• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
WpaXNIf.png

Hopefully, this will put to bed that PS5 may not have HW based RT speculation to rest forever.

Oh wait, now folks gotta talk how it might compare with XSeX.

Gyroscope

Oct 25, 2017
This is the most awkward Canadian stand off ever.

MS: You can go ahead.
Sony: No, you can go.
MS: No, I insist...
Sony: No, please feel free...
Etc...

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
I really like the way that the logo is just the PS4 logo with a 5 instead of a 4. But hey, something is better than nothing I suppose.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Lol at people expecting things from CES by SIE. They even said more than i anticipated. This is not the place to discuss about PS5 in details and Jim is not the right person as well.

Cerny will handle the reveal like he did in 2013.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
People are going to be coming up with MisterXmedia solutions for Sony for the next several weeks now.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Well at least we got the Series X chip from Phil, otherwise we'd actually have nothing we gained.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
October 2020.

The reveal wars have escalated. Mark Cerny flashes his sardonic smile, having just revealed the PS5 for the 15th time. While the most hardcore fans seem titillated by the subtle lavender scenting confirmed for the device packing, three die hards had to be carted out after fainting at the 13 hour, standing room only event.

Microsoft is not resting on its laurels. They have a press event scheduled for a Princess Cruise liner in the Gulf of Mexico with illusionist Criss Angel and the tagline "load times will disappear!"

It remains to be seen how many more reveal events we may get better launch. When asked about the possibility of a reveal event after the launch, Jim Ryan smiled "Everything is on the table."

Console wars never change.
How many more times will I be able to quote this?

Manixramz

Apr 4, 2018
Ces is not the place, u getting logo is actually surprising, haha. Nothing was hinted. Don't know why some worked up.

PlayStation meeting or event will be full blow out.

That rt updated is for us resetera lol

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Exactly my thought. You have Microsoft stating their power increase at the reveal but Sony just repeated the wired article
Doesn't necessarily mean anything but yeah.. it might.

The SSD speed might actually matter though; especially if their customization lower CPU usage during reads.

For one if they have a faster SSD with less CPU usage during loads they can definitely sell a machine with less RAM. But devs would have to design around that so not sure how that plays out for multiplats.

PrimeRib

Nov 16, 2017
I wasn't expecting anything but the tease promo and then Jim Ryan takes the stage and ... the logo? Lame as F.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I really like the way that the logo is just the PS4 logo with a 5 instead of a 4. But hey, something is better than nothing I suppose.
My wife happened to come up to my Bonus Room as Jim said "here is our new logo". She then said, isn't that the same logo as the PS4 but with a 5? I LOL at that. That was no reaction to that from the crowd as expected. It just seemed odd, the way Jim said, "I am proud to reveal our new logo" and yeah that was odd.

Well, I mentioned as did others not to get your hopes up and unless something else is shown when they talk about the TV's, I think this was it for the gaming division. So basically nothing unless a PS4 logo with a 5 on the end of it excites you.

Status
Not open for further replies.