• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Got an email with invite to the latest PS4 beta. I have only a PS5 so can't test it myself unfortunately :(

You've been selected to help us test the System Software 8.50 Beta. Your participation in this Beta is extremely important to us and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

The System Software Beta will be licensed to you by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. and your use is subject to the Network Terms of Service, User Agreement and the System Software Beta Agreement. This Beta requires a clear understanding of the software's limitations disclosed before software installation. If you do not wish to accept these terms, please do not download and install the Beta software.

The Beta code below can be redeemed by up to 20 qualifying accounts, so share the code with friends who you know would be happy to take part (they must be over 18 years old to participate).

How to start:
Once you have redeemed your unique voucher code, you will receive a system notification on your PlayStation®4 console when the 8.50 Beta begins. Follow the prompts from the notification for access to the Beta System Software. Once you have followed these prompts, navigate to Settings > System Software Update > Version 8.50 Beta.
Performance has improved for System Software updates, so you do not have to restart your PlayStation®4 console after updating. The update will be automatically installed after being downloaded, as long as the following setting is active: Settings > System Auto Downloads > System Software Update Files.

How to help:
During the System Software Beta, please play a variety of games as much as possible to help us test the System Software with various titles and in different situations.

1. Provide feedback:
We would love to hear your feedback regarding the System Software Beta Version 8.50. Here are various ways for you to provide your feedback directly to the Development team.

2. Report crashes:
If you see an application or game crash during the Beta test, please send a crash report – this is a mandatory requirement for participation. When submitting a crash report, please be sure to include the following details in the comment section:

• What you were doing when the crash occurred (include the game/application name and specific operation).
• What scene you were playing – if a crash occurs while playing a game.

3. Report bugs:
Please provide detailed information on the bug you encountered and describe what you were doing when the bug occurred. Please submit your bug report via our Bug Report Tool.
Bug Report Tool.

Got this email with 20 invites for the PS4 Beta which I think should be available to PSN users outside EU too.

PM if you are interested and I will send you the code.

Crash report me if old.

Last edited:

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised they got rid of communities smh. The social features on early ps4 were better than what we have on Ps5. The social features on Ps5 are awful in general, but that's for another thread. Thanks for the heads up op!

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
If they're getting rid of communities hopefully they court Discord to the platform.

Also where's my PS5 OS beta?! I miss the What's new? page from PS4, along with other things.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
That's a shame about communities, I quite liked them when they first came out and even moderated on a fair few of them but they've absolutely died out over the last six months (and I'm on ps5 now, so I don't even think about them, really). A discord App would be nice for ps5.

I can't say I'm going to miss the amount of "gamergate" types in those communities, though. Good God there were a lot of Trumpist, anti-sjw types, especially in the RE communities I used.

Last edited:

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
OP did you inadvertently disclose what was in the email when said email says not to do so?

Confidentiality of the System Software Beta:
Please keep in mind that information regarding this System Software Update is confidential and by consenting to the System Software Beta Agreement, you agree not to disclose information regarding the technologies concerned.

Jurec84

Oct 27, 2017
I also got a EU code and have already moved to PS5. If anyone wants it, let me know!

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
Angry OP! lol I got this email to with an 8.50 beta for AUS if anyone wants it let me know I moved onto PS5 Pastures.

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Make an update to remove features. Very nice. Last time they did nuke many of the PS4 store features, now this. -_-.

OP
OP
Shoshi

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
OP did you inadvertently disclose what was in the email when said email says not to do so?
I was quite unsure about this too but it says share it with 20 people and these people must know the information provided in the email as i understand.

I think Sony means that the beta-tester should not hack the software or stream while using the beta. But I can be wrong.
"You agree not to disclose information regarding the technologies concerned."

Seb

Oct 25, 2017
Toulouse
I too moved to PS5 so here's a code available for 20 activations in the EU. Please report back with all the new features (lol).
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

disChapo

Oct 25, 2017
I no longer have a PS4 so here is my code:

Hidden content

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hidden content
US account, 20 activations. No more PS4 here either. Expires May 31st.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Someone mentioned Discord integration and I got excited only to find it was just a fun joke. Dang. Cause that'd be so awesome. I could actually grow my server quite a bit by including my PS friends.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I've been with Sony since like...ever. Just got my first voucher code. 3 months after i sold my PS4 and got a PS5, lmao.