• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
This came up first in the FFXVI thread and in the Playstation OT a short while ago, I figured this would also be of interest to users that don't frequent those threads. I took the liberty to compile Navtra's essential quotes:
I believe you can expect at least one more major FF announcement in addition to updates on the currently announced stuff (XVI/Endwalker/VIIR).
It should be a good E3 season for Square overall.
I don't know their exact E3 schedule, but I'm guessing based on knowledge of what games they have in development, how far in they are, and their target release dates. So take it with a grain of salt.

I believe we're getting two major SE reveals this June: A PS5 exclusive FF title, and a cross-gen Eidos title.

Just to set expectations: It's something new. Not as high-end as FFXVI or Forespoken but certainly more significant than World of FF or a remaster. Conceptually, I think it might be up many people' alley.

It's not Ivalice, Tactics, nor Warriors. Don't set up yourselves for disappointment.
It's tricky. It's certainly Souls-inspired, but it's not exactly what you'd imagine when you hear "Souls-like FF".
Is it an RPG?

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
THEY'RE REMAKING FFXV TO BE FFXIII VERSUS AND ALSO NOT BE A TERRIBLE PILE OF A GAME LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please be excited.

PlayStation continues to be the home of FF.

Oct 28, 2017
Bristol, UK
The space between a World of FF and a Mainline game is a weird place to be, that's still a chunky, sizeable project! Intriguing.

Edit: Oh shit actually a fleshed out, modern FF Tactics would 100% fit there...

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Oh great its square agai... nvm i've done so much of this already in the recent past..

At the very least Forspoken isn't day 1 PS exclusive which is the only non FF non JPRG Square game iam somewhat curious about. So thats relieving at least..

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Interesting. Trying to think of something that would fall between World of FF and XVI. That description would hopefully fit a new Final Fantasy Tactics well but it sounds like it's a straight RPG.

I'll just tell myself it's my dream game -- a PS1-style FF with turn based battles and a static (or FFX-style) camera. Because I like disappointing myself.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
New JRPG.

giphy.gif

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It not being World of Final Fantasy 2 is the most surprising thing going from that, I'd have figured that'd be next.

I'd also say that'd rule out a Chocobo game and Crystal Chronicles (though I figure anything they get would be Switch-bound anyways).

So... a fully 3D Final Fantasy Tactics? That's kinda sorta still an RPG, but Triangle Strategy seems set to fill that niche.

This would be rad but with Tabata gone I assumed it was never happening

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. Trying to think of something that would fall between World of FF and XVI. That description would hopefully fit a new Final Fantasy Tactics well but it sounds like it's a straight RPG.

I'll just tell myself it's my dream game -- a PS1-style FF with turn based battles and a static (or FFX-style) camera. Because I like disappointing myself.

Tragically, I feel like those of us who want a major AAA turn-based RPG are never, ever gonna get what we want ever again. It's gonna be all hack and slash.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
World of FF II is my wild card prediction.

Wait....shit.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more interested in that cross-gen Eidos game... Deus Ex is back, baby? :D

All jokes aside, this is exciting. Maybe it's Type-1

Bongodaddy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm already trying to convince myself that this will end up being turn based, based on absolutely nothing at all. I'm ready to be disappointed.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero clue what a FF game between WoF and XVI could look like. Maybe an even higher budget Bravely Default?

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018

I game mostly on Xbox Series X but do plan to get a PS5 at some point in the future. A new FF tactics would make me buy the PS5 the day it releases. I think a classic turn based RPG would be pretty dope too.

Status
Not open for further replies.