• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
6eatFyf.png

Oh you are right.Weird. I'm also in Germany.
Gamestop to be blocked in Germany? ;)

xem

Oct 31, 2017
thought this the whole time. couldn't it just be PC release death stranding related.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're in the US you can see Gamestop - for GDPR reasons they are not displaying their site to anyone outside of their borders. It's shit, but they're not going to comply with intl regulations.

Anyway, it's just a stupid "keep me informed" page with quality content like

The PS5 Design Includes The Ability To Play Physical & Digital Media

This was one of the biggest questions around the PS5 specs,
and it has now been confirmed. The PS5 will have a drive for playing physical copies of games and media, as well as have the ability to play digital game downloads and streams.

It's the same more or less than the equally bombastic page on Game.co.uk

There's absolutely no point to discussing these pages.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
For reference:

www.playstation.com

PlayStation®5 | Play Has No Limits | PlayStation

Everything you need to know about the PlayStation®5 console and PlayStation®5 Digital Edition - the best PS5 games, PS5 accessories, and introducing the DualSense wireless controller.

<meta name="last-modified" content="2020-02-11T15:09:55.784-05:00">

Updated Date: 2019-05-01T21:46:03Z

Via Network Solutions WHOIS.

I'm crossing my thumbs for some PS5 news shortly though.

Dec 31, 2017
MS can, but it would look pretty silly if they announced the price (their next talking point) only for sony to undercut said price, and then MS then says "actually, we're going to sell it for a bit less"

sony is about 2 stages behind MS as far as showing things are concerned (the box and the specs). do MS wait until sony catches up before announcing a price? or do they keep momentum rolling and announce it "soon"? if they do it gives sony an opening to undercut. and it's the only thing MS could "show" at this stage that could benefit sony. MS announcing specs doesn't allow sony to alter theirs, it's too late for that. but MS announcing price would let them at least consider the approach of undercutting them, even if it meant swallowing a bigger loss per console sold.
I highly doubt it works like that. Both companies most likely have a price set in stone for now and that's what they'll launch at. They've already accounted for the loss at launch and I doubt even Sony would undercut MS "just because". Even if they had the leeway to do so (let's say MS is more powerful and 399$ for whatever reason) the PS brand is strong enough to carry Sony and they know it.

People feel like it's some kind of game, when in reality everything is carefully planned ahead.Billion dollar companies don't play games like that, just like Apple doesn't wait on Samsung to add more cameras or lower their prices to be more competitive. They do what they feel is right, raise the price, and look at their phones flying off the shelves! ;)

Oct 27, 2017
Oh look, disingenuous as always - you can most likely recall something Jim Ryan said 4 years ago if it makes him look bad, but you just can't remember when Microsoft talked confidently about XB1 because it will break your narrative.
What are you talking about?

You might have me mixed up with someone else. Nevermind, ignore is a great feature

l2iv6

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
after turning on my ps4 for the first time in a while, it's got me thinking more about the ps5, and now I can't wait to see whether it has backwards compatibility so I can get rid of this slow as hell machine!

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I highly doubt it works like that. Both companies most likely have a price set in stone for now and that's what they'll launch at. They've already accounted for the loss at launch and I doubt even Sony would undercut MS "just because". Even if they had the leeway to do so (let's say MS is more powerful and 399$ for whatever reason) the PS brand is strong enough to carry Sony and they know it.

People feel like it's some kind of game, when in reality everything is carefully planned ahead.Billion dollar companies don't play games like that, just like Apple doesn't wait on Samsung to add more cameras or lower their prices to be more competitive. They do what they feel is right, raise the price, and look at their phones flying off the shelves! ;)

cost is actually the one thing that isn't set in stone. they probably wouldn't bother if all they could afford to drop was $20 since it appears kinda petty, but $50 would probably be worth it.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
For reference:

www.playstation.com

Everything you need to know about the PlayStation®5 console and PlayStation®5 Digital Edition - the best PS5 games, PS5 accessories, and introducing the DualSense wireless controller.

But Feb 11 was when the site went live, no? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There wont be any playstation 5 news on march 3rd, we wont hear anything else about the console til may at the earliest.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony... start the reveal with a ton of PS1-4 footage... then tell us they were all playing the footage was captured on PS5 with emulation!

The suspense is killing me guys ! I'm still banking hard on March3rd ir 4th.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean if I had no console at all right now but had gamepass I would probably get a cheap Xbox One to tide me over to the new consoles. Heck, I just flipped through four games last night on Gamepass until I got hooked on Hellblade........
Yeah, I ended up getting the Xbox. First time owner in their line of systems. Fucking love it. Gamepass is incredible. Hooked on The Outer Worlds.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
After further review, it appears GitHub test results may indeed have contained the Arden 1.675 GHz clock required to hit 12 TF exactly on the nose (12.006 TF).

Had not seen this before. Still no measured results - only theoretical, but interesting nonetheless.
Also Sparkman has the exact same theoretical values.

m5v0NGr.png

Last edited:

TibimusPrime

Nov 26, 2017
For reference:

www.playstation.com

Excuse my ignorance, what does that last part mean ? That we'll receive update on may 5th ?😅

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India
After further review, it appears GitHub test results may indeed have contained the Arden 1.675 GHz clock required to hit 12 TF exactly on the nose (12.006 TF).

Had not seen this before. Still no measured results - only theoretical, but interesting nonetheless.

m5v0NGr.png
Xbox One X GPU is also clocked the same way. 1172 MHz exactly hits 6.0 TF.

Important Information
OP
OP
Transistor

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Official Staff Communication
Alright everybody, listen up. As we approach OT12 of this living nightmare, we're gonna throw down a new rule. Random speculation and math and teraflops and whatnot will stay in this thread, as will the avatar bet silliness. However, if something credible (and I must stress the word credible) gets leaked or announced, a new thread should be created for it. As the saying goes, "new news new thread." That will keep things from being buried under the RDNA2 mathematics in here.

And as a reminder, let's keep platform wars and hostility out of here (or anywhere, really). We can all have a good time while getting along, mmkay?

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India
Alright everybody, listen up. As we approach OT12 of this living nightmare, we're gonna throw down a new rule. Random speculation and math and teraflops and whatnot will stay in this thread, as will the avatar bet silliness. However, if something credible (and I must stress the word credible) gets leaked or announced, a new thread should be created for it. As the saying goes, "new news new thread." That will keep things from being buried under the RDNA2 mathematics in here.

And as a reminder, let's keep platform wars and hostility out of here (or anywhere, really). We can all have a good time while getting along, mmkay?
Yes, sir.

foxbeldin

Oct 27, 2017

Sooo, it's happening ? :)

TLT GAMING

Apr 9, 2018
So GamerRant has this up....kind of confirms a more powerful PS5 and a 9TF 'Base' PS5 version. Would also fit with the Github leak..

Here

New PS5 Leak Claims Sony is Developing Two Different Console Versions

Regarding Sony's specific plans, VFXVeteran has just a handful of details. They say that the long-rumored 9-teraflop PS5 will be the base model of the console. Sony's second console isn't less than that, however, but rather a step up from that. "Their other one is also top of the line to compete with XSX top dog," is how the console is characterized. Exactly how powerful this console is remains mysterious, but it might explain why there are so many rumors that Sony's top model is more powerful than Microsoft's top model.

The only other bit of leaked information that VFKVeterawn shares about the more powerful PS5 model is about its price. They say that the "top of the line models" for both Sony and Microsoft "will be expensive." An exact price isn't referenced, but they predict a $600 price tag for the PS5+

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
It's always weird to me when people come in this thread and are like "it's just speculation". Like no shit, look at the thread title lol

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I expect a ton of threads flooding the forum as half the people in here can't distance themselves from the fantasies and fallacies of the old site.

OP
OP
Transistor

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I expect a ton of threads flooding the forum as half the people in here can't distance themselves from the fantasies and fallacies of the old site.
That's why I stressed the word credible. If someone tries to create a thread based on some random pastebin nonsense or something, it will surely be locked.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.