• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Quick somebody pixel count that logo.

also I think I could see CB artifacts on Jim's Hair

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Now this is an interesting proposition. Given Oberon may be on E0 revision, their plans and yields might be finally coming together after being behind schedule. After all, holiday season is still plenty of time away.

I'm not sure if they ever were behind schedule. From my understand, proposed AMD RT solution is effectively baked-into the SPs themselves, it's not a extra logic next to the raster engine. If this is the case, it would be almost impossible to bolt it onto an existing chip due to how differe they would be. It's not just an extra stepping, it is a huge architecture overhaul. In this sense, if they truly targeted 2020 (as hardware RT indicates) and they still go for 36CU 2.0GHz, they most likely have a strong reason for doing so whatever it might be.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so I can't even fathom how Sony didn't at least let Jim Ryan end that crappy segment with the rumored February PS5 reveal date which would at least get fans a legit target to focus on for hype. And that logo reveal was legit cringe worthy even though of course it is just fine and as expected of course.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Wouldn't this be like the esram situation with the xbox one

Not really; fast SSD is much easier to take advantage of than a small ESRAM cache and they both have it.

Sonys being slightly faster and potentially better w/ CPU usage might not mean THAT MUCH for 3rd party games though.

Sony can design their entire game around that speed of loading; 3rd parties would have to design their games around XSX's speed (assuming they are going to ignore PC, if they design for PC and console forget about it, you won't see these crazy "no load time" type designs.)

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Every year this happens with ces, people pump themselves up for nothing. At least it cast major doubt on a source, from a bad place, that I notice a number of you pulling from.

Finding out what new tvs are coming is more exciting. Hopefully all the tech that next gen will benefit from is spread across entire tv lines and not just premium/large models.

Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People do remember the original Playstation Meeting invites only went out like 20 days prior to the event, right? At this point, the end of February basically is 'months' away.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
They didn't show even the new HDM 2.1 TVs and XPeria phones. Not even PS Meeting date.
Very disappointing confrences from AMD and Sony.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Damn you, Jimbo, I expected nothing and you had to show up on stage to cock-tease us. This is going to be a long winter.

Aug 26, 2019
I know that invites were sent out at the very end of January 2013, but that was 7 years ago and Sony may decide to go with a different reveal strategy. A "meeting" is far from a guarantee.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
In a worse case scenario Sony would just outright skip any February meeting and E3 this year and just rely on a new wired article once every few months leading up to its holiday 2020 release.

PrimeRib

Nov 16, 2017
No TV's either? I thought I missed part of it.
This just feels like a very different Sony than the games-heavy focus from current gen... hope I'm wrong.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Okay, so I can't even fathom how Sony didn't at least let Jim Ryan end that crappy segment with the rumored February PS5 reveal date which would at least get fans a legit target to focus on for hype. And that logo reveal was legit cringe worthy even though of course it is just fine and as expected of course.

What is cringe about revealing a logo?

They really didn't mention BC? I wonder if it's important to them then

PS4 is already confirmed. So its very much important to them.

if i had to reveal a 9 tflops console, i wouldnt reveal it either. its like that essay thats due in college, you procrastinate and wait until the last day and then turn it a half baked 9 tflops console. lol

I swear this is your alter-ego, a pessimist 9TF one. This thread needs the optimistic 14TF one!

Status
Not open for further replies.