• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Im still waiting on the announcement of the series S and you've already jumped to the pricing !
If they really want to be bold and have an inkling that the PS5 will be less powerful than the X but at $399 then they should go for $249.99 on the S. $100 won't be enough of a difference to sway people from getting the PS5 instead. That all goes out the window though if the X and PS5 are both $499 ($349 S in this case) 👀👀👀

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Why is the word "XBOX" skewed on the front? The left edge is nicely vertically aligned with the left edge of the box, but the right edge slants at a bizarre angle relative to the center line.

Last edited:

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
I think it's better if we don't expect anything while Coronavirus it's still this huge.
Almost every big event there is is being practically canceled because of it (and for the better).

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
If they really want to be bold and have an inkling that the PS5 will be less powerful than the X but at $399 then they should go for $249.99 on the S. $100 won't be enough of a difference to sway people from getting the PS5 instead. That all goes out the window though if the X and PS5 are both $499 ($349 S in this case) 👀👀👀
I couldnt see the s being less than $299.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
The products on that standard are mostly enterprise grade, so I can see a lot of cost going down. Then add the 5m consoles a year as potential consumers could serve as scaling effect to cost too. I think that would be amazing.
#speculation
Agreed. I can definitely see xsx having expandable storage and going the cfxpress route to do so. I'm also hoping for 3rd party adapters that allow usage of m.2 drives.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
I'm now at the depressing point where I'm considering waiting for next gen to play some games I have but need a BC announcement first.

Load times alone are killing me.. Hopefully load times via BC will be a lot faster (I'm looking at you TW3).

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Support for external NVME drives would be best solution. The console does a speed test of the drive and makes sure it can hit a minimum speed. Sequential read speed isn't the be all when it comes to these drives for gaming. It's the random read speeds.
Your scenario would be a good reason as to why not allow anything but proprietary drives. Imagine buying a drive and finding out it's not good enough. It sometimes falls on companies to protect consumers from their own ignorance.

I can guarantee you that third parties are foaming at the mouth for Sony to finally unveil PS5 so they can start talking about their games and start the media train, especially Ubisoft, EA, etc.
Xsx was shown and announced, are 3rd parties talking about their titles being on xsx? They're not talking about games cause it's not time to talk about them yet.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019

I didn't think this was possible due to having to get retailers up to speed for the holiday push and needing to get stockholders pumped prior to end of the fiscal year, but could you imagine if this happened?

Kreten

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
Actually Sony is making CFExpess now too. XQD is not quite as fast as it seems so I would count that out
XGOxqeu.png

That is not crazy. But on the other hand supporting a known standard and having a scaling effect could be an advantage after all. Also Sony for instance already is in the business of CFexpress cards (see above)

From what is rumored (pre-production form factor) Thunderbolt 3 is not in play for at least XBox.
Why not just M.2 slot similar to those found on bunch of laptops. You take NVME like this one and push it in there with some type of click in mechanism or where the drive is sticking out like 1cm. This one is 2.3mm thick x 22mm wide and 85mm long

www.samsung.com

SSD 970 EVO NVMe® M.2 500GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E500BW | Samsung US

Learn more about Samsung SSD 970 PRO NVMe® M.2 500GB with the innovative Samsung V-NAND technology and a 5-year limited warranty.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Why not just M.2 slot similar to those found on bunch of laptops. You take NVME like this one and push it in there with some type of click in mechanism or where the drive is sticking out like 1cm. This one is 2.3mm thick x 22mm wide and 85mm long

www.samsung.com

SSD 970 EVO NVMe® M.2 500GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E500BW | Samsung US

Learn more about Samsung SSD 970 PRO NVMe® M.2 500GB with the innovative Samsung V-NAND technology and a 5-year limited warranty.
CFexpress is rumored because of the dimensions of the slot here on the pre-production Xbox Series X. That doesn't look like something you described above but fits the form factor of CFexpress! Even if packaged what you described is not a fit here. Too wide.

0_Screen-Shot-2020-01-23-at-091637.jpg

Last edited:

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
I do t think they'll do that.
They want to sell a million consoles day one.
Best way is continuous hype.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I think he answers his own question. All the third parties would do marketing deals with Xbox since they could actually talk about their games.

The console will definitely be revealed earlier, but final details about street date and price could very well land later than in previous cycles. With the same SKU presumed to offer both PS4 and PS5 on one disc or with one digital purchase, you don't need to time your game's release with the new consoles in quite the same fashion (barring true next-gen exclusives.)

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
But at the Sony investor call, it was said that the PS5 reveal timeline would be similar to the one for PS4.
Let's draw a worst case scenario:
  • Coronavirus is still a thing in June (Could happen)
  • E3 is canceled (Could happen)
  • MS has not revealed its Xbox at E3 and most important the pricing at this point in time (Could happen but I think Xbox want to have priccing out for pre-orders)
  • And Sony really wants to wait for that pricing information. (Could happen but I do not think Sony is really waiting for the Xbox pricing)
There you have a scenario for a chance for a reveal in Q3 2020 by Sony.
#speculation

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
The console will definitely be revealed earlier, but final details about street date and price could very well land later than in previous cycles. With the same SKU presumed to offer both PS4 and PS5 on one disc or with one digital purchase, you don't need to time your game's release with the new consoles in quite the same fashion (barring true next-gen exclusives.)
Then that's not a "reveal" and you're violating the premise set forth. Apple's events, which Reiner uses for comparisons, are complete and full reveals. We already know more about the PS5 than we do the next iPhone.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
Let's draw a worst case scenario:
  • Coronavirus is still a thing in June (Could happen)
  • E3 is canceled (Could happen)
  • MS has not revealed its Xbox at E3 and most important the pricing at this point in time (Could happen but I think Xbox want to have priccing out for pre-orders)
  • And Sony really wants to wait for that pricing information. (Could happen but I do not think Sony is really waiting for the Xbox pricing)
There you have a scenario for a chance for a reveal in Q3 2020 by Sony.
#speculation
If Sony did this it would be for one reason - the development of the PS5 was such a complete dumpster fire that the box and the games weren't ready for reveal until the fall.

Required viewing material
Dec 8, 2018
Hope you guys get your reveal soon. I am off on vacation now for three weeks and wont be especially active but I hope Transistor will keep up the good work and keep this thread fun, clean and full of sacrifices over the next couple of weeks if I can stay away.

Before I go however I managed to get some footage of the night of Tonky... The subtitles unfortunately wont make it but I think you would not need them anyway.

Remember to have fun everyone =)

giphy.gif

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Hope you guys get your reveal soon. I am off on vacation now for three weeks and wont be especially active but I hope Transistor will keep up the good work and keep this thread fun, clean and full of sacrifices over the next couple of weeks if I can stay away.

Before I go however I managed to get some footage of the night of Tonky... The subtitles unfortunately wont make it but I think you would not need them anyway.

giphy.gif
Oh oh oh

this is beyond, well done sir, poor tonky lmao

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

giphy.gif
LMAO. I made it!

Xbox FanFest

Banned
Dec 30, 2019

giphy.gif
That is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.