• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks fellas I guess the choice is clear. I was always leaning towards X1X but reading the internet always makes it seem like doom and gloom for Xbox lol.

Yeah they're still getting burned for 2013 despite all the gains they've made. MS's infrastructure is fantastic for Xbox Live, its controller is better, and most games will look better (especially ones without specific enhanced patches, like smaller 3rd party games).

Plus PUBG is much better on the X than the normal console. I assume you have both an Xbox One and a PS4 already, but if you've played that at all I think you'll find the X version very enjoyable in comparison.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
If it's to make the most of a 4K HDR TV then the X offers both higher resolution games for the most part AND has a UHD 4K Blu Ray player.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
You have to consider and prioritize: technology, social and other games.

If you want the best technology, such as graphics and performance than Xbox One X.

Otherwise, weigh the importance of where your friends are playing. Lastly, the overall catalog of games or experiences available.

Honestly, the catalog means a lot. As a PC guys, I'd love to have the latest and greatest, but if it doesn't have the games I want to play, or I can play them elsewhere, then it makes the choice easier.

For me, it comes down to 3 things, and in order:

1. Library/overall dev support (play the games you want to play)
2. Where your friends play
3. Hardware

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I go with XBX with multiplatform. I have to go with the more powerful console

Dee Bill

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I have both the Pro and recently the Xbox One X and i would definitely say Xbox One X. It's just a better package in everyway. Also most games look better on X than the Pro and yes you can see the difference.

Gears 4, Assassins Creed Origins, Titanfall 2, Halo 5 look crazy good on X.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This might sound weird, but I'd consider the noise of the Pro a genuine knock against it. Maybe not enough to full-on dissuade me from buying it, but it's a real thing. I've never in my life noticed how loud a console is as frequently as the Pro.

Otherwise, I own a Pro and not a One X. The Pro is dine, I'm glad I have it, but I honestly have a tough time truly recommending it to people. for 80% of games, the benefits are pretty minimal.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
I have both. The xbox 1x feels line a premium product. Like an apple product almost.

In comparison the ps4 pro feels cheap and rushed to be honest.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
As a pro owner, if you're specifically looking for multiplats, go with the X. It's an amazing piece of hardware and I'm contemplating getting one when I pay some stuff down

Hetz

Oct 27, 2017
As an owner of both, there is no contest. X1X is the way to go. Its honestly a no brainer for multiplatform games.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Third party games? Always the strongest platform you can afford, if you can afford more then one.

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
The way I see it is the PS4 is a lot closer in specs to the Pro, games are going to be 1080p most the time on base hardware compared to 900 or less on Xbox One.

Where as the leap from One to X is massive. I think the upgrade is a lot more worth it as it also gives graphics effects to non patched games and backwards compatible games.

Oct 30, 2017
You're not into any of the exclusives? Tell me then, what exactly is it that you play? Like right now? What systems? What games? And what are you planning to play?

I refuse to believe that anyone can look at either consoles' line-up (but especially the PS4 line-up) and shrug.

If it's third party games the 1X is the obvious choice but if I could only own one of either system I'd gladly take the graphical hit to have the PS4 exclusives. That's me though. I'm trying to understand you, OP.

hawkeyye

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
This might sound weird, but I'd consider the noise of the Pro a genuine knock against it. Maybe not enough to full-on dissuade me from buying it, but it's a real thing. I've never in my life noticed how loud a console is as frequently as the Pro.

Otherwise, I own a Pro and not a One X. The Pro is dine, I'm glad I have it, but I honestly have a tough time truly recommending it to people. for 80% of games, the benefits are pretty minimal.

Exactly how I feel. I have a pro but not an X. I really wanted to just be done with the Pro but due to the noise, which is awful, I can't stop thinking of switching to the X. Once the price comes down a notch I think I will probably get one. The noise on the pro is so bad that I bought a $100 pair of headphones just to see if I could block it out and enjoy the Pro. Nope. Can still hear it when there are pauses in the sound or music, in the back ground I can hear the super jet powered blow dryer working away.....

I really wish I had just kept my slim. Was quiet and the graphical upgrades have been minimal.

OP
OP
valentine

valentine

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
You're not into any of the exclusives? Tell me then, what exactly is it that you play? Like right now? What systems? What games? And what are you planning to play?

I refuse to believe that anyone can look at either consoles' line-up (but especially the PS4 line-up) and shrug.

If it's third party games the 1X is the obvious choice but if I could only own one of either system I'd gladly take the graphical hit to have the PS4 exclusives. That's me though. I'm trying to understand you, OP.
I'm originally a PC Gamer at heart all the way back to CS 7.1 Beta days. I've decided to go more casual so I'm into games like COD, Destiny and Rocket League.

Oct 28, 2017
have both,people here love to hyperexagerate the differences,played battlefront 2,assasins creed,mordor,etc barely noticed differences on a lot of them,noticed better textures on mordor and thats all,if you are getting a mp game go where your friends are,if not get the one with the better price on both stores,and if the difference is notable,get the x version

Oct 30, 2017
I'm originally a PC Gamer at heart all the way back to CS 7.1 Beta days. I've decided to go more casual so I'm into games like COD, Destiny and Rocket League.

So it's multiplayer games. Fair enough then. Comes down to friends. If it's really as simple as a coin toss between your friends on either system, I'd definitely get the 1X. Controller is a huge decider and Xbox Live imo is just better. There are more than enough random players on either system (especially in huge games like those three) so I don't see the bigger on PS4 as important.

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't care about exclusive at all but the Xbox One X. That is weird though considering exclusives are some of the best games this generation.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm considering either purchasing a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X to compliment my 4K HDR TV and was wondering which you guys find best for strictly multiplatform titles? My friends for the most part are spread out equally on the two consoles, so that's not really a deciding factor.

For Xbox I do obviously like the higher specs and the Xbox controller. When considering the PS4 I do like knowing I'm playing on the console which is most popular, due to more players available for online gaming.

I'm torn between the two and again I'm not into exclusives for either system. Thanks!
To be honest, I'm not sure how you can say to be torn between the two when your post seems to indicate a specific platform preference.

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you even consider the Pro for multiplats only? No, really... my brain is melting here!

Of course you want the X.

Last edited:

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I was permantly on Xbox for multiplats before the X once I had the Elite controller. Everyone pushes for Ps but I never thought the variance between the OG Xbox One and PS4 was enough of a deal breaker or maker and still don't after owning the X and Pro. They both look good. They both have HDR. Both will pop on a 4K screen.

Go with the system that has the UI, controller and overall ecosystem you like most. For me that's Xbox but I know many in here have differing opinions. P's in this gen have been one of the most all time over-rated things in all my years of gaming.

God of War will look insane on a great 4K TV btw.

Deleted member 1062

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was permantly on Xbox for multiplats before the X once I had the Elite controller. Everyone pushes for Ps but I never thought the variance between the OG Xbox One and PS4 was enough of a deal breaker or maker and still don't after owning the X and Pro. They both look good. They both have HDR. Both will pop on a 4K screen.

Go with the system that has the UI, controller and overall ecosystem you like most. For me that's Xbox but I know many in here have differing opinions. P's in this gen have been one of the most all time over-rated things in all my years of gaming.

God of War will look insane on a great 4K TV btw.
this is one of the best posts I've seen on this forum

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loading time are not better compared the pro. Except for the unpatched games.
Yes they generally are, im using Witcher 3 & GTA5 as an example.

GTA5 initial load:
Xbox X: 51sec : PS4 Pro 1.31 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B_I33t8XiY

Fallout 4 : New Game from menu screen
Xbox X: 29 sec : PS4 Pro 42sec - https://youtu.be/aAarjxc9Zsg?t=89 (continuing game give 20 sec advantage to Xbox X)

I also noticed ( and heard) Witcher 3 loads times are better. Up to 20 second faster when loading from menu screen to Novigrad.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Thanks fellas I guess the choice is clear. I was always leaning towards X1X but reading the internet always makes it seem like doom and gloom for Xbox lol.

I think you'll be pleased. One thing that's not always mentioned, but it can be quite important in everyday usage is the fact that Xbox One X is always a very quiet console (a bit louder when reading something from a Blu-ray disc), whereas with PS4 Pro it's more of a gamble.

OP
OP
valentine

valentine

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Thanks the replies. I'll be picking one up today. I do want to get an elite controller as well but I may hold out for V2.

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
How on the level is that ebay sale? Never bought a new console off ebay, but the user history seems legit...

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
My Xbox One is quieter (by a lot unless a disc is installing) and interacts more seamlessly with my TV than my Pro, but all my friends are on PSN. Depends.

Xkramz

Oct 28, 2017
xb1x will almost always be best for multiplats, but exclusives are where both it and the pro really sing - don't expect 3rd parties to go to anything like the same lengths.

this I simply cannot fathom... I mean, the depth and breadth of titles over both systems is vast, to not be interested in a single exclusive seems bizarre.

Uh I'm not into exclusives on either system either. It's not rare for someone to feel that way

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
If strictly multi-plat, then you may as well get the One X. Try on Craigslist, I got a two day old model for $130 off.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I'm considering either purchasing a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X to compliment my 4K HDR TV and was wondering which you guys find best for strictly multiplatform titles? My friends for the most part are spread out equally on the two consoles, so that's not really a deciding factor.

For Xbox I do obviously like the higher specs and the Xbox controller. When considering the PS4 I do like knowing I'm playing on the console which is most popular, due to more players available for online gaming.

I'm torn between the two and again I'm not into exclusives for either system. Thanks!

XBOX ONE X

You...dont honestly think there is some kind of shortage of online players on Xbox, do you?

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I have both, I mean the X is going to be better for most multi plats, and yet I still seem to get them all on my Pro but my weirdness aside the X is what you want.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
xbx also supports 4K blu ray, so it's a more logical choice if your focus is 4K and not sony exclusives.

Deleted member 26104

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If all you care about is playing multiplatform games then it's simple - Xbox One X. It's a far more powerful console, and will play 99.9% of multiplatform games better than the PS4 pro.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Super easy choixe. Xbox one X is the go to console for multiplats.
More powerful, better controller and better network.