• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2019
No way the final design for retail units will resemble the leaked dev kits. If Sony is holding every hw aspect so close to chest, we will only see the design at the reveal and not a day earlier. They haven't leaked anything spec wise so it's almost guaranteed they have a very secretive design for retail units...

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I think they would need to modify the look quite a bit for it to be an acceptable looking consumer device. That may be as simple as adding plastic to give it a more conventional shape that doesn't disturb the airflow directive properties that it has.

I mean, the V-design is still pretty realistic if its much more nuanced. the thing is if Sony is going for a "flat top" or not.

Xbox FanFest

Banned
Dec 30, 2019

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
It's going to be interesting to see people's reaction if this thing is on the same level as XSX or stronger.
I fully expect both consoles to be almost indistinguishable in power at ~12TF.

XSX with maybe a little better Ray Tracing..PS5 with maybe a slightly faster SSD. Basically a wash and no ammo provided for console warring, muahahahaaa.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Image of the PS5 icon because I had no idea what you guys were talking about:

fBC9NRH.jpg

Dumb at face value; an internal test site wouldn't be using the production URL.. you'd see an IP address or some other non-production URL.

This is just someone editing the live HTML of a page, can do this in Chrome without even a plugin.

edit: LEAK of the PS5 Forum on Resetera, It's coming!

c1Kc8Ae.png

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dumb at face value; an internal test site wouldn't be using the production URL.. you'd see an IP address or some other non-production URL.

This is just someone editing the live HTML of a page, can do this in Chrome without even a plugin.

c1Kc8Ae.png
I do think anyone here is taking it seriously, just something to talk about.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018

c1Kc8Ae.png
Is that the DualShock V? it must be....

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
I fully expect both consoles to be almost indistinguishable in power at ~12TF.

XSX with maybe a little better Ray Tracing..PS5 with maybe a slightly faster SSD. Basically a wash and no ammo provided for console warring, muahahahaaa.
That would be wonderful. Neither console would hold either back, notwithstanding the mostly unfounded fear that MS' cross-gen plan will hobble "true" 9th generation game development.

Both consoles would then stand on the merit of the software developed for them and we could spend our time more productively talking about the merits and demerits of the games we're playing.

LOL, both camps of loyalists will hype up every difference as the be-all-end-all and continue to squabble here and everywhere else until the heat death of the universe.

Last edited:

TibimusPrime

Nov 26, 2017
So are we allowed to get hyped again ? was there a follow up of the tweet with ''t minus 1 hour'' ..and the ps5 icon, real or fake ? :(

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the latest (reliable) consensus on the specs for these consoles then Colbert ? I've missed loads in this thread recently.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
So what's the latest (reliable) consensus on the specs for these consoles then Colbert ? I've missed loads in this thread recently.
In my opinion we have two conflicting camps: one that says there is a 3 TF difference (Github) and one that includes the vast majority of the "leaks" that say both consoles are much closer than that. But there really has been no solid news to report through first two months of the year, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.