• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

if Sony don't change, will you change?

• No

Votes: 3,385 73.0%
  • yes

Votes: 1,253 27.0%

• Total voters

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Did you read the other comment I quoted in that response. It's literally exactly what I said:

Yes. And it literally isn't what you said.

You said:
Not surprised at the poll though.

There's people who will never switch no matter what. Sony could increase PS+ cost to $200/year and they still wouldn't switch.

They said:
My PS4 is mainly for its awesome single player 1st party titles... TLOU, Bloodborne, ICO, etc.... I have a gaming PC for multiplats

so no, I honestly dont care

I am subscribed to PS+ and Gold yet most of my time is spent on single player games. If these services increased to anywhere near £200 I would cancel them in a heartbeat.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Judging by the comments in this thread, it's not far off. "I don't play online, so I don't care."

Increasing PS+ price wouldn't have any affect on those people either, because they don't play online, so they wouldn't care.
I play online, don't care about cross-play as it's not a big deal. It doesn't even come close to something that would make me not want a platform.

If Sony try and pull the shit MS did at the start of this gen they'd be binned just as fast. If they don't have no PS4 BC they'll be getting skipped for a long time. If they have Jim Ryan go up on a stage and say "fuck Cross-Play and kiss my arse, we aren't doing it" I still wouldn't care.

I do hope the account shit can be resolved tough, as that's actually something that's worth caring about.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I am subscribed to PS+ and Gold yet most of my time is spent on single player games. If these services increased to anywhere near £200 I would cancel them in a heartbeat.

Same, I subscribe for the monthly games and rebates, never play MP.
And I buy it in bulk on sales so it comes down to like €3 a month.
If it went to €200 I'd cancel too but still play my games but for now I have paid for the next three years I think :)

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
I see a poll has been added. A nice Era suggestion would be to put a Poll icon somewhere like the Sticky icon so peeps immediately recognize a Poll is there or has been added.

Laconik

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The group that brought me Xenogears and the glory days of JRPG's and Socom gets a lot of leeway. If Nintendo was doing this, we wouldn't even have threads on this.

Sony should get as much rope as Nintendo if not more.

Ludens

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
There's lots of things that aren't as important as the internet makes it seem. Doesn't mean we should just roll over and accept it when it's clearly anti-consumer.
Nah i dont see it as anti-consumer like some of you. But clearly you lot are trying very hard to push it in that direction. Its more in the vain of 'i want this feature because reasons' otherwise you are anti consumer like what!?

Having to pay 60$ for GOLD to play a Free 2 Play game thats anti-consumer as it gets.

But hey thats my opinion anyways.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Poll is exactly the reason they'll never change. Most people don't care beyond forum warrioring.

It sucks at the end of the day, but it's the truth. Life revolves around money.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Same, I subscribe for the monthly games and rebates, never play MP.
And I buy it in bulk on sales so it comes down to like €3 a month.
If it went to €200 I'd cancel too but still play my games but for now I have paid for the next three years I think :)

Yeah I'm set till fall 2019, I think. The small increase in price last year was already troublesome so I'm not sure why some in here think gamers will support everything Sony regardless. It's false equivalence, nothing more.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
this poll would've been even more brutal if it was there since the start of the thread.

ain't nobody got time to be abandoning games/franchises you care about and want to play because of something as unimportant as crossplay.

in fact, when it comes to gaming, crossplay has to be at the very bottom of my consideration, right below "can this controller repel dorito dust?"

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
No, only buy 1st party stuff or games with major exclusives (destiny) on PS4 anyways. Xbox one x is my 3rd party home now so as long as they stay cool I'm good.

Nov 3, 2017
Mid tier Japanese games are still essentially PS exclusives. Until we come to a point where I can safely assume stuff like Grand Kingdom, God Wars and Super Robot Wars will make it to Xbox, I'm going to be buying PS no matter what their stance in crossplay, or most other issues

Rajang

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Sony not allowing crossplay is fucking pathetic, but that's not what I buy a console for.

If PS5 has exclusives I want to play, I'm buying it.

Ludens

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Yeah I'm set till fall 2019, I think. The small increase in price last year was already troublesome so I'm not sure why some in here think gamers will support everything Sony regardless. It's false equivalence, nothing more.
Yeah look at the start of PS3 era. Its hyperbole to say that we will support Sony at any cost. This cross-play is making some people go bananas.

Its not as important as some are making it. The damn issue with led light eating up the batteries is 1000x more important. Fix your shit Sony ffs.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I only have a PS4 for the exclusives. Everything else is One X or PC.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony not allowing crossplay is fucking pathetic, but that's not what I buy a console for.

If PS5 has exclusives I want to play, I'm buying it.

It's a little weird that the poll choices are so incredibly binary and the first post doesn't really come close to capturing the current situation with Sony and peoples Epic accounts.

• If every other platform offered cross platform play/cross platform progression/cross platform purchases with one another but excluded one, would you play those titles on the solitary platform?
  • If it was known that using a third party account on a platform would prevent that account from use on all other competing platforms would you knowingly link that account to a single platform?
  • If a platform holder had a history of locking third party accounts to their platform would you continue to purchase third party titles for that platform?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Speculative nonsense.
Basically, lol.

That's a wee bit different than no cross play.

And seeing as how this thread is mainly because of Fortnite, increasing PS Plus wouldn't matter, lol.

Maybe the better analogy would be if F2P games were suddenly locked behind plus. Then you would get the folks on XBO response, I pay for Gold anyway so.....

It's a little weird that the poll choices are so incredibly binary and the first post doesn't really come close to capturing the current situation with Sony and peoples Epic accounts.

If every other platform offered cross platform play/cross platform progression/cross platform purchases with one another but excluded one, would you play those titles on the solitary platform?
If it was known that using a third party account on a platform would prevent that account from use on all other competing platforms would you knowingly link that account to a single platform?
If a platform holder had a history of locking third party accounts to their platform would you continue to purchase third party titles for that platform?

Thank you.

The last one, not sure...lol the first 2 I would probably get it on another platform.

It would justify why I try to get more than one platform.

The monkey wrench with Fortnite is you don't need Plus on PS4.

I really think that might be their line in the sand on this. Doesn't make sense when they cross play with mobile and PC but hey, lol.

Last edited:

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Yeah look at the start of PS3 era. Its hyperbole to say that we will support Sony at any cost. This cross-play is making some people go bananas.

Yup, I grew up with Sega and Sony and even I thought the PS3 launch was a disaster. I understood the reason behind it's rediculous price but wasn't ready to support PlayStation just yet.

Its not as important as some are making it. The damn issue with led light eating up the batteries is 1000x more important. Fix your shit Sony ffs.

Yup, or make a smaller and quieter version of the Pro.

Last edited:

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

• If every other platform offered cross platform play/cross platform progression/cross platform purchases with one another but excluded one, would you play those titles on the solitary platform?
  • If it was known that using a third party account on a platform would prevent that account from use on all other competing platforms would you knowingly link that account to a single platform?
  • If a platform holder had a history of locking third party accounts to their platform would you continue to purchase third party titles for that platform?
I like that it's binary to be honest.

There are some crazy people in the other cross play threads that seriously think people are going to stop buying Sony's console next gen just because of this. So it will hopefully be an eye opener for most of the people in those threads.

Oct 25, 2017

My answer to all of your questions is, "as long as it's my primary platform then yes"
Sony's policy still sucks, but I'm not going to abandon my most played platform just to play with people who own other consoles. That's like bottom tier for my gaming priorities.

wig

Oct 27, 2017
Cross platform play isn't a big deal to me, so that's not a deciding factor for me. The deciding factor for me next gen will be price + power.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Basically, lol.

That's a wee bit different than no cross play.

Yup, lol.

And seeing as how this thread is mainly because of Fortnite, increasing PS Plus wouldn't matter, lol.

Maybe the better analogy would be if F2P games were suddenly locked behind plus. Then you would get the folks on XBO response, I pay for Gold anyway so.....

True. To be fair, I would like to see Sony reimburse or unlock affected accounts.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting how many people fail to realize this has little to do with Sony, and more to do with whoever is ahead.

Remember Portal 2? The game that allowed Steam players to play with PS3, but MS blocked with Xbox Live?
you are right, but crossplay has never been as hot of a topic as it is now in the 8th generation

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
this poll would've been even more brutal if it was there since the start of the thread.

ain't nobody got time to be abandoning games/franchises you care about and want to play because of something as unimportant as crossplay.

in fact, when it comes to gaming, crossplay has to be at the very bottom of my consideration, right below "can this controller repel dorito dust?"

Right.

I think folks do care but the question is basically asking, "Hey, are you going to skip the next God of War/Last of Us/Gran Turismo/Horizon/Ghost of Tsushima because you can't play Fortnite with Xbox fans?" Ermm, no? Who the hell is going to say yes to that proposition?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Totally insignificant to me. Everyone I know plays multiplatform/multiplayer games on PS4 without exception. They conquered that space this gen. Even all the 360 bros I knew jumped ship.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017

Dorito dust repellent it's a very serious issue ok. It is much higher on the list than crossplay

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. Because Sony will probably still have a great first party line up compared to other competitors.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
I understand people's frustrations with Sony's policies, I've certainly been in that boat with them before. However, my feelings as to how they've been handling things isn't that negative as of now and I doubt that will change in the future. People's accounts should definitely not be locked to PlayStation if they decide to play there, but the whole crossplay debate means very little to me honestly at the moment.

Beesly

Dec 12, 2017
I'll be switching for the most part, yes. Ideally, I'll be doing third-party stuff on my PC now instead of Playstation. I'll still grab the first parties, though. I just have no desire to support Playstation right now.