• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
www.pushsquare.com

PS5 Reveal Event: Sony Wants Fans to Be As Excited As if They Were in an E3 Auditorium

"You'll see we've been able to do that"

"Normally you would be in Los Angeles in some auditorium with 2,000 other people," boss Jim Ryan told the BBC. "You'd be able to cut the adrenaline and the testosterone with a knife. We've got to find a way to do that and give the community little bit of a jolt. When you watch the show next week, I think you'll see that we've been able to do that."

He made a similar statement when speaking with Games Industry.biz: "That's the challenge I've set the teams: try to get that community, the 100 million people – and all of the people who don't have a PlayStation we'd like to talk to – just as excited as if they were in the E3 auditorium, or if they were watching the stream."

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
tenor.gif

Lol at the testorone comment tho

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna have one of those dumb fake audience things like they did with the GDC livestream aren't they lol

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I just want a montage/rewind video of PS4 generation to start the showcase like they did at the start of PS Meeting in 2013 !

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sniff.... ah yes, the smell of balls/ass that haven't seen water in months.
11chop.gif

testosterone so thick in the air you can harvest it.

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Nobody is getting near my testosterones with a knife, but they must have some big stuff in store for us. I'm hype.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
can't they just overlay a pre-recorded video with obnoxious whooping and hollering?

May 31, 2018
Lol I can see him getting caught up in his own hype and saying something awkward without thinking. It would have been far more weird if he would have said "estrogen" lol. Non-issue.

More importantly is they are in touch with how excited fans can get and what stirs them. I would think if they know that, then they also know would be seen as a dud and what wouldn't. So yeah, I'm massively hyped.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
This is being hyped to heavens. I hope they deliver. And I want original cool looking IP. Prettier versions of Horizon, Spider and GoW aren't going to do it for me man.

TheTyrantShow

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
Everything is controversial lol

must be hard to run a company and be perfect

sounds like they're confident

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
And on top of that, it kind of seems to paint gamers as some kind of sweating horde of grunting frat boys.

Which I guess is the kind of reaction they WANT at their press conferences, but hearing it said out loud is just...ew.

Having been to press briefings before, that's exactly what it feels like most of the audience is made up, even though it actually isn't. Maximum cringe.