• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India

Interesting video. December 2011's Pastebin leak of the "Orbis" and "Durango" was pretty accurate and later on it says that XB3 would be coming with a 500GB hard drive but PS4 was going to come with *NO* hard drive? How and why? I wonder what was the reason behind that initial decision to not include one while even PS3 has had them? I even found it odd during Feb 2013 PS Meeting when Mark Cerny mentioned that every PS4 would be shipping with an HDD, like duh... Even PS3s have them. What's new about it except for bigger capacity.

Crazy_KiD_169

Jun 21, 2018
How about whoever registered to know more about PS5 on their signup page will get given a PSVR specifically designed to be worn for the PS5 unveil. Which when worn will evidently transport us to that magical place at Mark Cerny's house... his bathtub to be more precise.
After we applaud at the end of the unveil, he reveals that this wasnt actually his house, but the Matrix literally running with the GPU clocked at 2.0GHz and that he is not only the system architect of the PS5 but the architect of a real life Matrix as well.
Well I signed up for that so hopefully 🤣.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Interesting video. December 2011's Pastebin leak of the "Orbis" and "Durango" was pretty accurate and later on it says that XB3 would be coming with a 500GB hard drive but PS4 was going to come with *NO* hard drive? How and why? I wonder what was the reason behind that initial decision to not include one while PS3 had them? I even found it odd during Feb 2013 PS Meeting when Mark Cerny revealed that every PS4 would be shipped with an HDD, like duh... Even PS3s have them. What's new about it except for bigger capacity.

If not just a miscommunication then it would probably be about reducing the price in the shops, can't see any other point besides undercutting xbox.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Do you know something we don't? I would have thought they'd be busy for the foreseeable future with FFVIIR, never mind another one!

Final Fantasy Roman numerals start looking like the Super Bowl after a while. Hey man, have you seen the new Final Fantasy XLIV? Everyone complains about the US not using the metric system (and I agree) but noone bats an eye to ancient Roman numerology. It's an odd flex.

PS5: Patience is a Virtue

Early bird gets the worm. These parables man... which one is right?

Oct 27, 2017
You know they could always announce GTA6 as cross gen and it still maintains existing GTAO, just adds stuff. So people can still buy 5 and when 6 comes out it's a big multiplayer expansion and a new SP story, city, etc

Lostduke

Jan 4, 2020
Techies, Please help me out. Whats the actual difference between GCN & RDNA flops besides efficiencies??? Are they measure differently? Can efficiency be quantified? What's the conversion ratio?

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem

Shows how much of the console powers where not true when the leaks or rumors came out.
Now we have people claiming they can see the data and some intern leaked it probably and THAT INFO is the INFO and FINAL RESULTS, because .... because they say so.
Oh yeah and Cerny and Sony are lying about the specs they mentioned will be in the console.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Techies, Please help me out. Whats the actual difference between GCN & RDNA flops besides efficiencies??? Are they measure differently? Can efficiency be quantified? What's the conversion ratio?
Q1.) Whats the actual difference between GCN & RDNA flops besides efficiencies???
A1.) Nothing

Q2.) Are they measured differently?
A2.) Nope

Q3.) Can efficiency be quantified?
A3.) Not precisely but you can have a rough ballpark figure for relative performance improvements.

Q4.) What's the conversion ratio?
A4.) 1.25 -ish

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Interesting video. December 2011's Pastebin leak of the "Orbis" and "Durango" was pretty accurate and later on it says that XB3 would be coming with a 500GB hard drive but PS4 was going to come with *NO* hard drive? How and why? I wonder what was the reason behind that initial decision to not include one while even PS3 has had them? I even found it odd during Feb 2013 PS Meeting when Mark Cerny mentioned that every PS4 would be shipping with an HDD, like duh... Even PS3s have them. What's new about it except for bigger capacity.
That's what happens when leaks are taken as fact.

No doubt there were things the leak got wrong, as I feel there is no way Sony would have ever considered making the PS4wthout a HDD when even both PS3s had one 7 years prior.

Xbox FanFest

Banned
Dec 30, 2019
Anything new since yesterday and the Insomniac price talk?

images
Doesn't seem to be the thread anymore for next gen news. So no.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Why a lot of people vote for 21 March (one day AFTER GDC) ? What's the narrative around that date ?
but PS4 was going to come with *NO* hard drive? How and why? I wonder what was the reason behind that initial decision to not include one while even PS3 has had them?
I think Didactor confirmed that (when he explained about the very first project of PS5 being a Jaguar one).
Why ? Cost.

I don't know why we had undercooked console this gen. They were almost profitable at launch. Did they feared the infamous rethoric of "console are dead" ? IDK

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Fixed it. Love IV :D

Why? Why do you think they are going with a 8tf system without controllers, HDMI cable, power cable, protection materials and just plain old carton box?

Because hip hop and gaming don't mix at all and I am a big hip hop head and I love gaming. I am not going to into it because I'll prolly get banned. I'll leave it at that.

Lostduke

Jan 4, 2020
Q1.) Whats the actual difference between GCN & RDNA flops besides efficiencies???
A1.) Nothing

A2.) Nope

A3.) Not precisely but you can have a rough ballpark figure for relative performance improvements.

A4.) 1.25 -ish
Thank you III-V . I had to ask because of the way they are discussed on here. Consider me educated. 🙏

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because hip hop and gaming don't mix at all and I am a big hip hop head and I love gaming. I am not going to into it because I'll prolly get banned. I'll leave it at that.
Dude..........................the hell? No clue what you on about but damn do you take things seriously. Unclench my brother, my comment wasn't that serious. LMAO.

Also side note. Who made you king of the world that you get to decide what mix together or not? L O Fucking L

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Dude..........................the hell? No clue what you on about but damn do you take things seriously. Unclench my brother, my comment wasn't that serious. LMAO.

Also side note. Who made you king of the world that you get to decide what mix together or not? L O Fucking L

I was just giving my thoughts. Thanks for your response.

Slammey

Mar 8, 2018
A1.) Nothing

A2.) Nope

A4.) 1.25 -ish

I'm not too sure what I'm about to say and feel free to correct/educate me but but does this mean that lets say the github leak is what people say it is and it still stands today (I am not trying to start a fight or anything) that if PS5 is 9.2 RDNA it would mean that it would be close to 7 - 7.2 GNC ? and if that so, would it mean that this figure would be slightly more powerful than the XoX ?

This does not make sense at all...Far from being next gen Gpu wise at least compared to this current one we have...

So 9.2 or whatever figure that is in that leak must be GNC right ? That would equal 11.2 or something the likes ??

Is this possible or the leak confirmed it was already RDNA figures ?

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Xbox One would have outsold the PS4 if it was not $100 more. So, no, I don't think power always determines the winner. See the Switch.
First off the Xbox One would not have outsold the PS4 and the moment the poster is putting up was the fact Sony had the better product and at 100 dollars cheaper. The switch is selling due to software especially launching with a new Zelda while also advertising a new Mario designed the way people have been begging for.

Status
Not open for further replies.