• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Why would a thread about this get locked? It's a silly thing but it's a gaming related silly thing haha
i wouldnt say its silly at all, engagement metrics are important, we had a bunch of "youtube video crosses x million views" threads here, even for the xbox series X trailer, there is a meaning to how much fans engage in social media for the brand, not just to us but for the brand analysts at sony, MS etc.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did they not? I'm not too familiar with Instagram, but has it overtaken Twitter in any way? Maybe the social media guys who run the Twitter account aren't the same as those who run the Instagram account.
PlayStation UK did.

PlayStation's main account did not.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Considering how many times this has been opened maybe people want to discuss about it?

Btw the thirst for PS5 is real, the official reveal will be crazy stuff, hopefully in February.

Ghost Slayer

Oct 30, 2017
i wouldnt say its silly at all, engagement metrics are important, we had a bunch of "youtube video crosses x million views" threads here, even for the xbox series X trailer, there is a meaning to how much fans engage in social media for the brand, not just to us but for the brand analysts at sony, MS etc.
If this thread is locked then maybe Era no longer allow threads with social media metric viewed anymore

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
2d2.jpg

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If we keep talking about the meta discussion about these threads getting locked (which is kind of bizarre) then we'll get the thread locked for that. Heh. Best to stay on topic.

Obviously this is just a social media post with likes, but I'd say this is showing people are extremely excited for next gen.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I can see your point, it's not like social media can't be used for those metrics. It's just that likes on an Instagram picture are inherently silly to me since it's such a fleeting thing. For example I just went and liked the photo myself just to add to the madness of it all. Would have never clicked that Instagram link otherwise. But I'm also going to most likely buy a ps5.... So however analysts want to figure out what any of this means they can go ahead and try.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
This thread was locked earlier this morning. Please continue discussion in the already established thread.

Edit: This thread has been locked in error by myself and has therefore been re-opened. Please continue the discussion and try not to make me feel too embarrassed for the mistake 😇

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Dinner is back on boys.

But seriously, this is crazy. I wonder what the cap is for this.

edit: I thought this was a new thread. Didn't know I posted twice on here already. Ohh well.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
PS5 is going to absolutely dominate next gen, the thirst for the next PlayStation is real. The next God of War, Horizon 2, and new sequels and IP are going to make the PS5 a massive success.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
It really makes me wonder what the reaction will be when it's truly unveil or the week(s) of hype once the playstation is announced, it's going to be crazy !

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
okay glad this issue was solved.

now on topic:

these engagement metrics show a huge level of interest at the next generation consoles, awesome, when sony announces the playstation meeting its probably gonna be even bigger.