• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Like it does it repeatedly for about a good 3 minutes and it just now stopped. What's the problem? The WiFi was never lost. Any way to fix this?

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
My PS3 started doing this. And eventually started dying. I opened it up and there was a lot of dust. I cleaned it and it fixed it.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
This has started happening to me as well! Doesn't happen often but I'm all ears if someone has a solution. If that means cleaning the dust, what's the best way of doing that?

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
This has started happening to me as well! Doesn't happen often but I'm all ears if someone has a solution. If that means cleaning the dust, what's the best way of doing that?
It's really easy to open up a PS4. I recommend taking off the shell and using some compressed air to blow out the dust. It's also not a bad idea to re-apply some thermal paste which is a little more involved process but again, not very difficult. Plenty of tutorials on youtube.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
How does one clean the dust?
No need to be snarky or a dick for no reason, man. But that's cool, you do you. For anyone who wants to give a serious answer, I wanted to know what the best way is to clean the dust that may have fallen inside and needs to be sucked out. Wondering if there's a mini vacuum or something like that I could use.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I think its been answered. Is it worth investing in an air duster?

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No need to be snarky or a dick for no reason, man. But that's cool, you do you. For anyone who wants to give a serious answer, I wanted to know what the best way is to clean the dust that may have fallen inside and needs to be sucked out. Wondering if there's a mini vacuum or something like that I could use.

Thanks in advance.
I wasn't being snarky. I was genuinely asking.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, got you. Sorry, I misread your question as some kind of sarcasm. My apologies. :)

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio

Thanks in advance.
I think they were just asking fam.

Also, it's been said not to hold the can upside down, which is true, but I would add that it's also best to spray in short burst instead of a long, constant stream.

Jan 10, 2019
It's happened to me once upon a time... As I remember I replaced the router cables (connected them to different ports or even use the new ones) and the problem has gone immediately

Oct 27, 2017
My friend occasionally gets the LAN disconnected message over ethernet. Net's fine, but it drops him completely for a few seconds. He says it's a heating issue, as whenever it happens there's a ridiculous amount of heat blowing out of the back.

WarrenD

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My ps3 used to do the same. Turns out it was interference from my wireless headphones.

Oct 27, 2017
My friend occasionally gets the LAN disconnected message over ethernet. Net's fine, but it drops him completely for a few seconds. He says it's a heating issue, as whenever it happens there's a ridiculous amount of heat blowing out of the back.

The used to happen to me too. I changed the ethernet cable to a decent quality one that fits into the port more snuggly, and it stopped happening. My theory is that the heat causes the ethernet port to expand slightly, and causes the connection to the ethernet cable to be broken for long enough to drop the connection.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Mine does this with ethernet/LAN every time I turn it on for the past several months despite the fact it isn't actually disconnecting at all, I completely ignore it now.