• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SONY'S NEXT-GEN CONSOLE POST SEEMINGLY THE MOST LIKED OF ALL-TIME FROM A GAMES COMPANY
Sony's PlayStation 5 logo looks to be the most popular Instagram image of all-time from a video games company, according to analytics gathered by VGC.

Less than 48 hours after it was posted, the PS5 logo image has amassed almost five million likes and 136,000 comments, easily surpassing the second-placed image post, Fortnite's Avengers Endgame crossover announcement from April 2019 (2.7 million likes).

The analysis includes what VGC understands to be the top 20 most popular video games and video games company accounts and does not include influencer profiles.

Just saw this in my twitter feed, what a weird achievement, lol.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
This was just locked or I have somehow gone back in time......which is it ?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Sony has mastered the art of creating hype for their console reveals.
2020 will be nuts.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MV5BZWIxNzM5YzQtY2FmMS00Yjc3LWI1ZjUtNGVjMjMzZTIxZTIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpg

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has become the new most discussed topic on this forum. It's beautiful. Just a logo and look how much it's trending.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Oh..was it? Hmm I wonder why 🤔 doesn't seem like it's breaking the TOS to me.

As someone who posted a similar thread, apparently it is.

So let me say while I can, congratulations Sony on your beautiful PlayStation 5 logo reveal and Instagram record broken in less than two days!

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Why are people so annoyed by the latest PlayStation threads? New stuff gets new threads, it happens all the time. Oh and the previous locked thread is embarrassing as well with all the thread whining... some users are the expected ones too.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
I really want to post a totally dismissive, annoyed message here but I'll just say this...
This doesn't matter at all and isn't news worthy to create a bazillion threads on it. This is so bizarre lol.
It doesn't indicate how well PS5 will sell or perform on a hardware level.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Is it a coincidence that Playstations popularity is peaking now that they have enabled crossplay with Xbox? I feel like Phil Spencer deserves some credit for this.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Over 5m now.

I have no idea how much you can actually take away from this but it certainly seems like folks are ready for next gen

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Why would a thread about this get locked? It's a silly thing but it's a gaming related silly thing haha