• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
The French blog post seems to include a line that the English version didn't. Here's the translation which I've checked with someone and the translation is correct:

Screenshot_2020-10-07_at_15.20.54.png

Sur PlayStation 5, vous pourrez suivre vos progrès vers l'obtention de trophées individuels pour les jeux PS5 compatibles. Par exemple, vous verrez parfois le nombre d'artefacts qu'il vous reste à collecter, ou le nombre d'améliorations d'armures que vous devez obtenir avant de débloquer le Trophée.

https://blog.fr.playstation.com/202...ons-bientot-apportees-aux-niveaux-de-trophee/

Shame it doesn't seem to work retroactivity for PS4 games, but at least it's now there. It's been my biggest request for the trophy system.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
I wonder if the difficoulties on keeping saves for crossgen games has anything to do with this sort of things

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
About time, I actually really like this feature for achievements.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It honestly amazed me the PS4 didn't have this, so cool they finally got around to it now.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
That's a really nice addition for those games that have "kill [x] number of enemies with [y] weapon" trophies.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, completely justifies my PS5 purchase now lol. YES!

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
That would be a neat improvement, Steam already does this for some achievements and it's a small but fun thing to have. (Actually didn't realize Xbox also did this, but I guess it makes sense given Microsoft's many experiments in this area.)

It'll probably be very dependent on developers supporting it, though, so there will probably be some trophies that don't get progress tracking even if it seems like they should have it. Given that so many games already have pretty robust stat tracking, though, it hopefully won't be a big deal.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Are all achievements trackable on Xbox one? Assuming that's the case, it'll be the same with PS5 in terms of third party support for this feature

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
This right here is the biggest improvement over the updated trophy system, hell yes. It felt like a luxury when certain games actually helped keep track for you.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
About time!

Microsoft has been doing this for years on Xbox and it's a great feature.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I wonder why it is only in the FR blog post. Was this update supposed to be revealed later and they forgot to remove it?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet baby jeezus, thank you. Now I just need confirmed option to alphabetically sort the list and im in heaven

EDIT: oh god... trophy level 12 will put you in the 200's?? What the hell, im level 48

savageturnip

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't know this wasn't a thing after being exclusively on Xbox for the last few years, glad it will be there as I make the move back!

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I assumed it was just one of those things that both the Xbox One and PS4 did, never noticed that the PS4 didn't track that sort of thing.

Good that the PS5 will, it's been handy to keep track on Xbox.