• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
twistedvoxel.com

PS5 Exclusive Godfall Has Been Rated For PS4 by PEGI

Godfall is a PS5 exclusive launch game that was also released on PC. It appears that the game might arrive on the PS4 according to a recent rating.

nGL8Cs2.jpg

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I guess since it's hard to get a PS5, Sony might have asked to get a version for PS4? I don't know just a thought.

I think the exclusivity ends on May 12th. Wouldn't be surprised to see it on Gamepass afterwards.
Nah, more likely that it was developed as a cross gen game first, Sony saw the game (as the developers showed it to them in the middle of development) and paid Gearbox to make it a launch title for the systems, which made it so PS4 was actually off the "timed console exclusivity" contract, which is kinda hilarious when you think of it.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
So, the game isn't good? I haven't played it, but it seemed like every showing they just demonstrated the combat, which didn't look 100% great. Is there no other meat or gripping thing about the game that makes it fun, or enjoyable at $40?

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Honestly, that's not all that surprising. It being a next gen only game looked and seemed like something completely arbitrary, and since it almost certainly didn't do so hot it's no surprise they'd decide to backport the game to PS4 if possible to get to a wider userbase

razt99

Jan 7, 2021
Something very funny about people asking not to waste a PS slot on this.
Is it that bad?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, wonder if it was originally cross gen and Sony asked to make it PS5 only for launch.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe that next gen price point didn't work out so well.

Let me know when they rate it F2P.

sQr

Jun 28, 2019
Ouch. It was awful with the resolution mode and not really stable on the performance option either. On PS5. I can't imagine how it will run on last gen hardware. : |

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
No, that game is not coming to ps4. Sony's contract with bluepoint is done, and even if a port were to happen, far too many sacrifices would have to be made to run decently on PS4.
What sacrifices are you talking about? There's nothing complex about the gameplay. Some toning down of the visuals and 30 FPS is all you need.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
So, the game isn't good? I haven't played it, but it seemed like every showing they just demonstrated the combat, which didn't look 100% great. Is there no other meat or gripping thing about the game that makes it fun, or enjoyable at $40?

I'm wondering this too, early showing didn't look great and I totally forgot about it.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
It's still a port but making it sound impossible is ridiculous. There's nothing there that couldn't be made to work on a PS4 and still look good.
Again, you are assuming incorrectly on how games work.
Listen to Bluepoint themselves talk about how much of a pain was it to downport Titanfall 1 to X360 (and not just from the gameplay perspective), they cleary dont even want to be in a position to doing that again.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Considering it's coming to Xbox in the future it wouldn't be too shocking if this got a backport as well.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Late port of a next gen game to last gen is certainly something unexpected.

Is it a first ?
It's not unheard-of (Resogun got late ports to the PS3 & Vita), but considering that The Graphics was the whole selling point of Godfall, I'm not sure how a late port that will likely be a seperate purchase will do.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Late port of a next gen game to last gen is certainly something unexpected.

Is it a first ?
It used to be relatively common. There's a bunch of Master System games that would fall into that category, releasing much later than their Mega Drive/Genesis equivalents. A lot of other 8-bit machines also had extended life cycles that included late ports (or often just new versions, without anything like porting being involved) of games that originally appeared on hardware far more powerful than them.

The PlayStation also got a few games that were otherwise only on next-generation systems, sometimes quite late. For example, Capcom vs SNK Pro released almost two years after the first Dreamcast release of Capcom vs SNK (the only other console to get a home release). More recently, Shakedown Hawaii got a 2020 release on several older machines (Wii, Wii U and PS3), a year after its original 2019 release.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Unless Sony renews the contract with Bluepoint Demon's Souls PS4 isn't happening. We PS5 users didn't even get the patch for deleting characters because of that.