• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
goddamm at those spidey numbers - 9 Mio in less than 3 Months (Christmas not even included)
10 Mio should be a lock by now

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
So how's it tracking? Down YOY? Come on, some one tell me how good these sales are!

Lifetime, I'm thinking 120 million.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Spidey !

I really think it is paving the way for other successful adaptation (Avengers, Harry Potter ...)

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
6jZmVW0.gif

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Just absurd numbers for Spiderman. Holy shit.

So PS4 will probably be getting close to 120M when it gets replaced in the end of 2020. Not too shabby.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this Insomniac's highest selling game?

Given their long standing relationship, Sony should buy them if possible imo. When I think of playstation brand, I am reminded of Insomniac.

Pabz

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't doubt they try like hell to get a Spider-Man sequel ready for launch day on PS5

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
They'll break 1 billion games sold EASILY. That is absolutely insane.

So how's it tracking? Down YOY? Come on, some one tell me how good these sales are!

120 is a lock. PS4 Pro extended the platform life cycle significantly. They would hit 120m if they were hitting downward trajectory in 2018, which they didn't.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I mentioned I could see Spidey easily reaching 15 millions copies, glad to see the title is performing so well.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Spider Man doing monster numbers. Exceeded my expectations.

PS4 sales are just something else. It could pass PS2 numbers depending on how Sony plays this.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
How does this compare to past sales updates? (If no one does it I'll eventually look that up for myself)

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Very impressive on both fronts. I didn't not expect spiderman to be so good, and so popular.
Sony (mostly) played the PS4 generation perfectly. Good word of mouth early on, then consistent waves of quality exclusives later in the gen.
Quite a comeback from the PS3 and vita.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I'd say 100 million is a lock now almost regardless of when the PS5 launches.
Since I don't think they will stop selling the PS4 when the PS5 launches it could probably reach 120m when all is said and done.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
My personal GOTY getting the sales it deserves, nuff said

Also PS4 is a beast

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Congrats to Spidey !

I really think it is paving the way for other successful adaptation (Avengers, Harry Potter ...)

I think the consoles have reached a point where they can represent these franchises in a similar fashion to the movies. I think we'll see more breakouts like this in the coming years (maybe not as big as Spidey but still big).

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

It would be incredible if they managed to sell another 30 million with the PS5 on the horizon and likely BC.

Wow second best year in its 5th year is pretty crazy

That 2018 first party lineup goes a long way! It was a fantastic year for PS. Excited to see what they intend on launching the PS5 with.