• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017

fhO0Ahd.png

Website hasn't updated, yet: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/hardware/ps5/system-software/

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious what caused this for some people but not for others. I not once ever experienced this so I wonder what I did differently or what would trigger it.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I wonder if it also comes with a controller update. Have some serious stickdrift since a week or two, tried a few things to fix it but no luck so far :/

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The stark different in post numbers between this update and an update that just fixes stability.

Thanks OP, downloaded the update :).

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Have they commeneted on any of the following recently?

-Vrr
-Allm
-Always on HDR regardless of content
-Rest mode crashes (with and without external storage)
-Folders

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Oh yes finally, AC Valhalla (PS4) started installing itself like every other time I turned on PS5

imawookieman

Aug 19, 2020
Outside of the poor wifi (compared even to my PS3 in the same room), the disc spinning annoys me the most. I have to take the discs out if I'm watching something else as it is so damn loud.

I also find the Wifi poor. My PC which is next to my PS5 get's at least 300mb down compared to the PS5 which fluctuates at 40mb - 180mb. It's a joke really.

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope the hourly disc check is a bug, because my disc spinning has already worsened, it's now louder. It definitely will bring the drive to break sooner than expected.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the poor wifi (compared even to my PS3 in the same room), the disc spinning annoys me the most. I have to take the discs out if I'm watching something else as it is so damn loud.
I also find the Wifi poor. My PC which is next to my PS5 get's at least 300mb down compared to the PS5 which fluctuates at 40mb - 180mb. It's a joke really.
I've found the WiFi to be better when it peaks, but I have found it to never stay stable and even drop at times. I have had to resort to using a LAN cable as even with 100-250mb speeds the WiFi just randomly drops for PSNow streaming etc

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
finally this 500 dollar machine can actually automatically play games that I paid 500 dollars to experience

MidnightMania

Oct 31, 2017
Does this fix the issue with the WiFi dropping out? Issue is annoying because the only fix is to hard reboot the console.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't know about the PS4 disc PS5 issue, cool that's fixed, I am actually excited for system performance/stability as the OS has been a bit of a mess since day 1 really. Still really need external storage to not have a chance to corrupt the system (Unless that is fixed now, but I dare not leave the storage connected on boot up/shut down anymore), expandable storage to actually be a thing, disc randomly spinning despite not playing that game and HDMI 2.1 features being enabled too to name a few of the more major things.
Then the more QoL things... you can't check for updates for games in the library section, trophies seem to be more of a pain to check during a game now, should have a section just for trophies on the function bar screen

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I just started playing R6 Siege and every time I turn my console on it downloads PS4 version even though PS5 version is installed lol

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Glad they fixed that issue, I'm fed up with having to delete the PS4 version of Dirt 5 constantly lol.
Hopefully it also fixes the issue where the disc drive just randomly spins up during gameplay, even if you're not playing a disc based game. With how annoyingly loud that drive is, that's a pain in the ass.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Still really need external storage to not have a chance to corrupt the system (Unless that is fixed now, but I dare not leave the storage connected on boot up/shut down anymore)
This stopped happening for me an update or two ago, might be worth trying it out but as always YMMV.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
I always thought everyone had the problem with PS4 discs installing, even if you had the PS5 version (upgrade) installed? It was soooo annoying...turning on my console and each and every time it automatically installed/copied the ps4 version again, even if the PS5 version is installed. You manually had to cancel the copy process and partially had to remove the already copied files as well. Finally/hopefully this is fixed now, it nearly drove me to pay more for the digital versions rather than buying games cheaper with disc (like Sackboy for PS4 for 29 Euro recently on disc).

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I hope this fixes the CE-108255 crashes.
It´s not that big of a deal for me as crashes are uncommon in general, but still - I get at least 1 random crashe a week (Cyberpunk doesnt count lol)

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
So far so good. But I didn't have the disc spinning up at all, of if I did I couldn't hear it. I'll keep my ear out for it anyways.

I didn't experience the ps4 installing issue, I don't have any ps4 games upgraded to ps5 on disc.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
So far so good. But I didn't have the disc spinning up at all, of if I did I couldn't hear it. I'll keep my ear out for it anyways.

I didn't experience the ps4 installing issue, I don't have any ps4 games upgraded to ps5 on disc.
It usually spins really loud but for a short 10-15 second period every hour or so. Infuriating

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it also comes with a controller update. Have some serious stickdrift since a week or two, tried a few things to fix it but no luck so far :/
I actually came here to check the same thing.
Sony CS told me a month ago that I could either send it in to them for replacement or wait for the next controller update to see if it helps things. I said that it would wait but it's been too long. I might just send it in.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Well that's good news if it fixes the issue.

I had to keep ejecting PS4 disc's when turning off the PS5, because if I left the disc in, it would auto install the PS4 version when I turn the PS5 back on.

Starlightmuse

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe the random disc spinning isn't fixed yet, smh. Months without an update and still nothing, what a joke.