• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
You can only add Wii Points to your Wii Shop account through MARCH. You have next year to spend them and until 2019 to redownload stuff.

Picked up the Space Invaders Get Even DLC and Gradius ReBirth this morning, still mulling over the My Life games.

EDIT: it's march, me dumb

Last edited:

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can only add Wii Points to your Wii Shop account through tonight. You have next year to spend them and until 2019 to redownload stuff.

Picked up the Space Invaders Get Even DLC and Gradius ReBirth this morning, still mulling over the My Life games.

EDIT: Stupid phone, can a mod fix the title?
Wikipedia says: "It was announced on September 29, 2017 that Nintendo plans to discontinue the Wii Shop Channel on January 30, 2019, with the purchase of Wii points ending on March 26, 2018."

Did they bump up the date?

Oct 28, 2017
So will you be able to buy games with a creditcard or on the wiishop on wii U?
I don't think so but I do hope it.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
What happen when it close? Stuff you bought, if erase by mistake, system failure, mean your screwed and you will no longer be able to get em in 2019?

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tumblr_m5g3gv4OUG1qm15teo9_r1_250.gif

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda off topic but how is the Wii U version of Super Mario World? I never really got a chance to play through it so I was thinking of picking it up. I know Wii U VC has some problems so I was thinking of getting it on Wii. I know there's a 3DS version as well.

Dom6

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately it feels like a waste to me, if anything ever happens to the system being unable to redownload them. I can't say that it makes me want to invest in any of the games, even though some of the Wii VC titles are superior to their Wii U VC counterparts. I'll just skip it entirely, and wait for a better or different way to play them. /shrug

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Are Contra and Gradius Rebirth good? That's the only thing I might buy.

Everyone go buy Rondo of Blood! Hope they put that on Wii U soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.