• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone is wondering what boosted the 360 sales in April....GTAIV released in April 2008.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Breaking all times record in the hardware front in its 5th year on the market... Jesus Christ PS4 is a BEASTTT.

Also, God of War. That was probably one of the main factors.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought this warranted its own thread.

Bonus: DS4 is now the best selling gamepad (in dollar sales) EVER!

Man, I remember the tone and the doom and gloom around the viability of dedicated console gaming before the PS4 came out. Ever since its launch, however, that narrative has quickly lost its ground.

With the PS4's present record setting success, when do you think is the ideal time for Sony to reveal and launch the PS5? Should they savor this moment or ride on it to next gen? Will the potential harm done to PS4's current tragectory be appreciable?

----
Edit: Forgot to add "console hardware" in the title.
Where is the source? I want to share the full article with friends.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
"Exclusives don't sell consoles, only multiplats like CoD and Fifa do"

Lol, I was debunking this myth like a week ago here.

Dude was like "nah, exclusives only sell to the same small hardcore audience"

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great to see hardware numbers recovering. How much of the downturn in console sales was because of the economy? Those Xbox 360 sales are from a decade ago, around the height of the Great Recession. Did it just take for time for the recession to effect console gaming? Mixing in the rise of smartphones and tablets with less disposable income might have also contributed to the decline.

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
That's kind of a weird title, it didn't really break a record, like it was already impressive idk why people can't just say since 2009 it was the best April

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
The DualShock (black) has been the cheapest of the bunch at $45 normally. The other special color pads have been around $65. Store exclusives like the clear red at Best Buy was on clearance after the holidays.
... it ain't nothing like a brand new DS4 tho. I luv em.

Exclusives sells systems y'all, I'm not surprised GOW helped the PS4 break records. We got Detroit and Dark Souls this Friday, then a few months to breathe until Spidey hits.

#WellFed

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
HighlevelBlackAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Sony always delivers with its exclusives. Quality and quantity. Well deserved. I'm curious about how Detroit: BH will do if reviews are good (90+).

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I can´t believe people thought console gaming was dying a gen ago! The PS4 is an amazing device with a wealthy amount of diverse kinds of games to appeal to every kind of gamer. Well deserved, Sony!

danGlokta

Nov 1, 2017
There are... For the gamepad sales.

I guess I didn't want to sound too negative or something so I added that.

Well the gamepad data is just a bonus and it does say this about the gamepad "now the all-time best-selling Gamepad in dollar sales" so does the percentage really matter if it's still the best selling one?

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Great to see hardware numbers recovering. How much of the downturn in console sales was because of the economy? Those Xbox 360 sales are from a decade ago, around the height of the Great Recession. Did it just take for time for the recession to effect console gaming? Mixing in the rise of smartphones and tablets with less disposable income might have also contributed to the decline.
I'm sure it was effected a lot and sells now are being helped by a strong economy.

DontRaff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS4 going BEASTMODE in its 5th year is damn impressive. Congrats to Sony and GoW on great hardware and software throughout this generation.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that exclusives don't matter.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine what those numbers are going to look like when Spider-Man drops. BOI.