• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 129013

Dec 12, 2022
Got my email and invite, it gives access to the new firmware beta if you weren't already in it, but seems like it is going out to Premium members.

Just tested Ragnarok at 2160p quality and had no issues so far.

You set the max resolution from the activity card: 720p, 1080, 1440p, 2160p.

Games seem to load your cloud saves directly.

XQGTUqz.jpg

jeiQLHy.jpg

Last edited:

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Any screen shots? How seamless is launching the game? This def means this shit is coming by fall. Wtf.

OP
OP

Deleted member 129013

Dec 12, 2022
Any screen shots? How seamless is launching the game? This def means this shit is coming by fall. Wtf.

There's a new section in the PS+ menu that is for Streaming PS5 Games. Just click the game and it loads in a few seconds.

Right now I see the following:

GoW:R
Horizon Forbidden West
Fortnite,
Fall Guys
Destiny 2
Retrunal
Demon's Souls
Death Stranding
Sackboy A Big Adventure
Destruction All Stars
Fall Guys

Trials:
Demon Slayer
RE8

Is this only available on PS5 consoles? Sounds like it'd be good for G Cloud.

Says specifically just PS5 streaming, so maybe they aren't ready to test PC or other devices.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yup.

Just tried Returnal. That is a game that is hard to jump back into after not playing since release.
That's a good game to test it on, how did it feel compared to playing it locally?

I find it hard to believe you are actually getting a high resolution stream. It's probably just the resolution that the stream will be upscaled to.
Even then if it looks good enough for upscaled 4K that's a good improvement over many streaming solutions I've tried.

EDIT: OP added pic, looks like 4K stream if your connection can handle it. wow

Last edited:

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
Can we get some additional context for the uninformed?

Like, I know my PS5 can stream games...so what is being demonstrated here? Enquiring minds want to know!

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Nice!

Is it letting you stream owned copies of your games then? I know Ragnarok isn't on extra/Premium but quite a few others on your list there are. Just wondering because I believe they said that feature was coming. Didn't expect it so soon.

Last edited:

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Is this streaming PS5 games from the cloud to the PS5 without installing them? I guess you have to own them?

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Since I was already part of the other beta (I don't think they are the same).. I can't download the new one, even though I got a code. It keeps saying my PS5 is already up to date (beta 3.0)

Do I have to restore regular firmware, then redeem the new code again to trigger the download.

Edit- Nevermind! I found the Preview tab in the PS+ Premium section...lol

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Heard that PS5 games would eventually come but didn't know there would be a preview stage. We thinking this is only going to be games available via Premium or will include be games you own in your digital library that's not on Premium?

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
It will include your own games (if that title is supported, of course)
Nice ty! Really hope it gets dolled out to PC, I've really enjoyed plus cloud streaming via Steam Deck, but also maybe useful in games like Battlefront 2042 where wish I could put on for an hour a week without it eating a lion share of my storage.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Nice to see the rollout commencing. It's been a long time coming and I'd wager they would have wanted this implemented much sooner if they didn't have to devote all components to console production until more recently.

The virtually instant loading on PS5 games will make for a considerably better experience while streaming too. We know from Jim Ryan that they're planning an "aggressive cloud strategy" in the coming months, and we already know a couple of tidbits about it like:

- PS5 cloud streaming
- PS+ Premium subscribers will be able to stream some of their owned games via the cloud (ie. they won't have to be on the Extra/Premium pool of games). We can only guess how many games would be part of this initiative.

My speculation/hope on further parts of this aggressive rollout are:

- Mobile cloud streaming app, or integrated into an existing app
- TV cloud streaming app. Sony's own TVs run Android so if they have a mobile app then no reason they can't port it to their TVs too
- Project Q is currently noted to only be used for remote play, but the leak we got recently shows it's running Android. The hope would be that once they unveil their plans that they'll also announce that Project Q will be able to access the cloud for streaming
- Announce more countries are able to access PS+ Premium to do cloud gaming

My super long shot additional hope/speculation is that they also announce PS3 emulation so that means they only need PS5 hardware in the cloud to run games from every single PS platform.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
1440p & 4K video resolution options are new.

Static shot looks fine, I wonder how will it look in a more dynamic moment.

Jammerz

Banned
Apr 29, 2023
Project q needs cloud streaming bad. Please don't just make it a remote plays device.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Testing GoW Ragnarok...and it seems like setting the PS5 Audio output to Soundbar wasnt the best sound? The game had me locked to stereo.

I had to change the audio output to AV Amplifier and the game switched to Surround.

Huh.

Let me find out all this time I wasn't getting the best sound....lol.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
ArashiGames can you post a 4K stream screenshot during some action, character movement, etc? Something to see the 4K streaming image quality when the view is not static.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way Project Q doesn't support this. Right? Edit: how is Returnal as a 4K stream?

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
hmm currently in the firmware beta from a week ago but don't have this option, is this a whole separate code?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Well, dont do like I did and forgot to upload your game saves.

I had issues with syncing for awhile and turned it off, always did it manually. I almost started a new game on Ragnarok.

It wouldnt have been an issue until I forgot and synced the brand new game over my game save.

hmm currently in the firmware beta from a week ago but don't have this option, is this a whole separate code?
Yes, check your email.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I still don't believe they will allow non-PS5 owners to stream PS5 games... even if they sub to PS+ Premium.

Everything says they want folks to own PS5 system to play PS5 games.

I'm trying to do the math where it is worth it for them and I don't see it. $15-20 to sub for one month + $70 to finish a 1st party exclusive hit at launch?

Do yall think it will just be for older games? The Premium catalog? Again even for that, I just don't see it.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't believe they will allow non-PS5 owners to stream PS5 games... even if they sub to PS+ Premium.

Everything says they want folks to own PS5 system to play PS5 games.

I'm trying to do the math where it is worth it for them and I don't see it. $15-20 to sub for one month + $70 to finish a 1st party exclusive hit at launch?

Do yall think it will just be for older games? The Premium catalog? Again even for that, I just don't see it.
I think at this point...anything's possible.

I mean...Sony are know doing PC games.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Alright just tried remote playing the PS5 Streaming catalog... and it says I'm blocked from seeing it haha...

But Holy Shit I'm able to control it still with my tablet. 🙃

Tablet screen is just blacked out, but button promps still show.

Edit- lag isn't as bad as you would think... streamimg a stream? 🤷🏾‍♂️

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright just tried remote playing the PS5 Streaming catalog... and it says I'm blocked from seeing it haha...

But Holy Shit I'm able to control it still with my tablet. 🙃

Tablet screen is just blacked out, but button promps still show.

Edit- lag isn't as bad as you would think... streamimg a stream? 🤷🏾‍♂️

I was going to ask if this works through remote play. That's pretty cool if it works decently still. A lot of slower paced games would be great like Baldur's Gate 3.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I was going to ask if this works through remote play. That's pretty cool if it works decently still. A lot of slower paced games would be great like Baldur's Gate 3.

You can't see anything though on the device... but eventually they might enable it. Which is why I think the Project Q might not launch with that feature available.

We'll see...

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
As far as just the streaming quality using the PS5.. it seems fine. I left my option up to 4K streaming.

I tried out Destruction Allstars Stream.. then immediately tried the regular version. You can feel an ever so slight delay on the streaming version.

I have basically Xfinity Gig download and hooked up by way of LAN. Live in SF.

I've had other streams work great though.. so many because this is a beta or the fact that I have 4K streaming on... gave that slight input lag.

Was able to play the game fine though. Again it isn't noticeable when looking at the screen. Like say pushing the jump button and seeing your character jump.