• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't these the same leaks from before the UI reveal? I feel like we keep seeing the same thing or maybe I'm going crazy

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very impressive!

Series X cold boot time was 10-12 seconds If I recall correctly. So comparable.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Crazy that we're so, so close! I got my DualSense today! The music is just so great.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I really hope I can have it load directly into my account, so you don't have to press the PS button all the time.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Incredible.

I have two 970 Evo Plus NvmE SSDs in RAID0 with customized BIOS and a Windows boot still takes me a solid 10 seconds or so.

Nice that Sony is truly hyper competitive, and it's fun getting a system again that feels like a step up in a way that even prosumers aren't used to in the PC space.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Good, since I always turn off my PS4 good to know at least this time it's fast. And wouldn't be surprised if it's further optimized as the years go by.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
It can't be understated how much an improvement the CPUs and SSDs are this gen.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Series X cold boot time was 10-12 seconds If I recall correctly. So comparable.
There's that jeff grubb video circling around. It booted in like 8 seconds. But we're talking like 2 second differences. Pretty much even.
I thought the last info we had on Series X cold boot time was around 20 sec: https://www.resetera.com/threads/xb...end-and-full-shutdown-jeff-grubb-vids.296558/

Around 10 seconds for a Series X cold boot.

That video cuts so not really accurate to count the duration.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Out of all possible loading time benchmarks, cold boot is absolutely the least interesting.

Just a week left and we can get proper game comparisons.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I just hope the PS5 doesn't have that awful whining message if you get a power outage and the system complains at you for not shutting it off.