• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well speak for yourself lol.

This user explained:

www.resetera.com

PS5 and Xbox Series speculation launch thread |OT9| - For flops sake!

Errr.. my company has built AI/ML that can predict things partly based on social media likes / views. They pull that data into their models and can predict sales of .... uhhh.. stuff.. (can't say what, but it works pretty well, and has to do with products that are advertised before they are...

That doesnt really prove anything. I have millions of companys that would tell you differently, not just one could be lucky guess at a box office takings.

Theres so many variables. 5 million likes for a logo then Sony announces its 1000 dollars for the ps5...you think that would generate sales...this discussion diesnt even make sense. I'm talking hypertgetically of course.
Take a breath and relax, this reaching the most liked video game post is impressive and deserves a thread, it shows a high interest in the product and PlayStation brand, you don't need to downplay everything.
[/QUOTE
I'm praising the 5 million likes, it's an incredible achievement.

The thing that bothers me is people acting like this genuinely amounts to something anything outside of being an incredible achievement for sonys 22 million followed Instagram account. It doesnt mean anything in the way of sales.etc.

The brand is a global behemoth and it's great to see this carries over to their social media.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
But people do use likes/favs as a barometer for brand interest and awareness. It's not just "PS fans", you're just out of touch.

Just chill dude, I'm far from out of touch when it comes to this. You are right about interest and awareness though.

Just an fyi, I'm aware and interested in the Tesla cybertruck....am I ever going to buy one....

plow

Oct 28, 2017
That doesnt really prove anything. I have millions of companys that would tell you differently, not just one could be lucky guess at a box office takings.

Theres so many variables. 5 million likes for a logo then Sony announces its 1000 dollars for the ps5...you think that would generate sales...this discussion diesnt even make sense. I'm talking hypertgetically of course.

It's just an example that is out of NDA lol. He said that they are using that constantly and big firms are too. If you haven't that's okay, but don't discredit that as "lucky guess". Smh.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's just an example that is out of NDA lol. He said that they are using that constantly and big firms are too. If you haven't that's okay, but don't discredit that as "lucky guess". Smh.

Can you tell me what company this is and explain why every company on the planet isnt using that software. They must all be multi billionaires working there...."smh" :)

Edit, I cant believe your fighting this corner. Let it go.

In fact this isnt a healthy positive conversation, let's move on and forget about it.

Amazing that this got 5 mill likes. I hope sony actually shares something of worth soon.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Honestly? I'm most interested in the HW design. Microsoft put a lot of engineering effort in XBSX's cooling/noise solution and I can only hope Sony does the same. Give me a quiet cool box

i don't really care about the hardware design honestly, it can be star shape for all i care..

just give me full BC on the software side of things.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
The Like War Is Over!

The battle for number two is still undecided one year out but it's moot

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Getting mad about something as innocent as liking a logo lol.

If this is aimed at me, no issue with the likes. Infact I like it lol.

Spreading fud that this is anything but likes on an image of a logo is my only issue, also people spreading miss truths that this will correlate to anything but likes is where it gets a little frustrating.

But it's all good, no stress :)

plow

Oct 28, 2017
If this is aimed at me, no issue with the likes. Infact I like it lol.

Spreading fud that this is anything but likes on an image of a logo is my only issue, also people spreading miss truths that this will correlate to anything but likes is where it gets a little frustrating.

But it's all good, no stress :)

I will not bother to answer to you anymore since you can't acceppt the simple fact that there is Software in this World that you don't know about.
Instead of being interested and wanting to know how it works, you are denying it's existence and making fun of it.
You sound like an old man who doesn't want any change to happen since he has to adapt otherwise.

riotous explained how they do it and also posted proof with an example. If that's still not enough for you then i don't see any point discussing this with you. I'm out.

Mar 10, 2018
For some reason, when I look at that PS5 logo, it feels to me like the PS5's been out for years now. There's this deja vu-like familiarity to it, and not because it's essentially the same logo that was used for two previous generations. Feels like we've had the PS5 for awhile now.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I will not bother to answer to you anymore since you can't acceppt the simple fact that there is Software in this World that you don't know about.
Instead of being interested and wanting to know how it works, you are denying it's existence and making fun of it.
You sound like an old man who doesn't want any change to happen since he has to adapt otherwise.

riotous explained how they do it and also posted proof with an example. If that's still not enough for you then i don't see any point discussing this with you. I'm out.

Wow, thanks for your polite response. Have a great day.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
People who have been enjoying games on playstations are excited about a logo reveal and like it.

Cue conspiracy theories and sadness and gratuitous concern from some people. Why do this to yourself?

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm sorry but you started with telling people i'd spread "fud" and "lies", when the only thing i did is provide an insightful post on that matter.

It's not that I dont believe that companies are trying to master an algorythm to track views,impressions seo and all that jazz and how it could correlate to sales. It's just incredible difficult.

Apologies, for the fud and lies comment. I dont believe you purposefully did this at all. I was simply irked by how easy it is in the current internet world for miss information to spread.

Its extremely difficult to track impressions and engagement to sales, while this will ultimately improve a lot of data is required and will be required to be able to do it successfully.

LukasHeinzel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's also completely untrue, yet suddenly I've started reading this since the playstation 5 logo unveiling...its strange. Never seen it before on this forum.

There is no way to guage sales from impressions and likes. I work in a sales and marketing team and unless you have a direct link back to your website with a tracking url to measure your click through and completed transactions per user, there is absolutely no direct correlation. It's very difficult to prove the ROI on social media campaigns, they are a necessary evil to push mindshare though and 5 million likes is not to be scoffed at.

It sadly speaks to a lot of Fanboy hearts, this is gonna be a wild time until launch.