• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

piccio_ssl

Oct 25, 2017
http://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2017/171207.html

SAN MATEO, Calif., December 7, 2017 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced new sales milestones for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system, PlayStation®VR (PS VR) virtual reality system, and PS4 and PS VR games.

• PS4 has cumulatively sold through more than 70.6M units to consumers worldwide as of December 3, 2017*1.
  • More than 617.8 million copies*2 of PS4 games have been sold at retail stores globally and through digital downloads on PlayStation®Store as of December 3, 2017.
  • Based on strong momentum of PS4, PS VR cumulatively sold through more than 2M units to consumers worldwide as of December 3, 2017*1.
  • 150 titles have been released for PS VR*3, achieving more than 12.2 million copies sold at retail stores globally and through digital downloads on PlayStation Store as of December 3, 2017.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy. It still feels early days for new this gen for some reason. What number does it have to hit to be top seller all time?

Oct 27, 2017
It will hit 100M easy, probably by the end of 2019. Depending on ps5 of course and when it's announced.

Crazy to think ppl thought console gaming was going to die in 2012-13

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
I am a true believer in VR as a viable platform for new gaming experiences because of the PSVR. I hope it gets more support and more games. I hope other companies take note and consider making their own in the future to drive competition, lowers cost, and inspires innovation.

This is actually one of the major positive lights in the gaming landscape.

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to see the PSVR numbers doing well. VR is a new tech, not mainstream in any sense, and especially at the price of 300+ Dollars/Euros, it's a tough sale.

I guess the word of mouth, or rather, "trying is believing" is paying off.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Well deserved. Hoping to jump onto VR with a Skyrim bundle this holiday myself.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
PSVR Software ratio is about 6:1? That is quite impressive. I know I'll keep buying games (Skyrim and hopefully Fallout)

EPaul

Oct 30, 2017
Excellent numbers almost reached PS3 lifetime sales in nearly half the time

Griz

Oct 31, 2017
Lancaster PA
It will hit 100M easy, probably by the end of 2019. Depending on ps5 of course and when it's announced.

Crazy to think ppl thought console gaming was going to die in 2012-13

For some reason people think PC gaming and Mobile gaming markets increasing means the Console market must be shrinking. Maybe gaming is just increasing in general? PC gaming is also increasing exponentially in markets like China and South Korea who never had a console market like Japan, EU, US. US, EU, and Japan are buying their consoles just as much as before. The only shift in consoles was Japan moving towards handheld consoles. But PS4 just had its biggest year in Japan without MH World released yet.

PS4 looks to beat last gen, Switch can match Wii if it keeps gaining steam. MS probably wont hit 80 million on Xbox one, but not every gen is a hit.

The PS4 selling for $200 was a great entry price to gaming.

TRN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Moon
Sony always on point.

Let's get it!

Sony and the fam takeover in store Now!

(Song puff daddy: victory is playing in background)

Last edited: