• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How hyped are you?

• A little hyped

Votes: 98 15.7%
  • A lot of hyped

Votes: 50 8.0%
  • WALNUUUUUTSSSSS

Votes: 222 35.5%
  • Hyped enough to eat this whole bag of walnuts

Votes: 63 10.1%
  • Hyped enough to bite this moose

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • Hyped enough to scramble a dozen eggs

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Hyped enough to be even more hyped, like, cyclical or something

Votes: 116 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
The train never stops. Here we go.

After the impressive reveal of Xbox Series X being 12TF RDNA 2 I wonder what the PS5 is going to look like.

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India
Great find, thanks for sharing.
Md Ray for that post on the recently closed OT
Welcome guys. Credit goes to the author of that article, Rahul Majumdar, for that source. Thanks to him.
I guess no one was interested in watching info for the 5600 XT, lol. Just shocked something like that for the next gen consoles went unnoticed for 2 months.
Lol, true.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I have a good feeling tomorrow is the day the beast is released.
giphy.gif

Do it for my avatar Jim.

Are you willing to bet your avatar? :)

Saidur_Ali

Dec 23, 2019
not the best game to show the leap for nextgen, you know.. FIFA is FIFA.
also, its current and next gen game.
I'm particularly looking forward to a next-gen Gran Turismo to see the difference as simulation games will benefit a lot from faster CPU, audio processing and GPU due to real-time nature of it and need for accuracy at the lowest latency.

A lot of games don't really need the power of next-gen consoles hence why so many great games exist on the Nintendo Switch so quality of experience improvements can be enough of a change. FIFA being a very popular game will still benefit a lot from less waiting to get into new games and less laggy controls which can change perceived experience quite a bit.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Any news on new machine learning features? A lot more going to go on instead of just our brute hardware pushing the envelope.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It would be so much fun if Sony is waiting for us to unlock the reveal/specs (like they are doing with all the themes) by waiting till we reach the right amount of TF's 😂

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Posting this again for the new thread. AMD Engineer on tape saying both consoles natively support ray tracing which is part of AMD's RDNA 2.0 push.

I think their target was 14 but they will settle for 13.

They would need to be on 7nm+, RDNA 2.0 and use HBM to bring down the tdp requirements and then push the clocks as high as they can.

i dont see them going with a 72 cu part. 50 some CUs and high clocks assuming their cooling solution is amazing, their console has vents coming out of its ass and those 7nm+ rdna 2.0 efficiencies are really that drastic.

I'll be happy if it's an 11 something TF GPU. That's what I'm going with. If it's 13 that'll be absolutely amazing though.

The RDNA 2 confirmation by for both consoles is awesome.

So PS5 GPU will have the same base feature-set as XSX (not counting any potential secret sauce in either).[/quote][/QUOTE]

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I guess we have to wait for Sony to announce the other RDNA2 parts like VRS etc. At least the AMD video seems to suggest RT=RDNA2 but we need a solid confirm else this thread is going to explode for several more OT's.

Kreten

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
Muhammad

What you are claiming is unfair to Turing is actually not true, the card was designed for 1410MHz anything over that is Overclock not underclock.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
btw looking at all the Dualshock 5 features, I wonder if the XSX controller is as plain as it looks? So far it just looks like an Xbone controller with a new button and dpad, while the DS5 has all sorts of new shit.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Any minute now, I'm sure Sony will announce a sudden livestream.

welp.. goodbye Monster Boy.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
It seems that Xbox Series X controller doesn't have much in the way of new innovations. There's a new Share button and that's about it.

PS5 controller sounds like it's really pushing things forward with haptic feedback.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Next gen is gonna be impressive. Specs wise its probaly gonna be better than 90% gaming pc's out there according to steam chart. Thats the great thing for gaming in general.

Oct 27, 2017
i dont see them going with a 72 cu part. 50 some CUs and high clocks assuming their cooling solution is amazing, their console has vents coming out of its ass and those 7nm+ rdna 2.0 efficiencies are really that drastic.

This is what I speculated: 3 SEs each with 18 active CUs for a total of 54 active CUs. Likely clocked somewhere between 1.7 and 2.0 Ghz for a TF target of between 11.7504 TFs and 13.824 TFs.

Having SEs with 18 CUs active makes it easy to disable one and have 2 remaining active (36 CUs) for hardware-based BC.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I'M GOING TO PREFACE THIS THREAD WITH THIS RIGHT NOW, SO PAY ATTENTION. BARELY ANYTHING IS CONFIRMED. TERAFLOPS (lulz) AND OTHER NUMBERS ARE BASED ON PURE SPECULATION OR SECOND HAND INSIDER INFO. ANYONE SAYING SOMETHING IS CONFIRMED, TREAT IT WITH SCRUTINY.
news.xbox.com

What You Can Expect From the Next Generation of Gaming - Xbox Wire

The future of gaming has never been more inspiring. Creativity in games is flourishing. New services empower you to discover more games—and bring you closer to the games and creators and streamers you love. The cloud creates a massive opportunity to stream console-quality games and play with the...

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
btw looking at all the Dualshock 5 features, I wonder if the XSX controller is as plain as it looks? So far it just looks like an Xbone controller with a new button and dpad, while the DS5 has all sorts of new shit.
What else is it doing other than haptic feedback? I've heard the rumours of maybe paddles and heart beat sensors but those haven't been confirmed.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
It seems that Xbox Series X controller doesn't have much in the way of new innovations. There's a new Share button and that's about it.

PS5 controller sounds like it's really pushing things forward with haptic feedback.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't the "haptic feedback" in the PS5 controller going to be basically the same thing the XOne has had since launch in "impulse triggers"?

Status
Not open for further replies.