• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2018
Well you talked about wattage and how they're pushing the envelope for consoles, what are you referring to?

This is a speculation thread.

I believe klee.
Klee has said XsX is slightly over rdna 12tflops and ps5 is bit more powerful then That. 12tflop would be pushing power draw for consoles and so would even more tflops.

Dec 8, 2018
User Banned (1 Day): Hostility
Clearly you want to just argue while proclaiming how great your preferred company is. We are clearly looking for two different things in this discussion, so there's no point in going further with you.

You are so pathetic. Not once did I say one is better than the other the only thing I said was their strategies are both PERFECT for what their goal is but you know this and know I completely dismantled your stupid console warrior agenda posts where your not only contradicting yourself, MS own CEO and Xbox head of studios in the same reply and that is probably a new high score for what I have seen on this site.

I promise the XsX will be a great device you don't have to worry and it will also provide great experiences just like the PS5 they are just doing it in different ways depending on their strategies.

But fine I have no interest to in continuing to explain to you basic company strategies when you don't even trust what the CEO of MS tells their shareholders or hardware knowledge over and over to you because when you don't even trust developers, digital foundry or anyone else so why on gods earth would I or anyone try. That you think that you could hide behind demands of proof of what you thought would be impossible (regardless of how utterly dumb that was) show exactly what type of poster you are and deserve no attention.

Thx for wasting my time and in the future if your arguments gets totally destroyed be a sport and admit it I promise you will grow from it instead of playing the "your narrative" card when it's quite obvious that that the one trying to push a narrative is you.

I thought it was pointless because the base Xbox One has been a pain for devs for some time now and what was said wasn't anything new. It brought nothing new to the conversation so I didn't see a point in thread marking it. I just thought it was funny that you would request it because you feel like it fits your agenda.

Well when you have first demanded PS5 games to run on PC as the only way of proving they are next gen (fuck developers, digital foundry etc those guys know nothing right) and talked about how PC games scale while talking about consoles I think that tread mark would be perfect for you.

That's not fair. I was more than open to understand your point and truly don't get what your problem is.
How shocking that I am not the only one who see you are a waste of time.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
This is a speculation thread.

I believe klee.
Klee has said XsX is slightly over rdna 12tflops and ps5 is bit more powerful then That. 12tflop would be pushing power draw for consoles and so would even more tflops.

So you're more confident about Microsoft with their heating issues because of how they handled the Xbox One S and X?

Feb 10, 2018
So you're more confident about Microsoft with their heating issues because of how they handled the Xbox One S and X?

I've already explained that we know how ms will be able to cool an APU which draws more power then prior consoles because we have seen its form factor which will be able to accommodate a fan and heatsink bigger then any console before it.

It's not difficult to understand.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I've already explained that we know how ms will be able to cool an APU which draws more power then prior consoles because we have seen its form factor which will be able to accommodate a fan and heatsink bigger then any console before it.

It's not difficult to understand.

I can see talking to you is not worth me getting irritated at your condescension. Good luck.

Morgan J

Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
In the first half of your comments, I think the roles would be reversed. Show what the power of the Console is about, and then if they have to, a separate showing of the price and launch date.

That was actually what I meant, so I think we're in alignment. I don't think Sony will rely on technology alone, either, and would expect date / price to be announced only after some compelling games are showcased. Microsoft has more of a recent history of relying on technology to sell the product but they could well feel the need to demonstrate concretely how their studio acquisitions have changed things since the last generation.

The big unknown is whether one or the other will plan a launch date surprise. I'm half convinced that Sony is toying with the idea of launching earlier than widely expected, and with their past comments about admiring Apple's rapid formal release date and pricing announcement / pre-order / ship turnaround we could see it all happening in rapid succession.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
The big unknown is whether one or the other will plan a launch date surprise. I'm half convinced that Sony is toying with the idea of launching earlier than widely expected, and with their past comments about admiring Apple's rapid formal release date and pricing announcement / pre-order / ship turnaround we could see it all happening in rapid succession.

Yeah being able to capture the hype of a reveal event and immediately turn around and sell pre-orders for a device coming out in less than a month is huge.

Been saying that since before last gen that I thought the console manufacturers would move to that model.

They did have one thing copied from it last gen: they had millions of units produced before launch.

Feb 10, 2018
I can see talking to you is not worth me getting irritated at your condescension. Good luck.

I'm sorry you feel this way, but I'm honestly at a loss why you feel this way, everything I've said has been very clear. I honestly don't understand what your issue is, it seems your trying to twist or alter what I have said for some bizarre reason.

Dec 31, 2017
Yeah being able to capture the hype of a reveal event and immediately turn around and sell pre-orders for a device coming out in less than a month is huge.

Been saying that since before last gen that I thought the console manufacturers would move to that model.

They did have one thing copied from it last gen: they had millions of units produced before launch.
Because of all 3rd parties involved needing to be ready for said launch, the likelihood of a leak is too high imo, and I feel like the date would most likely be leaked ahead of time, ait seems leaks are a lot more common in the gaming world lol

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
I just think of all the pages and posts that have been devoted to one console being more powerful than the other, only to come full circle to the idea that both are comparable in performance :)

That is a shit ton of writing.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Because of all 3rd parties involved needing to be ready for said launch, the likelihood of a leak is too high imo, and I feel like the date would most likely be leaked ahead of time, ait seems leaks are a lot more common in the gaming world lol

Yeah I was gonna add that to my post too, it is way more difficult for sure.

And Apple has gotten way leakier over the years and it's killed their launch event hype a bit.

Aug 26, 2019
I'm sorry you feel this way, but I'm honestly at a loss why you feel this way, everything I've said has been very clear. I honestly don't understand what your issue is, it seems your trying to twist or alter what I have said for some bizarre reason.
Had to do a double take, thought i was in the couples therapy thread for a sec

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Said last year when we found out Sony would be skipping E3 that it just wasn't that important of an event for them to attend anymore, that I could see them not coming back.

Sony can host their own thing, make it a true fan focused thing instead of the weird trade show/fan event Frankenstein's monster that is E3, have it happen whenever they feel they can dominate the news cycle. Media will be there, they'll get coverage. They're "Apple of gaming", pretty much.

I'm imagining everyone arguing in Italian and honestly it's more entertaining. The Romance languages are great for impassioned diatribes.

Romance languages are at their absolute best when passionately shouted, with anger and fury.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
That was actually what I meant, so I think we're in alignment. I don't think Sony will rely on technology alone, either, and would expect date / price to be announced only after some compelling games are showcased. Microsoft has more of a recent history of relying on technology to sell the product but they could well feel the need to demonstrate concretely how their studio acquisitions have changed things since the last generation.

Yeah we're in alignment here. Whenever they're ready to announce pre-orders, I'll be ready, lol. Got a link to the comment regarding Apple?

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
Kind of late in the day to make an announcement about anything. I'm starting to think Tomorrow (Tuesday) in the am EST they will post something. Could be wrong tho.

Feb 10, 2018
Had to do a double take, thought i was in the couples therapy thread for a sec

What is bizarre is Eeyore would imply I said something completely different to what I said.

I said I wonder what PS5's cooling system is, it would make sense for the XsX to use 140mm fan and a big heatsink given the size and shape of the console.

And Eeyore would be like "why u retreading on github talk haha"

Or

"so u think xbox will have better cooling because the S and x"

Am like

th

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Kind of late in the day to make an announcement about anything. I'm starting to think Tomorrow (Tuesday) in the am EST they will post something. Could be wrong tho.
The guy in Sony's studio thread said from tomorrow Sony will start a heavy brand advertising campaign. So I guess this News also can be announced then.

Jan 5, 2020
xbox x is so big for the simple reason that in microsoft nn know what it is to design an efficient cooling look at 360 compared to ps3, and more with external breast power supply it would have been a monstrous boat?

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Yeah we're in alignment here. Whenever they're ready to announce pre-orders, I'll be ready, lol. Got a link to the comment regarding Apple?

www.theguardian.com

PlayStation boss 'surprised' by Xbox Scorpio announcement

Andrew House says PlayStation 4 Neo console isn’t ready to show off yet and Sony will wait until there is enough content to illustrate its benefits

Relevant quote:

"The dynamics of the tech industry are such that there's a much heavier emphasis on immediate gratification than there was. A lot of that is to do with how Apple has very cleverly and elegantly managed the 'available now' approach. So yes, that was a slight surprise to me. We experienced this ourselves, when, in 2013, very much in line with our previous strategies, we announced a concept and a name for PlayStation 4, and everyone said 'where's the box? How dare you?!' That was the point we realised, well, we hadn't changed but the world around us had."

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
www.theguardian.com

PlayStation boss 'surprised' by Xbox Scorpio announcement

Andrew House says PlayStation 4 Neo console isn’t ready to show off yet and Sony will wait until there is enough content to illustrate its benefits

Relevant quote:
Indeed, but Andrew House sadly left. On the other side we had Wired article about PS5 in April 2019 , 1 1/2 year before the launch in late 2020...i understand why they did it but it felt kinda weird to me.

Oct 27, 2017
I can see it going:

Feb - Sony (trailers for PS4 games, PS5 hardware talk, some early looks at launch PS5 games)
GDC-ish - MS (hardware talk + early looks at launch games)
E3 - MS (Game Pass + Xcloud, games slightly further out than launch, price + Lockhart reveal)
Post E3 - Sony but depends on launch date for GoT (more focus on launch window games + some PS4/PS5 comparisons + some game a bit further out, price+preorders)

I can see Sony waiting until after their 2020 games are out (TLoU2 + GoT) before they start showing "here is what the PS5 version of your PS4 games looks like".

— 1) I don't think they want to market PS4 games with PS5 imagery when they could utilise it better to hype PS5, and
— 2) it would give their teams more time to prioritise PS4 versions while Other parts of their team can continue to polish up / pro-patch the PS5 versions.

I see both showing up at stuff like Gamescom / PGW / TGS though.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Are you representing the whole world that E3 was bad, or just yourself?

Because I had no problem with the games, or the trailers. And I think I'm not the only one, but don't take me for speaking for the whole world, please. :)

Why would I attempt to represent anyone other than my own opinion? That's a pretty bizarre question to ask.

Are you specifically talking about new game announcements because there were plenty of good trailers from games we knew about: Doom, Cyberpunk, Jedi New Order, FF7 remake, etc.

I mean it's fine if you don't really like anything but that's more of a you problem.

Of course, new game announcements.

How does anyone get hyped about games you already know are coming and have already seen enough to know what the game was going to be?

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there a point where some games where made for Next-Gen and ported down like Titanfall. Respawn made the Xbox One version and Bluepoint made the Xbox 360 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.