• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I think someone found a bug in Medan that unlocked the framerate to 60 so maybe they were like f it lets make it official for spooky season

ZodiacWolve

May 22, 2022
It was leaked by the PlayStation Game Size Twitter account a while ago.

Gave both games a second playthrough few months ago and enjoyed it much more than I did before.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I've seen a slate of these games on the store front recently, seemingly all part of the same series, but I've never heard of them before. Are these anything special?

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder how much Little Hope upgrade goes.

Apparently the game ran both unlocked reconstructed resolution and frame rate, so it could hit 4k/60fps just running in PS5 BC with no patches. Massive increase over PS4 Pro.

I'm guessing the fast load times is the big upgrade?

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
Ugh. I'm in the middle of cleaning up the trophies for Man of Medan. If I'd have known I would have just waited to play the PS5 version. I hate this whole double list thing this generation. Does anyone know if this is one of those games where you can transfer your save to the PS5 version and pop trophies to continue progressing?

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I've seen a slate of these games on the store front recently, seemingly all part of the same series, but I've never heard of them before. Are these anything special?

Depends on what you mean by special. If you're just asking if they're good, I think they are solid but nothing mind blowing (some people really hate them, but I don't know why. They are sort of like B horror movies in game form for lack of a better description).

But if you mean special as in unique, kind of. They are short form narrative horror games in the style of the studios breakout game, Until Dawn. If you've never played that, it's sort a more evolved Telltale type game where you make choices with various branching paths. No one makes games like them outside Supermassive, so they are special in that way.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
They're fun to play with friends in co-op, but otherwise not really. I buy them on sale to play with my sister when she's over.

Depends on what you mean by special. If you're just asking if they're good, I think they are solid but nothing mind blowing (some people really hate them, but I don't know why. They are sort of like B horror movies in game form for lack of a better description).

But if you mean special as in unique, kind of. They are short form narrative horror games in the style of the studios breakout game, Until Dawn. If you've never played that, it's sort a more evolved Telltale type game where you make choices with various branching paths. No one makes games like them outside Supermassive, so they are special in that way.
I appreciate the feedback, thanks!

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Currently going through Little Hope on PC. I can hear mu GPU fans hitting 100%, no I won't cap the framrate yolo :p

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Does Man of Medan have as much "walking in a straight line down the street" as Little Hope had?

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
There's rumors that they added cut content too? Including new endings?

I'm intrigued! Tell us more

"Experience the upgraded version of Man of Medan, now available on Xbox Series X|Sā„¢ and updated on Xbox Oneā„¢.
New to this upgrade: difficulty settings & QTE warnings, improved UI & interactions, updated bearing's art & event triggers, increased walk speeds and wider accessibility options including subtitle sizing.
Discover an extended playable chapter "Flooded", introducing new deaths in this climatic ending to the game!

*Free upgrade for owners of Man of Medan on Xbox One."

EDIT:

View: https://youtu.be/Ms_E0LwKEiw

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Bought these a while ago and never got around to playing them.

After playing Until Dawn at 60fps it'll be nice to not worry about a downgrade going to Man of Medan

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
I wanted to replay Man of Medan with my girlfriend but the 30 FPS was jarring to her. Nice to see the games being updated so that I can replay them before finally playing House of Ashes ...

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I was just thinking about getting Little Hope for PS4. Luckily I went for House of Ashes first.

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
Are these games worth checking out? I really like Until Dawn and The Quarry, but these games for some reason never really interested me.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
without VRR and low framerate compensation Little Hope ran terribly on Series X. Wonder if this changed anything (it ran really well with the aforementioned technology though).

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
So they've added a performance and quality mode. Only tried Little Hope but both modes seem to perform better. I'm opting for performance because quality with VRR on an OLED has noticeable gamma flickering due to the fluctuating framerate and just how damn dark these games are.

Pretty happy with the free update. Even though I completed man of Medan like a month ago.

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this thread earlier and am just sliding in to let peeps know that the bundle of 3 of the games is on sale on PSN (UK store at least). but once you buy it you may have to go to each games page to see the PS5 upgrade bit separately). That might just have been for me because I tend to buy from the website though.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Hopefully Little Hope won't break for people repeatedly, corrupting their save. Had to play the opening all the way through to meeting the dude in that bar like 4 times.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
NewDust LMAO Here we go again.
I think PS Plus is the biggest mistake I have ever committed.

Edit: Glad the problem is solved.

Last edited:

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing Man of Medan and having fun making the characters be complete tools towards each other.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

I think there's some confusion here.

Man of Medan was made available for "free" to people with PS Plus Essential for the PS4 version. With this new update, they added a PS5 version but that doesn't seem to apply if you added it to your library with PS Plus Essential.

Man of Medan is also available to play if you have the higher tier of PS Plus Extra which allows you to play a select library of games. I believe that post is saying the PS5 version is now showing up as available if you have PS Plus Extra.

The problem is for anyone who added it to their library under PS Plus Essential and as far as I can tell, cannot access the PS5 version.