• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omeganex9999

Oct 25, 2017
London
For the record, if PS5 comes in more powerful than Xbox, I dont regret anything I've said. I'm not apologizing to anyone about my predictions. It changes my life not at all. Fact that speculation over what megacorporations are doing with plastic toys is being taken personally is ridiculous and embarrassing. This should be fun. Nothing else.

Everyone is speculating here. Unless you claim to have first-hand information, there's no need to be scared. Simple as that.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Well that can go both ways. Been seeing folks back on the hbm, 13tf train.
I would take being wrong about HBM any day over being wrong about 9TF or 9TF vs 12TF claims.

The key reason being that the people pushing those kinda claims usually try and back it up with a lot of "facts" and sometimes even g as far as call out or ridicule other posters.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
For the record, if PS5 comes in more powerful than Xbox, I dont regret anything I've said. I'm not apologizing to anyone about my predictions. It changes my life not at all. Fact that speculation over what megacorporations are doing with plastic toys is being taken personally is ridiculous and embarrassing. This should be fun. Nothing else.

What do you say ?

Dec 8, 2018
User Banned (1 week): Ignoring discussion guidelines set in staff post: discussing a banned source
Multiple people have stated they believe the XSX will be more powerful. Only one person has come out and said the PS5 will be more powerful.... so take that as you will.
Rainer, Klee, Colin moriarty have said they heard PS is stronger. Lots of people don't say who they believe is stronger but they are close so could mean either way.

So no you are wrong.

Aug 26, 2019
giphy.gif
;)

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If we suppose 4x16 dual CU that would be only 1 Dual CU per chip, no? Does not seem unreasonable.
You assume 4 Shader Engines. I am not. Not if you don't want to have unused die areas.You remember those carts with the GPU layouts I made? Try to find a layout with 64 CUs symmetrical and no unused area. If you found one give me a call. I will admit if I was wrong.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
I think any prediction is fine as long as your not ridiculing or mocking others for theirs or acting as if yours is fact, then you deserved to be called out but otherwise its all gravy

Oct 25, 2017
Rainer, Klee, Colin moriarty have said they heard PS is stronger. Lots of people don't say who they believe is stronger but they are close so could mean either way.

So no you are wrong.

Plus we have a leak from February that has the 4/12TF numbers for Xbox.

And Arthur Geis has also said that the 12TF number is what he's heard all year (pointing to no last minute bump).

It's a pretty even spread, with most of the talk of Series X being stronger coming from folks that are historically associated with Microsoft.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, what is the general consensus on this? Regarding PS5 backward compatibility modes...

Time will tell...

PrimeRib

Nov 16, 2017
The theme that both consoles will be similar in price and performance means we ought to maybe expect:

PS5: $499
Xbox Series X: $499

Lockhart @ $399

The predictions that people have posted with Lockhart at $299 seems too low once you consider the internals there. It's more than "just 4 TF GPU" - it will cost money to produce. $399 launch is $100 off what the Xbox One X retails for today and can be considered a solid replacement for, in 2020.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
You assume 4 Shader Engines. I am not. Not if you don't want to have unused die areas.You remember those carts with the GPU layouts I made? Try to find a layout with 64 CUs symmetrical and no unused area. If you found one give me a call. I will admit if I was wrong.
Can you repost or link if you have a moment? I don't recall the details.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Guys, what is the general consensus on this? Regarding PS5 backward compatibility modes...

Time will tell...

www.resetera.com

[RUMOR/SPECULATION] Playstation to introduce a remastering engine for PS1 to PS4 games on PS5 - Source: HipHopGamer

Credit to TraumaRN for posting the video Maybe it's the wishful thinking in me, but I thought this could use its own thread so as to not bog down the next gen thread. HipHopGamer apparently has breaking news that the PS5 will introduce a remastering engine for PS1 to PS4 backwards...

Thread got locked

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't they just make it custom for a vendor if asked?

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
The theme that both consoles will be similar in price and performance means we ought to maybe expect:

Lockhart @ $399

The predictions that people have posted with Lockhart at $299 seems too low once you consider the internals there. It's more than "just 4 TF GPU" - it will cost money to produce. $399 launch is $100 off what the Xbox One X retails for today and can be considered a solid replacement for, in 2020.

If they somehow deliver Lockhart at 300, that's an incredible achievement. The CPU and SSD alone are not cheap. Add in Navi architecture, hardware ray tracing and VRS....that's a lot to only lose 4k resolution.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
So much a Obsession ... we will get 12+Tf and that will be really a monster

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lockhart @ $399

if the gpu is based on the 5500m series, it will be around half the size of the series x APU. or cost half as much to make. Assuming $150 for the series X APU, they are saving $75 there. If its $200, they save a full one hundred.

it has no disc drive, thats an additional $30 in savings.

It should have a smaller SSD. 500GB vs 1TB. no idea of the costs here but lets assume $20 minimum.

It shouldnt require vapor chamber cooling. thats another $20.

Smaller form factor. thats another $10.

4GB of RAM. Another $20.

$75+20+10+20+20+30=$175. it gets them very close to hitting $299.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Didnt Spencer say something about Hellblade 2 being built exclusively for series x?

I believe the statement was more vague, along the lines of "all our studios are building exclusives for the Xbox Series X", which can be easily misinterpreted, but only really says they won't be on competing consoles. After all, aren't we expecting every single Series X game to also run on Lockhart? Anything else would seem like a complete PR disaster. So the question of whether Xbox One / S / X are also supported is less clear and will likely follow some variant of the usual console transition.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Multiple people have stated they believe the XSX will be more powerful. Only one person has come out and said the PS5 will be more powerful.... so take that as you will.
I've said for years that I think PS5 will be more powerful. So that's two? ;)

Seriously though, who are these people and what's their track record for getting things like this right?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

[RUMOR/SPECULATION] Playstation to introduce a remastering engine for PS1 to PS4 games on PS5 - Source: HipHopGamer

Credit to TraumaRN for posting the video Maybe it's the wishful thinking in me, but I thought this could use its own thread so as to not bog down the next gen thread. HipHopGamer apparently has breaking news that the PS5 will introduce a remastering engine for PS1 to PS4 backwards...

Thread got locked
yikes, didn't see that. Apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.