• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Since Ray Tracing is one of the most pushed and talked about things for the next gen, which launch games for any of the consoles launching this november are confirmed to have Ray Tracing functionalities?

I'll make a list with your help:

PS5
  • DMCV Special Edition
  • Miles Morales + Spider-man remaster
  • Demon's Souls
  • Watchdogs Legion
  • Godfall
  • COD BlackOps Cold War
  • DIRT 5
  • *Ratchet and Clank A Rift Apart (Launch Window)
XBOX Series X|S
  • *DMCV Special Edition (not at launch)
  • Watchdogs Legion
  • Minecraft
  • The Medium
  • COD BlackOps Cold War
  • DIRT 5
  • *The Ascent (Launch Window)

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
We just had this thread, you've got a few I was gonna list already in the OP so I'll add extras

PS5
Demon's Souls (+ improved shadows)

Xbox
Minecraft (not 100% sure if it's coming at launch)
The Medium

Series S will also support ray tracing on Watch Dogs Legion

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
I would hope that Minecraft gets ray tracing on PS5 too.. unless Microsoft made that feature exclusive for PC/Xbox only.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
Since Ray Tracing is one of the most pushed and talked about things for the next gen, which launch games for any of the consoles launching this november are confirmed to have Ray Tracing functionalities?

I'll make a list of the ones I remember from the top of my head:

PS5
  • DMCV Special Edition
  • Demon's Souls
  • Watchdogs Legion
XBOX Series X|S
  • DMCV Special Edition
  • Watchdogs Legion
  • Minecraft
  • The Medium
I know I must be missing some. Care to enlighten me?
DMCV doesnt have it at launch on xbox i thought?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I suck at searching then :(
Ah, don't worry about it lol.

Tbh, this launch is looking kinda dry when it comes to RT. It's still kind of in its infancy and major compromises have to be made for the heavier effects but expect to see it more down the line. If this thread was for games coming in 2021 and beyond then there would be a bunch more games to name.

OP
OP
Datrael

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I'll make a list with your help:

PS5
  • DMCV Special Edition
  • Demon's Souls
  • Watchdogs Legion
  • Godfall
  • COD BlackOps Cold War
XBOX Series X|S
  • DMCV Special Edition (not at launch)
  • Watchdogs Legion
  • Minecraft
  • The Medium
  • COD BlackOps Cold War
Until now medium has not put the raytracing tag back into the xbox game page after it was removed . So there is a chance that might not make launch .

www.xbox.com

The Medium | Xbox

Become a medium living in two worlds in The Medium.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Until now medium has not put the raytracing tag back into the xbox game page after it was removed . So there is a chance that might not make launch .

www.xbox.com

The Medium | Xbox

Become a medium living in two worlds in The Medium.
metro.co.uk

The Medium will have ray-tracing despite Xbox website error

The Medium’s listing on the Xbox website has removed any mention of ray-tracing, but the developer insists that it’s still a feature.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
God Miles Morales looked so good in the showcase.

Camera work, textures, animation, lighting etc just looked amazing to me. Was blown away. Can't wait for PS5.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Raytracing seems to no longer be listed for anything on Xbox site but from what I remember:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (on Series X|S at least)

Second Extinction (Xbox)

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I get the need to know what game use it or not but i mean.. it's going to be such a mess of different type/level of integration. Games with RT is a vague and blurry concept at that point.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Do you want include next gen launch patches for games like Gears, Forza Horizon 4, ... ? At least those two will have some form of RT.

Jan 21, 2019
I wonder when we will stop caring about RT. How many times are we supposed to be wowed by reflections that have a roughness cutoff that makes then look like the puddles are not part of the scenery.
For now it seems like it is just an add on. I wonder when the first game that cannot be without RT is released, like a game where the art is designed around RT. Can't wait for that game. Metro, even though it wasn't designed worth RT in mind, is the closest I feel we are to a game were RT makes a significant difference.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't DMCV have ray-tracing on Xbox but on Playstation?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No one knows for sure. Capcom just informed this at their blog. Could be a weird Sony moneyhat, or another reason completely.

If that is true, that's outrageous, lol. Moneyhatting ray-tracing in a special edition where graphical enhancements are one of the main selling points.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Watch_Dogs: Legion was a launch but I am not sure now after someone on Era was messing around the UbiStore and found a November 24th Date for the PS5/XSX/S versions.