pro consumer move after all the ruckus from people as much as one to undercut the PR boost it gives Nintendo and MS so they have one less thing to boast about.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017

Once it leaves beta, definitely.

Until that though? I'm just tossing it out there to help avoid potential frustration if they change their mind before the "beta" ends. We all know there is nothing Sony had to do on their end to enable crossplay outside of giving the word, so the beta is indeed Sony showing up to a pool party with a business suit on, they're monitoring the money, not doing it strictly for the goodness of it. We'll know in December if they're actually jumping in.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I cannot figure out what the hell my Xbox Live account is linked to with Epic. I've managed to link all other platforms now but my Xbox account says it is linked to something - I have no idea what lol. I want to unlink and get it attached to the rest of my beautiful children!!!!
You can sign into EPIC's site with you Xbox details, might just be it's own EPIC account.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really happy this finally happened but bummed I either have to give up my season 2/3 stuff or my season 4/5 stuff. I really wish there was a way to merge the 2 accounts.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I think I know the answer to this but if I can now log into the Switch version using the same account as my PS4 one could my son and I play on different platforms with each other using the same account? Also, would they both have all the skins etc that he's spent money on?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I am logged into my PS4 epic account on my Xbox One with no problem. Scared to unlink my Switch account yet to tie it to the PS4 one.

Fuck Yeah, it works. Everything is there on Xbox, my whole progression and bought content. Minus the Sony exclusive skins, but, that makes sense of course.

FDAhXMk.png

2ijBlBA.png