• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It was probably silly to expect anything major there for PS5 as most said ahead of time, but can anyone give a good reason for why Sony wouldn't just churn up the hype train at the end of the Jim Ryan segment with a confirmed February PS5 reveal date if that is what they are rumored to be targeting as they have in the past? One possible though that I had is that they aren't necessarily sure about doing it in February yet at all for whatever reason.

it's possible they don't know yet or aren't having an event

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
It was probably silly to expect anything major there for PS5 as most said ahead of time, but can anyone give a good reason for why Sony wouldn't just churn up the hype train at the end of the Jim Ryan segment with a confirmed February PS5 reveal date if that is what they are rumored to be targeting as they have in the past? One possible though that I had is that they aren't necessarily sure about doing it in February yet at all for whatever reason.

because it isn't in February could be a good place to start?

Aug 26, 2019
The only precedent for a full reveal in February was an event that happened 7 years ago. We all jumped the gun a bit on expecting the same to occur. Or maybe not and they're sending out invites tomorrow. Idk

Feb 23, 2019
User warned: Console War Rhetoric
if i had to reveal a 9 tflops console, i wouldnt reveal it either. its like that essay thats due in college, you procrastinate and wait until the last day and then turn it a half baked 9 tflops console. lol

If it's a 9 TF Console, they will wait until E3 to reveal the specs since it gives them more time to polish the game announcements...the specs will be overshadowed by the enormous reveal of first party exclusive games that look better than anything on their 12 TF rival

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
The only precedent for a full reveal in February was an event that happened 7 years ago. We all jumped the gun a bit on expecting the same to occur. Or maybe not and they're sending out invites tomorrow. Idk
Klee said feb if you wanna believe that, Its not like we will have to wait long to find out if its true or not

Oct 25, 2017
if i had to reveal a 9 tflops console, i wouldnt reveal it either. its like that essay thats due in college, you procrastinate and wait until the last day and then turn it a half baked 9 tflops console. lol

Do you people honestly believe half the shit you type?

Surely this is all some elaborate ruse and you all aren't actually this gullible?

But if you are, hit me up. I got some mansions to sell. Only need your credit card and social security information.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
How do you think MS does it? The PS classic uses PCSX ReARMed.

Well yea. They have been able to make those games look better thanks to the emulator work they've done. MS also has to publish every BC game, they technically published the most games in 2018 with all the 360 BC games.

If they can figure out an emulator solution for the PS3, they still have to deal with relicensing and games being locked out due to music and likenesses, which is something MS has dealt with bringing 360 and OG games to the Xbox One.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

The Xbox logo is vertical, which represents the form of the console. The PlayStation is Horizontal, representing the form factor of the console.
I have no clue

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Well yea. They have been able to make those games look better thanks to the emulator work they've done. MS also has to publish every BC game, they technically published the most games in 2018 with all the 360 BC games.

If they can figure out an emulator solution for the PS3, they still have to deal with relicensing and games being locked out due to music and likenesses, which is something MS has dealt with bringing 360 and OG games to the Xbox One.
RPCS3 has the same licensing as PCSX. If MS can license, so can Sony.

ArabianPrynce

Jun 1, 2019
Seems like the 9tflop rumors for ps5 might be true, MS has been promoting the gpu to the point where phil had it on his profile pic, meanwhile sony is highlighting the ssd speeds, seems to show where their priorities lie.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
RPCS3 has the same licensing as PCSX. If MS can license, so can Sony.

No, I'm saying they have to go through and relicense each individual title. It has nothing to do with the emulator license, it's being able to host those games in a store they were never licensed for and the issues with that.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
TBA TBA TBA TBA TBA
|______________|
\ (•◡•) /
\ /
---
| |

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Seems like the 9tflop rumors for ps5 might be true, MS has been promoting the gpu to the point where phil had it on his profile pic, meanwhile sony is highlighting the ssd speeds, seems to show where their priorities lie.
At this point I don't think there is a chance in hell the PS5 is more powerful than the Series X, contrary to what every insider was claiming here for months now.

Oct 27, 2017
Would a 9TF RDNA GPU be basically twice as powerful as the Xbox One X GPU, despite only being 3TFs more? Or does it have to be 2x exact flops??

forgive me if it's already been proven, but couldn't Xbox be 2x One X in power but not be 12TFs? Based on improvements between Vega/Navi/etc.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Jim said "we will share the upcoming content of the PS5 in the coming months", are we sure they even gonna talk specs of the PS5? specially if they know they are so much behind of the series X.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Remember, for those who'd forgotten or didn't know, Sony announced the PS meeting for the PS4 via Youtube on a seemingly random day in January. No hint or heads up was given that that announcement was going to happen, much less it being about the PS4. So theorectically, Sony can drop a similar announcement for the PS5 PS Meeting at any point this month or even into early February. If I remember correctly, there was a 2-3 week gap between that Youtube announcement and the actual PS Meeting. We could be waiting as late as early February if Sony decided to do the PS Meeting in late February.

Oct 25, 2017
Would a 9TF RDNA GPU be basically twice as powerful as the Xbox One X GPU, despite only being 3TFs more? Or does it have to be 2x exact flops??

forgive me if it's already been proven, but couldn't Xbox be 2x One X in power but not be 12TFs? Based on improvements between Vega/Navi/etc.

Yes, DF said a 9-10TF RDNA GPU could be 2x Xbox One X. That's the reasonable expectation but some folks expect the world out of AMD.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I looked forward to CES. I don't know why. I barely pay attention to it most years. I don't know why I got even slightly excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.