• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could the 2018 rumour be true after all?...

From the article...

Seems like full production of the PS5 might not be too far away. The Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company has started high volume production of chips using the 7nm process technology.

These chips adopt the 7nm (CLN7FF) process technology which is likely going to power the PS5. The fact that these chips are now being created in 'high volume' suggests that they've got big buyer ready to snap them up!

More...
https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-progress-may-be-boosted-with-top-news-from-chip-manufacturer/

Mar 27, 2018
No waaay.

Maybe they're prepping early for a 2019 launch, but the PS5 is not being announced and released in 2018.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the PS5 releases in 2018, I will eat my own asshole.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Common sense and knowledge about consumer electronics development would have told you that TSMC isn't serving Sony alone.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
If Sony would become Sega-levels of crazy, then maybe.

But i don't think that Sony will get Sega-levels of crazy, so the PS5 won't make 2018, earliest holidays 2019 and maybe even drift into 2020.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Even if Sony did released the PS5 in 2018, even if it was a 4k, VR ready great machine... that would STILL be a terrible, nonsensical, stupid move to make.

So, even if you throw any form of common sense out the fucking window with the fury of a thousand suns, what you would be left with would still be a huge pile of BS.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's been zero marketing and we are in late April. No, there's literaly 0 chance it happens unless Sony has officially lost their damn minds.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus, are we actually getting a PS5 announcement this E3? it still feels so early honestly.

stayingfate

Alt-Account.
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
It is definitely not releasing or being announced this year. Its still too early, all these articles supposedly claiming information regarding the PS5 is a sign of nothing. This thread will probably get locked anyway.

Oct 30, 2017
lol @ PS5. that thing wont be here till 2019.

This could be yet another redesign of the PS4 and a new PS4 Pro design assuming those 7nm processors are for Sony in the first place. \

That is assuming this report is accurate lol

zoltan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is everyone forgetting that last console Sony released is only year and a half old, it would be really stupid to release it in 2018. maybe even 2019. I believe 2020. or 2021. because you can't make something powerful and cheap enough with current landscape of industry

OP
OP
Fatal

Fatal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is definitely not releasing or being announced this year. Its still too early, all these articles supposedly claiming information regarding the PS5 is a sign of nothing. This thread will probably get locked anyway.

It's not claiming anything from what I'm reading. It's speculating based on a few key pieces of related information. This information assuming accurate, we can also speculate on.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
lol @ PS5. that thing wont be here till 2019.

This could be yet another redesign of the PS4 and a new PS4 Pro design assuming those 7nm processors are for Sony in the first place. \

That is assuming this report is accurate lol

yeah. I don't know why it's immediately assumed that this is for PS5 and not for new model of PS4 that is billion times more likely.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Even if it was coming in 2018, what exclusive games would it be launching with that Sony would be able to fit into such a crowded lineup this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.