• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will the first 'next gen' console arrive?

• H2 2019

Votes: 638 14.1%
  • H1 2020

Votes: 724 16.0%
  • H2 2020

Votes: 2,813 62.2%
  • H1 2021

Votes: 141 3.1%
  • H2 2021

Votes: 208 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 29, 2017
Well, they did that this gen and the games did the talking. 720 vs 1080 on so many third party titles it was a wash. There were a few outliers, but the 50% difference really did the math for them. PS4 was in all facets the better hardware for the money.

I don't think they'll go that route this time, besides with the streaming box. The hardware will be very close this time around, with the main differences possibly in Navi aspects and RAM between the two (I think one of them will opt for HBM). Xbox will likely come with a $499 price point again. I'm betting Sony ups their game to $499 as well to keep specs in line with the competition.

As far as differences, we know Sony has been working with AMD on Navi specific architecture, how far it goes is yet to be seen.

How funny it would be if they both 180, and Sony gives us the more expensive less powerful hardware and Xbox drops next gen launch price to $399. I mean, it won't happen, but what a hoot if it did. Fun times ahead.
If the rumors are true and Sony is working on Navi tech then we could very well see Sony getting some legitimate powerful hardware at the $499 price point with a GPU packing a decent punch for a very good price in exchange for their help with R&D or whatever their roll was working with AMD.
That would be something else is the roles were reversed it's exciting times to see what they both do in these next 12-18 months.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Why would you not need to buy games if you got a streaming option console? It is simply a cheaper entry level console and Microsoft hopes that they will have enough quality content to keep people who buy the cheap option coming back.

If they have 6 or 7 first and second party games out each year with the backlog of games that they already have from this generation and last generation that is something that could have people coming back for more. It is not a question of whether it is mainstream enough, it is a question of whether they have mature enough tech to ensure that the service is running smooth when they release the streaming console and XCloud across other devices.

You need the big hitter third party games if you really want it to make a dent.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
You need the big hitter third party games if you really want it to make a dent.
Why do people think that they need to have huge third party games on Game Pass to make a dent? The streaming option is a cheap option for people that may have a problem going the distance when it comes to purchasing an expensive console. You would still get Game Pass, and the option to purchase games on Game Pass and the option to purchase third party games that you would then stream.

It (streaming option and Xcloud) are simply a lower barrier on the hardware side similar to what Game Pass is trying to achieve on the software side. There are a lot of people who get a game or two each year and Microsoft is hoping that they can get these people with the range of options that they will have next generation. They are not only looking to sell consoles, more than that they are looking to sell a service on console, PC, phone and tablet. There is more money to be made on the service than there is in selling consoles, and that is what they are mainly focused on especially when it comes to content.

Edit: Also, Nintendo is selling a lot of console because they have the option for you to play games at home and on the move. Japan has seen console sales shrink with people now gaming more and more on mobile options. Microsoft is looking at things like these and they probably think that they can have something appealing that could make them a lot of money if they have the service done right. People who look at next generation business simply from a hardware focus point in Microsoft's case miss what they are really after.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I'm not sure Microsoft will be willing to be "second best" after last time.
I don't know how it's going to go or what Sony is planning, but MS has had to earn back a lot of goodwill and fans since their disastrous XB1 launch, I think the specs will at least be very close this time around.

MS is in a tough spot. While having a good start next generation is desirable, they did release the X recently so they can't rush. Sony also so far has been playing the game very well.

If I was MS I would wait. Their brand is strong enough to have survived the X1 generation, but if they release another weak console compared to Sony they will seriously damage their brand.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
MS is in a tough spot. While having a good start next generation is desirable, they did release the X recently so they can't rush. Sony also so far has been playing the game very well.

If I was MS I would wait. Their brand is strong enough to have survived the X1 generation, but if they release another weak console compared to Sony they will seriously damage their brand.

Let's call a spade a spade here. Outside of the English speaking world, Xbox brand is basically null. That's both from anecdotal having been there and raw sales figures

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018

Microsoft would rather sell 50 million consoles and have 100 million Game Pass subscribers than sell 100 million consoles and have 50 million Game Pass subscribers. People that look at only the hardware front are lost when it comes to seeing that they are more interested in the services than they are in selling hardware........hence the comment that they want Game Pass on every device.

Both Sony and Microsoft will have an idea of where it is they want their hardware to go, and it looks like they are both going to launch in 2020. There will not be much that can be done to change what is designed late in the day so it makes very little sense for them to delay what they have deemed a feasible launch window.

Let's call a spade a spade here. Outside of the English speaking world, Xbox brand is basically null. That's both from anecdotal having been there and raw sales figures
Everyone does the majority of their sales in the English speaking world. Biggest market in that is the US. Microsoft is not alone in that.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Yes, I'm sure 2019 will pass us by and there will be nothing of note announced in that time frame.

And Sony absolutely cancelled E3 because they have nothing to announce or show during the entirety of next year. Consoles are nearly dead by all means.

Believing that Sony cancelled E3 because of a lack of games is absolutely ridiculous, to say the least. They could have pulled off a MS 2018 E3 and presented nothing but 3rd party titles, in addition to a welcome update in regards to the main first party hitters, plus a couple of surprises and VR new software and they would have been good to go. No, if they decided not to participate, it was either because they believe that the venue is no longer necessary, on top of becoming inconvenient; or they have better plans that suit their agenda, especially in terms of introducing the next generation of platforms...

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
If you're looking at a $150 streaming stick where you still need to buy your games, how mainstream is that really? You can argue gamepass....but you're not getting read dead, GTA, assassin's Creed, cod etc day one on gamepass.

Yup.Market for streaming box for casuals where they have to buy games on top in order to stream them on the service they have to pay for simply doesn't exist.We'll find out soon i guess.

And not just day one,i can't see any of the big 4 publishers will give MS their AAA game for Gamepass.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
In addition to purchasing games, i am pretty sure MS will require a monthly subscription to play the games, they dont want you to be able to stream one game for years without paying extra because that means additional losses.
I can see them saying that if you own either xbox gold or gamepass you will get access to streaming option because they want to turn up a profit from constant revenue of streaming.

Deep Friar

Mar 17, 2018
Believing that Sony cancelled E3 because of a lack of games is absolutely ridiculous, to say the least. They could have pulled off a MS 2018 E3 and presented nothing but 3rd party titles, in addition to a welcome update in regards to the main first party hitters, plus a couple of surprises and VR new software and they would have been good to go. No, if they decided not to participate, it was either because they believe that the venue is no longer necessary, on top of becoming inconvenient; or they have better plans that suit their agenda, especially in terms of introducing the next generation of platforms...

He was being sarcastic....

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Yup.Market for streaming box for casuals where they have to buy games on top in order to stream them on the service they have to pay for simply doesn't exist.We'll find out soon i guess.

And not just day one,i can't see any of the big 4 publishers will give MS their AAA game for Gamepass.

The approach seems missguided, they have a streaming box to cut down on lag...the only people who care about lag would buy local hardware. They want to go full streaming on anything, so why not do it? You can't be a little bit pregnant or Google will eat their lunch

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am reading and feeling more people thinks it's plausible to see a 499$ console.

Are you all really gonna jump in with 499$ console if it's 4K 60fps ? Day one ?
or you might become Year 2-3 kinda guy ? (which is where I am)

Here PS4-Pro currently is at 555$, so US-499$ at launch will be just way too much at Year1

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
or Google will eat their lunch

Maybe i am too cynical but i have a feeling that Google's streaming service will "fall below expectations in complex market conditions" and Google will quietly shut it down year later or so,like they did with bunch of other services.

Unless Google start buying developers,like MS is doing now to fill its own service with content,or some big publisher,i simply don't see business model working for them.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
MS only controls one half of the equation, remember. I could see them being more willing to take a bigger loss, though Sony may have more bargaining power when it comes to buying their parts in bulk.

Even so, I think you're right that the specs will probably be pretty much the same, unless MS is really desperate and goes for a $600 BOM and $499 price.

If Phil's recent quote at the Barclays conference are to be taken as fact, the chip in the next Xbox will also be used in their servers to not only power cloud gaming but as a general compute resource for Azure. If accurate, it's possible orders for next gen Xbox SOCs will dwarf those for PS5.

Because the components have usability beyond a traditional console, there's a potential for the costs to be amortized/subsidized/offset (whatever the appropriate financial term is) due to integration with Azure and the hardware having multiple use cases for generating revenue.

The approach seems missguided, they have a streaming box to cut down on lag...the only people who care about lag would buy local hardware. They want to go full streaming on anything, so why not do it? You can't be a little bit pregnant or Google will eat their lunch

The streaming box is there to offer a high quality device which enables playing the latest games, at a low price. Efforts to cut down on lag are to the benefit of making a great gaming experience in order to push that device as a viable alternative to a $400/500 console for the casual crowd.

Of all the cloud streaming services that have been announced, I think xcloud has the most promising platform. Play all the games you already own, play the latest new games released. Buy games, or sub to Gamepass. Play on the devices you already own: PC, phone, tablet, (likely) xbox one, or purchase a $100 dedicated streaming box which has the interface and features of a traditional console, without the local processing power.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
I think xcloud has the most promising platform. Play all the games you already own, play the latest new games released

And how do you imagine this would work?Wanna play new CoD,Ass.Creed,FIFA,BF,GTA6 on xCloud?Well,you you'll have to buy them first and pay full $60 price.And even then i am highly skeptical big 4 publishers would allow that.For FIFA and BF,at least,you will have to subscribe to new EA Origin streaming service and they won't be on xCloud anyway.

MS in now buying studos left and right cause they know very well only games you will have on xCloud are those same on Game Pass-games that MS publishes and owns.Plus indie games and old titles from smaller 3rd party publishers.Similar situation like with Netflix and VOD streaming services.

Content is king and media companies do not give their crown jewels to others.

Last edited:

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
If Phil's recent quote at the Barclays conference are to be taken as fact, the chip in the next Xbox will also be used in their servers to not only power cloud gaming but as a general compute resource for Azure. If accurate, it's possible orders for next gen Xbox SOCs will dwarf those for PS5.

Because the components have usability beyond a traditional console, there's a potential for the costs to be amortized/subsidized/offset (whatever the appropriate financial term is) due to integration with Azure and the hardware having multiple use cases for generating revenue.

The streaming box is there to offer a high quality device which enables playing the latest games, at a low price. Efforts to cut down on lag are to the benefit of making a great gaming experience in order to push that device as a viable alternative to a $400/500 console for the casual crowd.

Of all the cloud streaming services that have been announced, I think xcloud has the most promising platform. Play all the games you already own, play the latest new games released. Buy games, or sub to Gamepass. Play on the devices you already own: PC, phone, tablet, (likely) xbox one, or purchase a $100 dedicated streaming box which has the interface and features of a traditional console, without the local processing power.

We've actually discussed this on this thread not long ago. But server chips and enthusiast gaming are fundamentally different. You could do it, but your comprising on things. The PS3 basically had a server chip in it. Is it really smart to have to compromise your local hardware in order to make it work as a server wholesale?

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
We've actually discussed this on this thread not long ago. But server chips and enthusiast gaming are fundamentally different. You could do it, but your comprising on things. The PS3 basically had a server chip in it. Is it really smart to have to compromise your local hardware in order to make it work as a server wholesale?
Those are not chips designed for servers but they are used in servers to deliver the streaming services for next-gen Xbox games. MS already uses current Xbox One chips to build the streaming capabilities for this generations games.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe i am too cynical but i have a feeling that Google's streaming service will "fall below expectations in complex market conditions" and Google will quietly shut it down year later or so,like they did with bunch of other services.

Unless Google start buying developers,like MS is doing now to fill its own service with content,or some big publisher,i simply don't see business model working for them.

Yeah... I know that Google's streaming attempts were a big news story, but their history is very spotty for this kind of stuff. I can't consider them to be a serious contender just yet.

And how do you imagine this would work?Wanna play new CoD,Ass.Creed,FIFA,BF,GTA6 on xCloud?Well,you you'll have to buy them first and pay full $60 price.And even then i am highly skeptical big 4 publishers would allow that.For FIFA and BF,at least,you will have to subscribe to new EA Origin streaming service and they won't be on xCloud anyway.

MS in now buying studos left and right cause they know very well only games you will have on xCloud are those same on Game Pass-games that MS publishes and owns.Plus indie games and old titles from smaller 3rd party publishers.Similar situation like with Netflix and VOD streaming services.

I'm both more and less skeptical about XCloud. I feel that the folks expecting it to become Netflix for every Xbox game (first and third party) are off their rockers.

I could definitely see streaming being an option for titles that you've purchased, but a subscription fee would likely only provide access to the Game Pass library. With that, I feel like they'd have some kind of new or existing subscription fee required to stream games you own. Maybe Xbox Live will cover it?

Last edited:

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

Keep in mind things like Project Stream and Microsoft's xCloud extend beyond games. While it's hitting games first and foremost, it's technology that can applied to enterprise services.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Those are not chips designed for servers but they are used in servers to deliver the streaming services for next-gen Xbox games. MS already uses current Xbox One chips to build the streaming capabilities for this generations games.

Phil especifically mentioned doing things beyond game streaming and entertainment, like machine learning (i.e. HPC workloads). Sure you could use console APUs for that, but that's not exactly the most efficient way of doing things.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Sony uses literal ps3s on racks for psnow. So either A) the chips are fundamentally "light" server chips because they have to do azure work (azure does far more than gaming, so that's a whole other thing). Or B) he has a fundamental missunderstanding when his tech team says they will be using Scarlett chips for streaming. Or he's just saying pr goblydegook and really it's going to be Scarlett's on a rack

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017

MS has talked about their goal that all Xbox One and Future games be available on xCloud. I absolutely expect that if you own a game digitally, that you'll have access to that game on xCloud. The MS Blogpost about xCloud even features a video casually mentioning RDR2. I think an advantage of xCloud is that it will likely have pay to play (standard digital game purchase) and subscribe to play (Gamepass) options - allowing devs and gamers to best choose what works for them.

Buying a game for $60, then having access to it on my Xbox Scarlett at home, then in the car on my phone through xCloud - sounds amazing.

I suggest you take a look at what nvidia is doing with Geforce Now, and the list of games playable on that service and how it works. Games from the supported list that you own on Steam are playable in the cloud via Geforce Now.

As a developer/publisher, why wouldn't you want your games more accessible? Allowing your game playable in more scenarios is a win. EA has talked publicly about building their own cloud platform, and I can see a scenario where they'd find it to be a conflict for their games also on xCloud. But for example Ubisoft has already partnered with Google on the Project Stream Beta and has lots of games on Geforce Now, why wouldn't they also partner with Xbox?

Content is king, and the more gamers playing your content, the more profitable you're likely to be.

I agree there's potential for compromises, but also for advantages as well. Most of the posts regarding this discussion viewed having a chip do double duty (server and xbox) as negative - replacing a component for gaming with a component for server usage. I think it's just as likely an "and" situation as it is an "or" situation. As I mentioned in my post, there's potential offsetting the cost of the hardware due to it's wider use case - this could allow for lower cost hardware or more power (expensive) hardware for the same price.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
I feel that the folks expecting it to become Netflix for every Xbox game (first and third party) are off their rockers.

And what is Netflix today anyway?Glut of junk with some mediocre tv show here and there.Any relatively new blockbuster you can think of is not on Netflix.No Game of Thrones,no Star Trek,and soon no Star Wars,Loki,Lord of the Rings tv shows either and those are things that will have big buzz around them.

So,yeah,i guess xCloud can be Netflix for gaming...sort of.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Phil especifically mentioned doing things beyond game streaming and entertainment, like machine learning (i.e. HPC workloads). Sure you could use console APUs for that, but that's not exactly the most efficient way of doing things.
I think the statement of Phil Spencer was too general to derive what specific silicon is used for what. Machine Learning workloads indeed need completely different silicon compared to offering a game streaming service based on actual or future console hardware.

Edit:
I want to add that Azure (the underlaying cloud infrastructure for xCloud) already uses different special silicon for different workload types.

Last edited:

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
And what is Netflix today anyway?Glut of junk with some mediocre tv show here and there.Any relatively new blockbuster you can think of is not on Netflix.No Game of Thrones,no Star Trek,and soon no Star Wars,Loki,Lord of the Rings tv shows either and those are things that will have big buzz around them.

Game Pass is what you're thinking of, not xCloud. xCloud is just the platform for streaming the games.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I guess I should say that any comparisons to Netflix are generally still looking at it in the past. Netflix really was "the" place to stream the majority of your content from varied sources at one time. As it stands today, XCloud could absolutely be the "Netflix" of game streaming based on their reliance on original content.

Another comparison that I believe we've discussed before is the idea that major third party publishers will likely want their own piece of the pie when it comes to subscriptions. EA Access is just one example, and I don't think it'll be too long before players like Activision and and Ubisoft come out with their own services on next-gen consoles. They have strong enough portfolios to justify splitting off on their own.

What I'm really hoping for is just the "Movies Anywhere" of digital games. Let me buy a game once and play it in as many places as possible. Pure streaming through subscription fees is a nice idea for titles you don't want to commit to, but not everyone is going to want that route.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE

I don't think you understand how popular Netflix's original series are.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
Content is king, and the more gamers playing your content, the more profitable you're likely to be.

If that is the case why are on PC big publishers pulling their games from Steam,cutting out the middleman,and moving them on their own launchers and platforms?Why Epic didn't put Fortnite on Google store on Android and instead used their own launcher?They would love to do that on iOS and consoles as well but they can't right now.

Content is king and what we see is silo-ization instead of syndication of content by media companies.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
New video from Jim. The key takeaway is that IO die are NOT for consumer products. We should expect a monolithic console APU.

Also interesting that Vega 7nm was planned but scrapped for consumers. That speaks pretty highly of Navi IMO.

It also provides a lot of explanation of the 7nm scaling factors (2x power efficiency at same clocks, or 1.25X at same power), since that's been a hot topic here.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
MS has talked about their goal that all Xbox One and Future games be available on xCloud. I absolutely expect that if you own a game digitally, that you'll have access to that game on xCloud. The MS Blogpost about xCloud even features a video casually mentioning RDR2. I think an advantage of xCloud is that it will likely have pay to play (standard digital game purchase) and subscribe to play (Gamepass) options - allowing devs and gamers to best choose what works for them.

Buying a game for $60, then having access to it on my Xbox Scarlett at home, then in the car on my phone through xCloud - sounds amazing.

I suggest you take a look at what nvidia is doing with Geforce Now, and the list of games playable on that service and how it works. Games from the supported list that you own on Steam are playable in the cloud via Geforce Now.

As a developer/publisher, why wouldn't you want your games more accessible? Allowing your game playable in more scenarios is a win. EA has talked publicly about building their own cloud platform, and I can see a scenario where they'd find it to be a conflict for their games also on xCloud. But for example Ubisoft has already partnered with Google on the Project Stream Beta and has lots of games on Geforce Now, why wouldn't they also partner with Xbox?

I agree there's potential for compromises, but also for advantages as well. Most of the posts regarding this discussion viewed having a chip do double duty (server and xbox) as negative - replacing a component for gaming with a component for server usage. I think it's just as likely an "and" situation as it is an "or" situation. As I mentioned in my post, there's potential offsetting the cost of the hardware due to it's wider use case - this could allow for lower cost hardware or more power (expensive) hardware for the same price.

There's three options in all honesty, compromise, "either" or "and".comprise makes it a jack of all trades master of none. "Either" basically makes it lean one way or another, which quite frankly gaming would get the shaft in that situation when you look at azure as a whole. "And" would be a chip that is a wholesale server and an enthusiast product. That would be insanely complicated and quite frankly not even worth it when you could just have racks of Scarlett's

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
New video from Jim. The key takeaway is that IO die are NOT for consumer products. We should expect a monolithic console APU.

Also interesting that Vega 7nm was planned but scrapped for consumers. That speaks pretty highly of Navi IMO.

It also provides a lot of explanation of the 7nm scaling factors (2x power efficiency at same clocks, or 1.25X at same power), since that's been a hot topic here.

And this is what you expected,if i remember well?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah,the only question is what games they will be able to stream on their streaming service...

I would be extremely surprised if you cannot stream your entire digital library. Having a limitation of it being Game Pass only seems to fly in the face of what they're trying to achieve with opening up the platform to more people outside of Xbox hardware and Windows 10.

If anything they could make the game streaming of any digital title a feature of Gold and Game Pass subs so if you have Gold you can stream anything digital that you own and Game Pass will obviously be whatever is on that service.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Yes, Microsoft said the streaming box has some sort of processing power in it to cut down on any streaming latency. It handles some stuff locally

I get that part, but the premise of your post was that the purpose of a streaming box was to cut down on lag, and that consumers that care about lag would want their games rendered on local hardware.

The purpose of the streaming box is to provide a low barrier to entry for casual consumers who want a cheap console. They're exactly the type of consumer who cares less about a bit of lag, but cares a lot about the up front cost of the box.

I personally, think a streaming console option is too restrictive, both in terms of game library offering (i.e. no chance that all games launch day and date on the streaming service as well) and in terms of ease of use, i.e. can't play untethered to the internet, no used games, can't swap games with friends, etc etc..

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
I would be extremely surprised if you cannot stream your entire digital library. Having a limitation of it being Game Pass only seems to fly in the face of what they're trying to achieve with opening up the platform to more people outside of Xbox hardware and Windows 10.

If anything they could make the game streaming of any digital title a feature of Gold and Game Pass subs so if you have Gold you can stream anything digital that you own and Game Pass will obviously be whatever is on that service.

Call me skeptical.Besides games on Game Pass,MS is here at the mercy of big publishers.For start,EA games you will not be able to stream on xCloud cause they will be exclusive on new EA Origin streaming service.As for others...we'll see.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the whole point of xCloud was to literally be an Xbox in the cloud. Same games, same services, no difference except for it being streaming instead of local hardware. From a publisher's point of view it would be identical to you having bought a Scarlett. Same $60 for a day one game. Why would the fact that it's streaming from a MS server matter to publishers?

Paxton25

May 9, 2018
Microsoft would rather sell 50 million consoles and have 100 million Game Pass subscribers than sell 100 million consoles and have 50 million Game Pass subscribers. People that look at only the hardware front are lost when it comes to seeing that they are more interested in the services than they are in selling hardware........hence the comment that they want Game Pass on every device.

Both Sony and Microsoft will have an idea of where it is they want their hardware to go, and it looks like they are both going to launch in 2020. There will not be much that can be done to change what is designed late in the day so it makes very little sense for them to delay what they have deemed a feasible launch window.

Everyone does the majority of their sales in the English speaking world. Biggest market in that is the US. Microsoft is not alone in that.
People seem to forget that Xbox is huge in Mexico, a Spanish speaking country. But yes you're right ms and Sony have probably sold 20 plus million of there consoles this gen in the US alone.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly.I just wonder how many of those people will be shocked when they find out they have to buy game first,and pay full price,before being able to stream it on the stream service they already pay for.

What streaming service would they be paying for? Are you under the impression that to even use the streaming console you'll have to pay a subscription?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Call me skeptical.Besides games on Game Pass,MS is here at the mercy of big publishers.For start,EA games you will not be able to stream on xCloud cause they will be exclusive on new EA Origin streaming service.As for others...we'll see.

If you're buying the game on the Xbox Store, EA is still getting their cut. They're not losing out on money just because Microsoft has introduced a service that allows you to play that game anywhere.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
What streaming service would they be paying for? Are you under the impression that to even use the streaming console you'll have to pay a subscription?

Well, xCloud or whatever MS gonna call it.

Of course you will need to pay for streaming subscription in order to use it on streaming console.What did you expect?

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Well, xCloud or whatever MS gonna call it.

Of course you will need to pay for streaming subscription in order to use it on streaming console.What did you expect?

What would the subscription be for? You bought the streaming box. You purchased the games at whatever price they are on the Xbox store. That would be like buying an Apple TV and having to pay a subscription to watch TV shows that you already purchased. That makes no sense.