• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Me getting ready for Transistor judgment tonight

giphy.gif
Transistor watching in anticipation
giphy.gif

PrimeRib

Nov 16, 2017
Only seems appropriate if Transistor adopted the bloody avatar from here on out.
Going to be a bloodbath of ridiculous avatars from here to "Holiday 2020"

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Eventually a ps5 for exclusives when the prices come down. I'm so spoiled with game pass I can't imagine paying $60 each for first party games day one anymore. 😂
All first party games aren't like others… Sony's definitely are worth the $60, same with Nintendo, Microsoft's current crop aren't. We'll see if Microsoft pivots toward narrative driven, single player experiences for their service or if they develop games focus on being monetized around a monthly fee/subscription.

But right now, $60 for Sony and Nintendo's exclusives are worth it imo.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All first party games aren't like others… Sony's definitely are worth the $60, same with Nintendo, Microsoft's current crop aren't. We'll see if Microsoft pivots toward narrative driven, single player experiences for their service or if they develop games focus on being monetized around a monthly fee/subscription.

Anything Playground Games puts out is easily with $60, anything. Yes that's just one studio but we have yet to see what else beyond Infinite is coming.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
We should contact the nathan for you guy and have him create fake studio to receive PS5 dev kit.. thats the only way!

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver

Wut?

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Fuck, so 9TF everybody's settling with?

I think it's best to convince yourself that it's 9.2TF or even 8TF so that you won't get burned if it actually is. With there being a possibility of being pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be more.

The problem I personally have with the 9.2TF number and Github (besides that it lacks context) is that it needs to run at 2Ghz to even get there and that's just silly to me. Which personally pushes me to believe that it's either 36CU's with lower clocks and maybe around 8TF or that it's either not the final chip or that it has part of the silicon deactivated for BC testing.

Personally interested to see which of the two options it is. It's hard to imagine the PS5 having 8TF while the XsX has 12.

Aug 26, 2018
It's not over until it's official.

9.2TF will be totally fine and still be a very powerful console, so not much to worry about if that is true but there has been plenty of insider talk saying it's more powerful than 9.2, so anything could happen.

Best to take it all with a pinch of salt until Sony makes it official.

I think 399$ is what they should price it at.

They need to forget Xbox exists for the next 6-9 months and do their thing. They have it covered.

Full BC, HZD2/TLOU2/FIFA/FFVII Remake bundles at launch are enough to sell Millions in the first year.

If they strengthen the PS Now offering in thr next 12 months..they more or less offer what Xbox have as their USP( BCompat/Gamepass)

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
If Sony is going to let Microsoft have the most powerful console, then it means that they think it doesn't matter, which is interesting.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States

If they're worth so much why do they get discounted so quickly? I never bother to pay more than $20 for a Sony game.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
The last time SIE went this dark for a long period of time was after the PS3 debacle with $599. They kept their heads down until their software was ready to show that the PS3 was a worthwhile purchase.

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
If they're worth so much why do they get discounted so quickly? I never bother to pay more than $20 for a Sony game.

This is how I play most Sony games. Wait till they hit sub 30. Except for God of War. Couldn't wait on that one

Funny thing is I suspect Sony would make more money off me if they put their games on PC. I'd be happy to pay full price for them there. I don't like the PS4 or it's controller. That's my preference

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Can anyone provide any bit of evidence as to why any 'leak' or 'insider knowledge' should be believed? Apart from the usual respected journalists predicting that both machines will be pretty close power wise?

3/3 Sacrifices
OP
OP
Transistor

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Let's get this party started! The wife and I are making margaritas tonight, so I'ma hand this off! Adookah, Electro15, foamdino, melodiousmowl, Whatislove, Super Barrier, renx, Expy, Mus1Ckk, Wordstar, Md Ray, StiLteD. Get over here! I'ma let my good friend Link do tonight's sacrifices. Link, take it away!

tenor.gif

Adookah, ..................... ........... . .......... ..........

SN7ST06.png

Electro15, ........... ............ ..... . ..........!

vzD4nav.png

foamdino, ..................... ......... ... ................................

ijJJoWL.png

melodiousmowl, ...........!

JUfJ3TF.png

Whatislove, ...................... ...... .... ... ..............!

smRPrUj.png

Super Barrier, .............. ...... ................................... .......... ......... .

6VYbF7e.png

renx, ...... ........... .... ................!

YLJyrPY.png

Expy, ...... ....... ........................... ..........!

qPEzpJ0.png

Mus1Ckk, .......... ............................................. ....... .... ................!

9fKnrBl.png

Wordstar, ............................. ..... ........... ........... ... ... ......... .............. .... ....... .................!

7g31nCO.png

Md Ray, ................ ..... .. ........................ .......... ... .!

pYWSAHe.png

StiLteD, .................................... .....!

eKDkX4r.png

...... ... .......... .... ......................... .. .. ......... .. ............!

Well, this is the last time I let you handle this.....

tenor.gif

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone provide any bit of evidence as to why any 'leak' or 'insider knowledge' should be believed? Apart from the usual respected journalists predicting that both machines will be pretty close power wise?
It's been provided plenty of times. Check out the threadmarks in former OT's and you'll see plenty of stuff insiders and journalists have been 100 % right about, specswise. What they've been wrong about though, well... Lockhart and the february reveal. The specs themselves though? The Series X specs were just another thing to be crossed off of the checklist.

I encourage you to do some digging of your own, you'll be pleasantly surprised. 😊

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Damn, Whatislove really got the short end of the stick tonight. The others aren't halfbad and Adooka and Renx got good ones

Status
Not open for further replies.