• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
7hMp3Wj.png

Ethernet, TOSlink, 2x USB C, 2x HDMI and Power!

Was hoping for at least 4 USB-C slots on these consoles. Have feeling PS5 will be same. :-(

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did cerny just say he couldn't figure out the architecture and that at the end of the day its all about the video games??

9 tflops confirmed? Lol

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Why are Microsoft having 2 HDMI ports again? Isn't the HDMI-in redundant now they've stopped all that TV Sports TV Sports TV TV TV Sports stuff?

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Thuway, relax. Every CES is the same, AMD gets overview of their entire lineup. They talk very little about consoles, because marketing of those product is left to Sony/MS.

Zen2 for laptops, that's great.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm surprised the power connector on the XSX is a C7/C8 style "figure 8" connector which lacks a grounding connector. As I understand the IEC regulations that style is limited to 2.5A current, which would suggest a maximum draw of ~275W.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
People here that say only 1% of costumers care about the power of their consoles are clearly vastly underestimating the number of enthusiast gamers or even tribalist gamers that want to say they chose the best "team". They even put a ludicrous "8K" on the SOC that is hidden deeply inside the box because it does matter the power marketing

The Xbox One X chip has 4K on it. Etching 8K on this new chip is fully in line with that, and is supposed to evoke 'next gen'.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I hope so. Really care mostly for charging controllers and for my external HD. Wonder how external HD will work with the SSD drives?

Maybe there's a really quick way to copy onto the internal drive so you can switch games on and off.

The Xbox One X chip has 4K on it. Etching 8K on this new chip is fully in line with that, and is supposed to evoke 'next gen'.

At least the Xbox One X can do native 4K. I assume the only games doing 8K on these upcoming consoles are older gen games.

Status
Not open for further replies.