• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Thank you to Gravity Insanity for sharing

PlayStation - The Good Guys

Shop for the latest Playstation consoles & controllers. Discover bargains & the latest Playstation products online with The Good Guys.

psm3eel.png

This website sells a large variety of products, mostly electronics, but what I found curious was this description for what sounds like a PS5 Slim. Of course there isn't any photos or even a price but maybe this means there will be an announcement soon?

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Seems a bit too early for the one Tom Henderson leaked, which was September if I recall? Who knows though he may have been wrong.

Hateno

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 30, 2017
I will be buying FFXVI hell or high water so hope this releases by end of June as I've put off buying 'The Uggo' for so long. Fingers crossed!

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Yep 100% this is legit. Good Guys are one of our biggest electronics retailers here. Wonder when this was meant to go live?

Sambo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I hope this gets released before FF16, been holding off on getting the PS5 due to its huge size.

Party Sklar

Jan 7, 2020
I'll laugh if the "PS5 Slim" is the rumored digital-only PS5 with the Blu-Ray reader sold as an accessory

May 24, 2019
It's like the TV stations preparing death packages for old celebrities ahead of time. They're just preparing for the inevitable.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
It sounds legit, I imagine there will be extremely short announcement to release timeline for it so its probably launching in April?
Seems a bit too early for the one Tom Henderson leaked, which was September if I recall? Who knows though he may have been wrong.
Honestly I think he was working off of pretty old documents that got leaked alongside the other SIE leaks last year, timeline for these stuff could have possibly changed.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
I hope they're doing an "Apple", announce it and then release it in like a month. If it's a September release as previously rumored, it makes no sense for retailers to already have a listing.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
I assume this is the version without the disc drive? My only hope is that they keep it quiet like the original model.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
So the only difference from the Digital would be that you can add on a BR Drive? I hope this isn't the last PS5 Slim they've got planned...

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever works as a buyer or whatever at Good Guys has likely just used "PS5 Slim" as a placeholder and someone accidentally enabled it. I doubt very much that there's a slim, and that Good Guys were the ones to leak it lol

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I actually think the PS5 pro will be smaller than the PS5, so that'll be the true slim. Maybe 3nm and new architecture can enable a 2-3x RT perf boost and lower peak TDP from 230 watts at the same time.

Something like 50% extra CPU speed, 2x GPU (3x RT), 100% increased ram BW for $499 in a PS4 sized form factor and sub 200 watts tdp.

The PS5 is fucking huge and power hungry so it shouldn't be a wild take.

TheExtra

May 14, 2020
I already have my chunky disc version PS5 and love it to bits.

But it's great if this slim version truly exists. I've seen many people who've taken issue with the size of the current console.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Nice. I need a second PS5 and I was planning to get the Digital, I will wait for this one.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Sony about to be to disc drives as Andy was to woody

But if it looks good I'll probably be miffed that I let the FOMO take over when I bought the big boi last year for ragnarock

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Whoever works as a buyer or whatever at Good Guys has likely just used "PS5 Slim" as a placeholder and someone accidentally enabled it. I doubt very much that there's a slim, and that Good Guys were the ones to leak it lol

Read the description. Do you think they just pulled that out of their arse?

MizziPizzi

Feb 14, 2019
Sweden
Hope it's true! Only reason I've waited this long to get one(aside from the supply issues) is because of the looks of the current model. I simply cannot get used to the looks, it's like a kid designed the damn thing..

Oct 27, 2017
Please be true.
It would be hilarious if it's somehow uglier than the current disc model. As long as it's smaller, I'll probably be on board. Assuming I can find one easily.

I worked at a Good Guys store when I lived in Australia over 10 years ago. Really enjoyed it so it's nice to see they're still around.

TiredOldHack

Mar 26, 2020
See, this is what happens when you jump to conclusions.

Load up that page on archive.org and here's what it looked like in April 2019:

Io5DVep.png

It's leftover text from the PS4 Slim, that someone's just changed to say PS5 instead. Go forward on archive.org and you'll see it's been giving that "new look, slimmer PlayStation 5" spiel since at least January 2021.

Why hasn't it been discovered until now? Because when you go to the Good Guys site and look for PS5 you're taken to a different URL entirely. It's not actually possible to browse to that other link, because it's an old outdated one from the PS4 era.

Investigation over, non-story, sorry folks.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I hope its a proper slim model like PS3 slim and not this Frankenstein disk attachment system.

Edit: ah dear

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

Io5DVep.png

It's leftover text from the PS4 Slim, that someone's just changed to say PS5 instead. Go forward on archive.org and you'll see it's been giving that "new look, slimmer PlayStation 5" spiel since at least January 2021.

Why hasn't it been discovered until now? Because when you go to the Good Guys site and look for PS5 you're taken to a different URL entirely. It's not actually possible to browse to that other link, because it's an old outdated one from the PS4 era.

pack it up people lol

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Read the description. Do you think they just pulled that out of their arse?
I stand corrected, my apologies.

Io5DVep.png

I guess that's where they pulled it from. Doesn't make sense they'd push a feature like HDR.

Nov 19, 2019
Google the line 'incredibly vivid, vibrant colours with breathtaking HDR visuals and immersion' and you'll find it matches almost every PS4 slim product description.

Exhibit A, B and C

Wrap it up folks.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Thought it would drop with Spiderman 2, so the latter might indeed drop before the Holidays.

So September seems likely.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

Io5DVep.png

Yeah, I think this rumour seems unlikely. I'll lock this up and someone can report if something else comes up to make this relevant or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.