• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
A new firmware update available today – although some may have already seen it earlier in the month – transforms the way Activity Cards are presented in-game. Rather than a long ribbon of different icons, these are now grouped together. For instance, in the PGA Tour 2K23 example above, there's a section for Single Player Activities and Multiplayer Activities. Selecting one of these icons, then brings up a neat list of all the things you can do.

Trophies have also been completely overhauled. Now, when you select the Trophy icon, you're able to see the full list of available gongs in the game. You can then choose to pin certain challenges and even snap the list to your screen. Previously, you'd have to go to the Trophy Tracker and then tab through to a separate part of the system to see all of the trinkets available. This is a massive usability improvement.

ps5-user-interface-ui-firmware-updates-1.large.jpg

ps5-user-interface-ui-firmware-updates-2.large.jpg

ps5-user-interface-ui-firmware-updates-3.large.jpg

VoltySquirrel

Oct 25, 2017
this isn't exactly consider the activity card shit massive considering it's a poorly supported feature that i have never once felt my experience improved by engaging with. the trophy stuff is nice i guess.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Neat.

Still waiting/hoping for themes I got from PS4, if that'll ever happen.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed the trophy improvement straight away, despite it not being mentioned in the changelog. A welcome change.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why the trophies didn't default to all before this was always a baffling decision and always frustrated me

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I wish they'd update the experience when someone fucked up on uploading the trophies, or trophy implementation or whatever.

My trophies still error out every time because A Place for the Unwilling's trophies are non-functional and nobody seems to care about updating them.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
grouping activities by type should have been done day 1. The way the information has been presented up to now is so jarring and random that it has likely contributed to activity cards not being used much. I know it has discouraged me from engaging with it.

Mar 11, 2020
I would say that the current method makes sense. Quick tap for quick menu, long press for home. The issue is that it's backwards from what we were already used to.
Yeah and ok if you change it but then please give an option to switch the functionality back for legacy users at least

It's even worse cause i still switch between the two consoles for various games.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Can they please turn off this new Resume Activity "feature"? My home screen is now filled with low-res activity card art instead of 4K key art from the game 🤦‍♂️

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
I STILL am annoyed at the home button changes from PS4 to PS5 and still get confused. WTF on why they swapped the functionality of it in the first place.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind them giving us the option. However they really want us to use the quick nav/activity cards, so I suppose I get why they did it...

Can they please turn off this new Resume Activity "feature"? My home screen is now filled with low-res activity card art instead of 4K key art from the game
🤦‍♂️

I was wondering what was happening...

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Quick access to the full trophy list is a massive improvement.

Also this isn't part of the firmware update that rolled out today. They are able to deploy UI changes like this much more dynamically than they could with previous consoles. I had these changes pushed to my console before even installing the latest update.

They also seem to be phasing this out as not everyone is seeing the updated UI yet.

Oct 27, 2017
It's better than before but still worse than it was on Ps4.

It lists all trophies you still have to unlock, not all trophies of a game. The one you already earned are not visible. On Ps4 you just pressed the guide button while ingame and it was there, the whole list, earned and still to earn trophies, and could be ordered by earned date, something you can't do right now. You still have to use View all Trophies and go to a different menu to look at all the trophies.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
The resume activity is now a few more button presses to get back in game. Before it was one press and I was loading in. its a pretty annoying change

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Oh wow, this is an amazing upgrade for me.

I have zero interest in trophies, but after tapping the PS button while in a game where I recorded a video snippet, I often had to scroll right through a ton of huge, unwanted trophy icons to the end of the row just to edit the video.

Now that trophies are grouped together in one folder, I can easily get to the icons I have interest in. Great change. Now please let me turn off trophy messages popping up in the notification Icon, not just in-game.

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
I noticed this during the last update and it makes everything so much easier to use.

Not mentioned also is that the suggestions to join other friends matches and parties in MP games is much easier and streamlined compared to before. Leagues better than before.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, just let me totally deactivate the cards. Such an annoying shit when I wake up my console from rest mode and they pop for no goddamn reason.