• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Yup, the one with Discord integration! Size is about 1.1GB.

There's a new DualSense update as well, and you don't need a cable anymore 🥹

PS VR2 got an update as well. No changelog.

Changelog

New Social Features
  • Join a Discord Voice Chat on Your PS5 Console. You can now join Discord voice chats on your PS5 console and easily chat with friends on most other gaming platforms. To start, link your Discord and PlayStation Network accounts from your PS5 console, PlayStation.com, or Discord app on Windows, Mac or mobile device following these steps. Then, use the Discord app on your mobile device or computer to get a Discord voice chat going on your PS5 console (make sure your Discord app is updated to the latest version). You can also let your Discord friends see when you're online and what you're playing.
  • Note: if you've linked your PlayStation Network and Discord accounts in the past to display what game you're playing, you'll need to link your accounts again on your PS5 console to grant the new permissions needed for Discord voice chat. If you participated in the system software beta and have already linked your accounts during the beta period, you don't need to link them again.

• Start or Request a Share Screen from Your Friend's Profile. You can now send a Share Screen request or start sharing your screen with a friend, directly from their profile. Simply select the Share Screen icon on your friend's profile to start a new session.
  • New "Join Game" Icon in Party Chats. On the voice chat card, a joinable icon will be displayed for party members playing a game you can join. You can join the game directly by selecting the player, and then selecting [Join Game] from the menu
  • New "Friends Who Play" Tile. In game hubs, you can now see which of your friends have the game, who is currently online, and who is currently playing the game. By selecting the tile, you can see what your friends are doing now, and you can also access your friends' profiles, where you'll be given more interaction options.
  • Manually Upload Game Captures to PlayStation App. You can now manually select and upload individual screenshots or game clips to PS App from your PS5 console, then easily share them on social media or with your friends.* This feature complements the auto-upload functionality that currently exists on PS App.
New Gameplay and Personalization Options
  • Variable Refresh Rate support for 1440p. You can now enjoy smoother visual performance when using a VRR-compatible HDMI 2.1 display at 1440p resolution, when playing a game that supports VRR.**
  • We've also made some updates to the parameters of the PS5 console's 1440p output test, enabling 1440p support for a wider range of HDMI displays.
  • To check if your HDMI device is compatible, go to [Settings] > [Screen and Video] > [Video Output] > [Test 1440p Output].
  • Game Library Enhancements.
    • You can now also sort and filter games when adding games to a gamelist.
    • You can use filters in your library to easily find PS VR games, as well as PS VR2 titles when PS VR2 launches later this month.
    • Game Presets for Multiplayer Session Preferences. You can set your preferences to manage who can join and who can invite other players to multiplayer sessions you've created for supported games.
      • Go to [Settings] > [Saved Data and Game/App Settings] > [Game Presets] > [Online Multiplayer Sessions], and select your preferences in [Who Can Join] and [Who Can Invite].
New Accessibility and Ease-of-use Features
  • PS4 to PS5 Saved Data Migration. We're making it easier for you to access your PS4 saved data on your PS5 console through two ways:
    • When you download or install a PS4 game on your PS5 console, a notification that PS4 saved data is available in your PlayStation Network cloud storage will appear (if your PS5 console doesn't already have saved data for the game). Simply select the notification to download your saved data.
    • When you download or install a PS5 game that can load PS4 saved data, such as the PS5 version of a game that was also released on PS4, the same notification will appear (if the game supports this feature).
    • (Note: online storage for saved data requires a PlayStation Plus subscription)
    • PS5 to PS5 Data Transfer. You can now easily transfer the data on your PS5 console, including games, saved data, user profiles, settings, screenshots, and videos, to another PS5 console using a local Wi-Fi network or a LAN cable. You can either transfer the data during the initial PS5 console setup or later from the settings menu. This process doesn't remove or modify the data on your original PS5 console.
  • Screen Reader Improvements. The screen reader now gives more detailed guidance when navigating the console. It will now tell you which direction you can move from the currently selected component, as well as your current position in a component with multiple items. Additionally, when using the screen reader to view web pages, you'll now see borders around the section that's being read aloud.
  • Wireless Device Update for DualSense Wireless Controller. You can now update the DualSense wireless controller device software with a wireless connection. If you have trouble updating the device software wirelessly, connect your controller to your PS5 console using the USB cable to update it. You'll be able to update wirelessly for the next update.
Game Capture Using Voice Command (Preview): U.S. and U.K. limited release
  • Voice Command now supports using your voice to save video clips of your gameplay.
    • Say "Hey PlayStation, capture that!" to save a video clip of your recent gameplay. The default duration saved is based on your settings.
    • You can also save a specific duration of your gameplay, from 15 seconds to 60 minutes. For example, to save 5 minutes, say "Hey PlayStation, capture the last 5 minutes".
    • Say "Hey PlayStation, start recording" to manually start a new gameplay recording. You can then say "Hey PlayStation, stop recording" to end the recording and save the video clip.
    • Voice Command (Preview) is currently available in English for beta participants with accounts registered to the U.S. and U.K.

Last edited:

dom

â–² Legend â–²
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Discord Setup
You have to link Discord on your PS5
To do so go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Linked Services

Once that is linked, you join a discord call on mobile then swipe up where the Video - Deafen - Mute - End Call buttons are.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Nothing spécial for me but Always good to get an update.
I would like atmos on the ps5 one day!

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Yay wireless dualsense updates

Now I'll finally update my controllers (I use a dock lol)

And discord yay!

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
sWa50gN.gif

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wtf woke up at 4am cause my ps5 kept restarting and making a loud ass fan noise cause of this update

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
how long do we think until someone implements discord game streaming? I have to imagine something like stream blocking that you see in some ATLUS or Square games is a barrier to this.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Manually Upload Game Captures to PlayStation App. You can now manually select and upload individual screenshots or game clips to PS App from your PS5 console, then easily share them on social media or with your friends.* This feature complements the auto-upload functionality that currently exists on PS App.
Nice, you could always repeat the screenshot from the gallery, but this is much better.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So it has hours played and " Game Progress" on the front end, cool (I thought it was Trophy progress but it's do with Activities I assume)
The Trophy split window is a little low though, its halfway off the bottom of the screen!

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Thank fuck sony discovered OTA controller updates in the year 2023

This is all good shit, love it
Give me animated themes or themes at all as well please and i'm happy

Feb 16, 2022
So how does the Discord integration work? Can we open up Discord on the PS5? Make and join a voice chat/party through Discord straight from the console? Basically replacing the console's own party and voice chat system.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Just in time for the new Destiny raid, nice. Been getting the itch to get back into raiding.

wonzo

Oct 25, 2017
1440p VRR works on my AW3423DWF in and out on Console Mode but only after running the test.

Hitcher

Dec 23, 2018
PS5 to PS5 Data Transfer. You can now easily transfer the data on your PS5 console, including games, saved data, user profiles, settings, screenshots, and videos, to another PS5 console using a local Wi-Fi network or a LAN cable. You can either transfer the data during the initial PS5 console setup or later from the settings menu. This process doesn't remove or modify the data on your original PS5 console.
What's this bollocks? I want to back them up to USB in case something goes wrong with my PS5 or I sell it.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So how does the Discord integration work? Can we open up Discord on the PS5? Make and join a voice chat/party through Discord straight from the console? Basically replacing the console's own party and voice chat system.
Nope, seems like the only thing you can do is join voice chats through the Discord app and then continue speaking through your PS5. Quite a disappointing low level of integration after such a long wait.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, seems like the only thing you can do is join voice chats through the Discord app and then continue speaking through your PS5. Quite a disappointing low level of integration after such a long wait.
Agreed that it is not the best but at least I can now just join a chat on my phone and not have to have my PC on at the same time.

Hopefully full integration will come sooner rather than later.

Floex

Oct 27, 2017

Then what's the point then? This seems an utter waste of time. Was looking forward to this one!

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Quick and easy to link - scan a QR code on your phone and authorise.

Just joined a chat quickly on my phone and it instantly joined on my PS5. I know this isn't the level of integration people were hoping for but I will certainly take this convenience.

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
Quick and easy to link - scan a QR code on your phone and authorise.

Just joined a chat quickly on my phone and it instantly joined on my PS5. I know this isn't the level of integration people were hoping for but I will certainly take this convenience.

But why wouldn't i just continue talking on my phone?