• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I want the PS5 to be...

• The most powerful console on the planet! Gimme POWER!

Votes: 1,237 88.0%
  • A Switch clone as powerful as current PS4.

Votes: 169 12.0%

• Total voters

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
What would be your personal preference, saying that the PS5 get announce. Would you want :

- A way more powerful machine than PS4, wont go into technicals here, but a leap like PS3 vs PS4. Smoking hotter visual than PS4.

- A hybrid console. Same power as the PS4, hybrid like Switch, comes with a 1080p screen ( going to put it same size as Switch )As for backward compatibility, not discussed here. Its for new games only.

What would you like more. More eye candy visuals, or a portable powerhouse?

Heisenburger

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No PlayStation fan wants this as a hybrid like switch. Next.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I would say most PlayStation fans would want a more powerful console compared to PS4. Also portable PS4 is not possible yet tech wise.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Hybrid. My game time would exponentially increase if I can just play on the couch, bed, wherever I want.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More powerful.

I don't need to play my PlayStation on the go. I have a Switch for that itch (did not rhyme on purpose lol)

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Power, every day of the week.

tumblr_nyjr8qnuXa1s9c6nao1_500.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Zero interest in another hybrid system. I don't even use my Switch on the go, and I have one.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More power.

Definitely don't want a hybrid and the compromises that come with it.

OP
OP
HighFive

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
I would say most PlayStation fans would want a more powerful console compared to PS4. Also portable PS4 is not possible yet tech wise.

Yeah, atm, it seem not possible , but saying in 2 years, technology could leap to make it happen. Im not a tech guy, just saying as if it could happen.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Hybrid? That's gonna be a no from me dawg.

I wouldn't mind another dedicated Sony handheld though, if they don't make dumb hardware decisions.

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Power power power. I'll just buy less graphically intense 3rd party games for the Switch for my portable needs.

...which is exactly why Sony probably would want to go the hybrid route from a business perspective.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Power, don't give a shit about portability. My Switch is played docked 100% of the time.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Just a more powerful machine with back compat. Oh and a controller with not shit battery life. I haven't had a need my switch controller in almost 3 weeks, I gotta charge my PS4 controller at least 2-3 times a day and I'm not even playing games with it, just watching movies or youtube.

Jul 20, 2018
The former. Sony excels at making gorgeous games that make full use of their tech. I'd prefer to continue having a big strong console from them and a hybrid from Nintendo.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Going hybrid sounds like a great way for Sony to completely throw away their advantageous place in the market.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
A powerful console and it's the easiest choice ever.
I am a PlayStation fan who would love it to be hybrid!

It's not happening though.

Going to get a slight upgrade in specs and full backwards compatibility is my guess. Super boring but will make most fans happy.
it's expected to be 6x more powerful than OG PS4 at least. That's not a slight upgrade.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
More power. In no way I would want a hybrid and get more of the same titles I've been getting on the PS4 for years. The Switch fills that niche nicely.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Why would I want them to go hybrid when there's a perfectly good hybrid on the market already? I want my Switch and my Playstation to fill different niches.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
A hybrid system works best as a secondary console. Not only would Sony fans reject it, but Nintendo would destroy them.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
A more powerful console of course.

If Nintendo offered a proper powerful console at the same time as the Switch, I wouldn't even consider a Switch. Don't care about portability at all.