• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Agram

Oct 25, 2017
KOwbz95.png

XSX 1TB = 930GiB (final storage is 802 meaning OS is 128)
PS5 825GB = 768 GiB (final storage 664 meaning OS is 104)

via Kenzodielocke

Last edited:

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
edit: correctednin replies

remainder:
It sure looks and sounds like the Playroom is not going to be a very deep experience

And should put to bed any chat about emulators being built into it

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I never keep more than 2 games installed at a time, so as long as it loads fast, then I'm good. I still just run 1 500 GB nvme in my desktop.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
So 161GB less usable space than the Series X?
On another note, the OS looks like an interesting combination between the PS3's "serious" tone and PS4's more playful animations.

why the only people who can "leak" are the same people with cameras from 10 years ago?
And the monitor appears like it's taken straight out of a storage room and has finger marks everywhere.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And this is the type of stuff that happens when Sony waits to long to say anything substantial about their systems features / UI functionality.

Rook

Oct 30, 2017
I can sense that there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions in this thread.

Before you post, remember that PS5 games won't necessarily be larger than PS4 games due to reduced need for asset duplication.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Thats not what the image says? Youre about 100Gb off ha

It sure looks and sounds like the Playroom is not going to be a very deep experience

And should put to bed any chat about emulators being built into it
The "100 GB off" figure is the amount of usable space after the drive is formatted, which is why the person posting estimated 100 GB for the OS.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Presumably that puts to bed the idea that Playroom is anything approaching a full Astro game. 2.4gb is tiny, less than a third of the install size of Astrobot Rescue Mission.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I only really play exclusives on this platform. Still pretty jarring for those that are PlayStation centric though.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
That would be a bit more than expected, thought more like 620-630GB.
More than enough, I just hope this time the space will be really what is there and not like on PS4 where the system sometimes randomly decides that I don't have space for a 20GB game when there is still like 80GB free.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
I can sense that there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions in this thread.

Before you post, remember that PS5 games won't necessarily be larger than PS4 games due to reduced need for asset duplication.

Its enough space for like 10 games, who has that many installed at once?

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Only in the absolute best case scenario would it have been over 700GB. Overall, that's not a bad result.