• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Should someone tell Sony they are forgetting to market their new console? I'm really worried about them. Maybe someone could just pop round, stick their head through the door, check they are okay, ask if they need anything?

Yup it's really weird. Especially with Microsoft continually stealing the spotlight week after week. Sony went nearly completely silent. Hoping we get PS5 news in February but at this point I won't be surprised if we don't.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Here's hoping that with those next gen specs, we get real close to this:

Edit: Like Patent says, click that HD button.

Edit 2: In-game, NOT, in-engine which will come to pass, given what we saw of Hellblade 2.

Last edited:

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Ya know, looking at that Halo Infinite's interior cutscene and how sharp and clean it looked, all in-engine, I think we may finally get very close to this level of fidelity during actual gameplay (and for sure during in-engine cutscenes), at least on XseX at 60fps:

halo-wars-green-spart61u9w.jpg

No worries, I am on a similar boat (~10.3TF) it seems. And yes, I want to see what kind of scope and/or scale and/or pace of traversal Sony can attain in their first party exclusive released within the first year of the console's life.

And then years down the line, we'll see how devs leverage the mature tools and HW accelerated features like ARS/VRS down the line. For the first time since cartridge based solution, it feels like the next gen will see most advancements born of mitigating existing bottlenecks instead bumping computational power of what has been conventionally upgraded.
I'm hoping next gen Halo can reach Halo 2 Anniversary cutscene level of graphics.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Should someone tell Sony they are forgetting to market their new console? I'm really worried about them. Maybe someone could just pop round, stick their head through the door, check they are okay, ask if they need anything?
maybe some chicken noodle soup
|OTX| - When in Rome
masterpiece
Pro tip click the hd button
Side note what happened to tonky?
sent to the time out 🪑

Xbox FanFest

Banned
Dec 30, 2019
to me that trailer looks absolutly not Next Gen to me... did not when it came out, does not now.. i guess ill wait for PS5 reveal event for proper Next Gen Grafiks
Guess you'll have to. Even though they too showed a PS5 game at the Game Awards. New Halo looks great to me. Can't wait to see what they have under the hood with the rest of the game.

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Yup it's really weird. Especially with Microsoft continually stealing the spotlight week after week. Sony went nearly completely silent. Hoping we get PS5 news in February but at this point I won't be surprised if we don't.
Sorry if I'm missing the jokes or whatever, but didn't Sony just talk about PS5 at CES and the mere showing of the new logo generate massive hype/interest?

Regardless, I still want some more concrete info from them and sooner rather than later. February better happen!

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sony release a logo and got 5+ million likes on Instagram. They're actually "stealing spotlights" by doing very little. At least socially. but that's where that brand power comes into its own. The announcement of PS5 itself was equally low key and yet still managed to "steal spotlights". But if you want that jazz hands spectacle stage show I imagine we'll get that too soon enough.

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
maybe some chicken noodle soup
Thanks for realising that was a joke, I just got a warning for trolling. Without sarcasm, then:

In my opinion there should be no need for anyone to worry about Sony's approach to marketing the PS5, they assuredly have a clear plan and timeline to reveal information. I expect a big event with lots of gameplay from launch titles before any talk of specs, it's the safest way. Just unsure when they will do it. They are keeping their cards close to their chest.

Hockeymac18

Nov 14, 2017
It's January.

There's really no reason either need to be talking a ton about their new consoles.

Other than, of course, us just wanting to know.

Do you remember what happened in January 2013? Did it matter in the long run?

Nov 11, 2017
I think people will he shocked how good halo infinite will look crossgen or not. RT 60FPS with VRS 2.0 helping the frame rate? Going to be beautiful.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
hehe
Halo Infinite already looks better than that to me lol.
What are you doing in this thread 👀
that's what I was thinking 🤔
Thanks for realising that was a joke, I just got a warning for trolling. Without sarcasm, then:

In my opinion there should be no need for anyone to worry about Sony's approach to marketing the PS5, they assuredly have a clear plan and timeline to reveal information. I expect a big event with lots of gameplay from launch titles before any talk of specs, it's the safest way. Just unsure when they will do it. They are keeping their cards close to their chest.
the issue is we have so many drive-by's that some people can have a hard time telling. But yeah that was funny.
I'm everywhere and nowhere.
indeed

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Here's hoping that with those next gen specs, we get real close to this:

Edit: Like Patent says, click that HD button.

Edit 2: In-game, NOT, in-engine which will come to pass, given what we saw of Hellblade 2.

That doesn't look impressive to me. I'd be disappointed if next-gen visuals don't surpass that. 🤷‍♂️

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
This is not really how it works and wildly inaccurate but a fun shower thought, lets pick a number of 45 Million that Sony saved per E3 it missed or will miss before PS5 launch and then every year thereafter a saving of 45 mill. That is 90 million prior to PS5 launch,. How does that translate into bulk buying of parts and manufacturing etc and offsetting any loss on each console if Sony were to create a fairly powerful ( read more expensive to produce) machine, then save 45 Mill every year after that. I dont doubt that there will be a huge amount spent on reveal pressers and marketing, but I wonder what the real life savings are and how they get re distributed back into the company.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody really believe that Sony is going to "save" the money? I think thats kind of a straw man tbh. Its pretty obvious that if they aren't spending for E3 then that budget will just be (better) utilised through other means from their perspective.

30 million is pretty high tbh. (Especially as someone who pretty much never watches Sony's E3 until after because I refuse to stay up until 2am)

from their point of view they would probably be looking at that and thinking, "instead, we could better use that 30m by either...."
A - invest some of that in co-marketing deals
B - invest that towards timed exclusivity or any other similar kind of money hat
C - add it to the budget of our own studios
D - add it to the budget of our direct marketing (fund state of play for a few years lol)
E - give it to Shu for his indie outreach program
F - use It for negotiating warehousing contracts to store stock later in the year for when they launch PS5
G - hire Antonio Banderas as a PS5 ambassador. (Priceless)

— for everything else, there's MasterCard

Reallocate is a better term.
agreed.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Guys & gals, if the marketing expenses go under budget the money doesn't get sent over to engineering.

edit: and it's not healthy to approach this from a budget minded perspective, that's simply not what's happening.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
This is not really how it works and wildly inaccurate but a fun shower thought, lets pick a number of 45 Million that Sony saved per E3 it missed or will miss before PS5 launch and then every year thereafter a saving of 45 mill. That is 90 million prior to PS5 launch,. How does that translate into bulk buying of parts and manufacturing etc and offsetting any loss on each console if Sony were to create a fairly powerful ( read more expensive to produce) machine, then save 45 Mill every year after that. I dont doubt that there will be a huge amount spent on reveal pressers and marketing, but I wonder what the real life savings are and how they get re distributed back into the company.

It doesn't translate into manufacturing costs. That isn't how this is going to work even if it is about "savings" (Which I don't think it is anyway; it's about controlling their message and timing). The money is still going to get spent on press and marketing because E3 or not, they have a console to sell. And the years thereafter, it's still going to get spent on press or marketing because they'll keep needing to sell boxes and games. Whatever cost savings are being redistributed by attending E3, it's going to be negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.