• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that would be why I can't remote into my PS4. It's probably waiting for me to install the stability update.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
9a91.gif

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
They haven't used stability in a while, we should be posting gifs related to performance.

Anyway, no one knows what this update really did or add?

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Did anyone else get an error message and had to reboot and reinstall in safe mode? I had a panic attack, but it was ok in the end.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
This shit doesn't update on my PS4 because my BD drive stopped working. I play games normally (downloaded), do everything, but before installing it checks the hardware (probably) and refuses to do it. Nice, thanks Sony. Now I can't even use Youtube on my device (Netflix works at least). What a joke.

It's error su-42118-6, plenty of people have it and Sony doesn't care.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
There was a new gif recently of a new game that was perfect for this tread. Don't remember was very recent.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
This shit doesn't update on my PS4 because my BD drive stopped working. I play games normally (downloaded), do everything, but before installing it checks the hardware (probably) and refuses to do it. Nice, thanks Sony. Now I can't even use Youtube on my device (Netflix works at least). What a joke.

It's error su-42118-6, plenty of people have it and Sony doesn't care.

Did you check the BD cable is connected correctly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz3qqES4ijg

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Did you check the BD cable is connected correctly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz3qqES4ijg
Yeah, I opened my console 3 times already and the problem persists. Will try one last time, there is a strange noise of the BD lens/laser moving up and down (as if it would be trying to focus), so maybe that is the "real problem".

I'm considering buying a new BD drive but I cant be sure if it will be enough to fix it. Fixing it with Sony costs 150, but it is sad to pay that much to fix something that isnt really broken - all my games are digital, I dont care that my BD drive doesnt work properly if games run fine...

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
First update that didn't properly returned back on.
I had to unplug it, and good thing it recovered with update installed

Spoonz

Oct 27, 2017
I turned on my PS4 after months and got this update, I was playing SF5 at the time from the disc.

Now I have horrible sound and my PS4 randomly shuts off. Games played from the disc also cause the system to power off.

Help :(